Jump to content

BERWICK RANGERS 2021/22


Pugsley
 Share

Recommended Posts

We built up a bank balance of over £1m when we were in the league below them, m8, and since then have brought in £2m+ from transfers, well over £20m in terms of prize money, and still run at a profit.
"Living off the blue/green pound" is the kind of chat you get from knuckle headed OF fans, but I guess fans of Berwick are now on that side of the fence...
Yawn, you're '100% convinced' and your chum 'doesn't buy it' Love to go to court with you two jokers.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, VodkaTap said:

I can well understand your concern regarding the 'foot in the door' as your describe. 

The LL clubs have voted to allow them in for this season only - nothing more. Nobody knows how any subsequent vote might turn out. Who knows wot evidence will come from this experiment.

It appears from this experiment that the old firm will be neither promoted nor relegated so i fail to see how that will impact on the chances of the rest of the LL clubs. 

As for the possibility of the old firm colts progressing further up the pyramid - do you really think the LL has so much influence that they alone can make that happen ??

 

Right then  Gretna last game of season v Berwick Rangers? 

Gretna currently bottom need 3 points to stay up. 

Berwick need 3 points to be champions. 

Meanwhile 2nd bottom on goal difference Vale of Leithen last game of season is against Rangers Colts. 

 Bonnyrigg Rose are on the same points as Berwick and are playing  playing Celtic Colts. 

Bonnyrigg and Vales games are now void? 

How is this no impacting the LL ? 

Its giving clubs an advantage/disadvantage and a major baw ache for the fixtures secretary. 

It's an absolute piss take. 

 

Edited by newcastle broon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, A Believer said:

Yawn, you're '100% convinced' 

Yes, because the entry in the Challenge Cup was clearly just a route into the pyramid despite "just being a one season experiment", and ever since then jts been a constant push to get into the league system.

They finally found scab clubs willing to allow them in the pyramid "as a one season experiment" and now the next step will be either getting promotion allowed from the Lowland League, or yet again pushing League Two sides to accept them.

If that ever happens, the next step would be preventing the Colt sides from getting relegated down the pyramid, by shutting the door.

Have you just been ignoring the whole Colt situation for the past decade? They've not exactly been shy about what they intend to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, because the entry in the Challenge Cup was clearly just a route into the pyramid despite "just being a one season experiment", and ever since then jts been a constant push to get into the league system.

They finally found scab clubs willing to allow them in the pyramid "as a one season experiment" and now the next step will be either getting promotion allowed from the Lowland League, or yet again pushing League Two sides to accept them.

If that ever happens, the next step would be preventing the Colt sides from getting relegated down the pyramid, by shutting the door.

Have you just been ignoring the whole Colt situation for the past decade? They've not exactly been shy about what they intend to do.

It's been pretty constant since the start of the SPFL. When 12-12-18 was on the cards and the lower leagues not too keen on the 18 team league, along came the OF offering the Colts to make it 12-12-10-10. Then there's been SPFL3, the two year trial in an expanded SPFL2, including them in last year's reconstruction, this year's attempt at SPFL2, and others that have popped up along the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So it's not for a year because you don't buy it? It's minuted, it's a fact. It's only for a year. Might you buy it now, or does one buy you are hard of thinking?
The Old Firm have been trying to get their Colts in the league setup. You would need to be pretty fucking gullible to believe they are happy to accept a 1 year deal to play in the LL. George Fraser said in the podcast it would be up to the Old Firm if they want to extend it. I'm sure they'll offer another wee paltry sum to get the votes required.

I was really surprised that Berwick voted in favour. It was only a couple of years ago you were playing in the SPFL and the league cup. Now your in a league with a couple of Uni sides, 3 or 4 clubs with no fans and you want to add a couple of boys teams to the mix? The season tickets must be flying out the door.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

The Old Firm have been trying to get their Colts in the league setup. You would need to be pretty fucking gullible to believe they are happy to accept a 1 year deal to play in the LL. George Fraser said in the podcast it would be up to the Old Firm if they want to extend it. I'm sure they'll offer another wee paltry sum to get the votes required.

That's one of the reasons clubs from other leagues have a problem with this one year thing. A majority of clubs in the LL and the SFA have shown they'll bend over backwards for the OF as long as money is in it for them. Why wouldn't it be the same situation the next year when the OF start throwing extra money at it.

The OF have gone to low 6 figures when trying to get into SPFL2 when it was just a "2 year trial" with guaranteed ticket purchases in addition to the buy in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

The last full season there are figures for, St Johnstone's average non-OF home crowd was 3,414. Their average OF home crowd was 6,440. Which means that the 'extra' at OF games accounts for only 12% of their total league attendances. And given that league ticket sales are only a % of the club's total revenue, suggesting that St Johnstone "live off" OF away crowds is ridiculous.

St Johnstone didn't see massively bigger crowds when Celtic visited compared to the likes of Aberdeen, Dundee or Hibs.

and the TV rights of course, and league sponsors, you have  added that to your total? No course not.

 

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Next to none, just now. Does that mean I'm not allowed to say its horrendous and long term damaging for the lower tiers?

I'm 100% convinced this is the first step to them entering the league set up, at which point they'll try and close off the pyramid again. They've tried to bully clubs into it for the best part of a decade.

We built up a bank balance of over £1m when we were in the league below them, m8, and since then have brought in £2m+ from transfers, well over £20m in terms of prize money, and still run at a profit.

"Living off the blue/green pound" is the kind of chat you get from knuckle headed OF fans, but I guess fans of Berwick are now on that side of the fence...

I'm pointing out that the SPL wouldn't be worth shite without them, but you carry on living the dream. No one likes the Old Firm unless you are one of them but it's sheer hypocrisy to come onto this forum and tell other teams they're scabs when you have sponged off them for years. 

Good luck in the cup btw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, dougster said:

and the TV rights of course, and league sponsors, you have  added that to your total? No course not.

They weren't added to the total because you didn't mention them. You said "away supports". TV rights and league sponsorship aren't designated by club.

You're railing against a point nobody is making. Nobody has a problem with clubs playing the actual OF in league or cup competitions or by them making money from doing do. The problem is with colt sides.

I'd be perfectly happy to remove the OF from Scottish football completely fwiw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, dougster said:

and the TV rights of course, and league sponsors, you have  added that to your total? No course not.

Well why would I when you were only talking about the OF support "sustaining" St Johnstone?

Quote

I'm pointing out that the SPL wouldn't be worth shite without them, but you carry on living the dream. No one likes the Old Firm unless you are one of them but it's sheer hypocrisy to come onto this forum and tell other teams they're scabs when you have sponged off them for years. 

Good luck in the cup btw.

The SPL doesn't exist.

St Johnstone would survive without the OF. We never voted them into the league. Your own wee scab club has voted OF Colts into the league system. The two things aren't close to being comparable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Right then  Gretna last game of season v Berwick Rangers? 

Gretna currently bottom need 3 points to stay up. 

Berwick need 3 points to be champions. 

Meanwhile 2nd bottom on goal difference Vale of Leithen last game of season is against Rangers Colts. 

 Bonnyrigg Rose are on the same points as Berwick and are playing  playing Celtic Colts. 

Bonnyrigg and Vales games are now void? 

How is this no impacting the LL ? 

Its giving clubs an advantage/disadvantage and a major baw ache for the fixtures secretary. 

It's an absolute piss take. 

 

Sorry - but i wont continue  to disrupt this thread that is dedicated to Berwick Rangers.

There is a proper thread to discuss the LL colts decision.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well why would I when you were only talking about the OF support "sustaining" St Johnstone?

The SPL doesn't exist.

St Johnstone would survive without the OF. We never voted them into the league. Your own wee scab club has voted OF Colts into the league system. The two things aren't close to being comparable.

survive being the operative word, if you knew anything about it you'd know the vote to let them in or not hasn't taken place yet. Fed up with nosey cnuts like you talking shite now do one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

They weren't added to the total because you didn't mention them. You said "away supports". TV rights and league sponsorship aren't designated by club.

You're railing against a point nobody is making. Nobody has a problem with clubs playing the actual OF in league or cup competitions or by them making money from doing do. The problem is with colt sides.

I'd be perfectly happy to remove the OF from Scottish football completely fwiw.

me too but they're not going anywhere, and if you like them or not, the SPFL need them to survive in its current format.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, dougster said:

me too but they're not going anywhere, and if you like them or not, the SPFL need them to survive in its current format.

There's no doubt the SPFL would lose out on sponsorship and TV money but I don't see any reason that would fundamentally threaten the current format. Clubs would just have to spend less money. Who knows, maybe a genuinely competitive top league would actually generate some interest, replacing some of the revenue lost?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, because the entry in the Challenge Cup was clearly just a route into the pyramid despite "just being a one season experiment", and ever since then jts been a constant push to get into the league system.
They finally found scab clubs willing to allow them in the pyramid "as a one season experiment" and now the next step will be either getting promotion allowed from the Lowland League, or yet again pushing League Two sides to accept them.
If that ever happens, the next step would be preventing the Colt sides from getting relegated down the pyramid, by shutting the door.
Have you just been ignoring the whole Colt situation for the past decade? They've not exactly been shy about what they intend to do.
Look, I don't doubt the strength of your conviction that it's 'a foot in the door mate, but stacked against the fact that's its formally agreed to be one season, you're banging on with no tangible point. Unless they occupy K Park and refuse to leave, they're gone after the season.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Old Firm have been trying to get their Colts in the league setup. You would need to be pretty fucking gullible to believe they are happy to accept a 1 year deal to play in the LL. George Fraser said in the podcast it would be up to the Old Firm if they want to extend it. I'm sure they'll offer another wee paltry sum to get the votes required.

I was really surprised that Berwick voted in favour. It was only a couple of years ago you were playing in the SPFL and the league cup. Now your in a league with a couple of Uni sides, 3 or 4 clubs with no fans and you want to add a couple of boys teams to the mix? The season tickets must be flying out the door.
The argument here is that it's a year. It is. End of. Gie's peace man.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...