BERWICK RANGERS 2021/22

Pugsley

2 hours ago, Eddie_Plank said:

So what's fans thoughts on the Current boardroom position.

Is that two years they have been in place now. Certainly, on the pitch the club doesn't appear to have made any real progress during their reign. If anything this season, things look to be going backwards not forwards. Some poor exits from the cups at the hands of opposition from lower divisions and another season of league mediocrity. 

Are things looking any better off the park?

If you'd asked a few weeks ago, I'd have said that the Boardroom position is much healthier than a couple of years ago.

Financially we coped well during Covid. Fundraising was impressive with new sponsorships, match day hospitality regularly sold out, and supporter engagement on the up. The playing budget this season was pretty good. All seemed well upstairs. 

Since then though, the Vice-chair has resigned, the Chairman will probably follow him at the end of the season and the new Director who was inspirational during the Covid shutdown has all but vanished. 

We will be left soon with a very inexperienced Boardroom. 

I was pleased with a number of this year's signings and there have been a few impressive displays. Unfortunately, there have been increasingly frequent displays of pure horseshit. Personally, I don't think the crumbling Boardroom has yet had anything to do with recent results. These players should not be giving away comedy goals and losing in such a feeble way that you can see in those highlights. They are better than that, and several fireworks need setting off in the dressing room. 

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Has Miller Fenton been playing? And if so to any standard? 

He has played left back regularly but only because our only signed left back proved to be shite and was farmed out on loan.

Fenton rates no more than 5 out of 10 in my opinion. Some half decent displays but usually fairly anonymous.

On 14/10/2022 at 21:56, Redcar said:

I think Antell, Ferguson, Anderson, Nelson, Pyper, Travis, Sinclair, Stevenson, Sabatini, Barr, and Buchanan are good enough to be in a team at the very top of this league. 

Unfortunately, they keep playing like they have just met each other.

Christ, I know they are on the wrong side of 30 but surely Buchanan, Stevenson, Scobbie and Anderson are still more than good enough to play in League 2 at least? Although I will admit to not having seen them in a year or 2. And surely Antell hasn't regressed that much, if at all since his Edinburgh days when he was one of the best Part Time Goalkeepers in Scotland?

22 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Christ, I know they are on the wrong side of 30 but surely Buchanan, Stevenson, Scobbie and Anderson are still more than good enough to play in League 2 at least? Although I will admit to not having seen them in a year or 2. And surely Antell hasn't regressed that much, if at all since his Edinburgh days when he was one of the best Part Time Goalkeepers in Scotland?

I thought Antell was at his best when Jim McQueen was coaching him. 

Written on behalf of the Jim McQueen Employment Charity (not really!)

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Antell and Buchanan have been good. No blame for our crap performances attached to them. Anderson got badly injured in August and is unlikely to play again this season. 

Scobbie was never meant to play much this season - he is on the coaching side now 

Stevenson missed a few weeks with injury, but he is back now. With himself, Sinclair and Travis in the side we should be a lot more solid, though we hugely miss our best player - Ferguson - who had his cheekbone rearranged at Linlihgow.

Buchanan aside, we are particularly crap up front and look increasingly disinterested elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Back post Willie said:

Just a little prediction for everyone I think our board of directors will be more or less walking on mass at the end of the season if not before. Have a hunch who will be drafted in to chairman’s seat and if everyone thinks it’s bad just now, just wait 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Does Eric Tait still go to the games?

Is he on the board?

On 17/10/2022 at 13:51, sammyreidloyal said:

I can see us losing to the Rangers B lot heavily, Hearts all over again. However the week later is the game that will define this season. If we carry on in this vein the resurgent Beasts will turn us over at an empty home stadium. And that, would just sum up Malcolm’s tenure.

No surprise today, whatsoever. I won’t be dwelling too much on this one, however the truth is today is another three goal to nil mauling however we played. Fine playing well ( keeping the score to nil is now playing well apparently) but we again miss chances and go home with our head in a basket. 
Someone  mentioned on fb some of the players contracts. How on earth have some of these players been given two years? Shouldn’t be happening. Not at this level, without proving what they are about. 

53 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Thanks I'm sure he was doing OPTA stats at other grounds for a wee while. 

Always got something to say Eric, surprised he isn't on the board. 

He's been on the Board, but isn't any longer. Still a huge fan though. Gave me a lift up to Berwick when the train drivers were on strike. 

Still does OPTA stats, often at Annan. 

21 hours ago, Back post Willie said:

Just a little prediction for everyone I think our board of directors will be more or less walking on mass at the end of the season if not before. Have a hunch who will be drafted in to chairman’s seat and if everyone thinks it’s bad just now, just wait 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Pointless post. If you've got any info to back this up, just tell us who your hunch is. Otherwise we might as well just treat it as a wind up. 

3 hours ago, Back post Willie said:

Treat it how you want Redcar I personally don’t give a shit, just have to wait and see, and no I won’t be commenting any further on it as have no hard info, like I said it’s a hunch which will remain with me.

The point of the post was be carful what you wish for really as we’ve been here before.

I had a hunch too !!! We would be pushing for promotion this season, guess what ?? .......................................................

Edited by berwicksfinest