BERWICK RANGERS 2021/22

Pugsley

• 3 weeks later...

Berwick have quietly gone on a fantastic run and moved up to 6th place - if only we'd started the season like that. 

New Chairman has boosted the club with some sensible changes off the pitch, and all of our best players have re-signed for next season, with a number of quality signings in the rumour department. 

Just don't mention Stoneyburn. Or indeed any Cup competitions. 

15 hours ago, Redcar said:

Berwick have quietly gone on a fantastic run and moved up to 6th place - if only we'd started the season like that. 

New Chairman has boosted the club with some sensible changes off the pitch, and all of our best players have re-signed for next season, with a number of quality signings in the rumour department. 

Just don't mention Stoneyburn. Or indeed any Cup competitions. 

Never a truer word spoken

And actually a sense of optimism has spread down to Cambridgeshire !!!

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, FifeSons said:

That's a phenomenal run Berwick have put together since January. Shame there's not an extra quarter or so of the season left, could've been right up there.

What changed? Did you make some great signings in the window?

None at all, though we did get a great left back - Blair Sneddon - on loan from Falkirk, and an unlucky run of injuries finally eased up. Also a new Chairman took over a few months ago and whilst that didn't mean a cash injection, he did a number of things that brought more of a feelgood culture around the club. 

Crowds are decent - 421 yesterday I think, with only a few EK fans. That's rather better than we got in the last season in the SPFL.

Possibly the biggest reason for the improvement is that we stuck with the Manager. We were frustratingly crap at times before Xmas, and I was one of several fans who thought we needed a change. I was wrong. It took longer than it should perhaps, but the squad seem to be a happy bunch and a dozen or so are already signed for next season.

Yesterdays win against EK was a joy to watch. 

21 hours ago, Redcar said:

None at all, though we did get a great left back - Blair Sneddon - on loan from Falkirk, and an unlucky run of injuries finally eased up. Also a new Chairman took over a few months ago and whilst that didn't mean a cash injection, he did a number of things that brought more of a feelgood culture around the club. 

Crowds are decent - 421 yesterday I think, with only a few EK fans. That's rather better than we got in the last season in the SPFL.

Possibly the biggest reason for the improvement is that we stuck with the Manager. We were frustratingly crap at times before Xmas, and I was one of several fans who thought we needed a change. I was wrong. It took longer than it should perhaps, but the squad seem to be a happy bunch and a dozen or so are already signed for next season.

Yesterdays win against EK was a joy to watch. 

Fair play, that’s not much less than we get these days.

I’d like to see the old SFL clubs do well - probably cause we’ll be through the trapdoor very soon, ourselves.

Good luck for next season.

Dumped out of another cup at the earliest possible opportunity.  Cowden were the best team and won without having to try very hard. Some  experienced players (Allan, Harris, Taylor) looked like their minds were on a beach in Spain.

And you'd go a long way to witness a performance of such breathtaking ineptitude dished up by Lewis Baker yesterday. And his brother - who has just signed a new contract - was little better. Took me right back to the talentless shambles that Johnny Harvey thought was worth a £10 entry fee. 

Having said that, the season as a whole has been pretty good, after a mediocre start. We have some great players signed for next season, but need some cover at the back, experience in midfield and a striker to partner Liam Buchanan. 

Apart from yesterday (and every other cup we've fizzled out of) well done to the wee 'gers. See you in July!

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, silkybeath said:

He is decent but nothing special, although certainly an upgrade on Pyper.

Rates himself at a higher standard than he is. Will see Berwick as a stepping stone to the big time.

He left us to get back into full time has since been at Elgin , Tranent and now Berwick not going to plan.

• 3 weeks later...