BERWICK RANGERS 2021/22

Pugsley

14 hours ago, mo83 said:

BTU look after Martin Rennie please you have him on loan from us MergeAngus Fc.We are trying to help you out and get you back to L2 where you belong, so thank us later. 

but don't hold your breath, he's been murder for us for at least 2 seasons and did nothing at St.Pats either.  Maybe a stint in the Lowland League and some goals will give him confidence that he's been sorely lacking

14 hours ago, mo83 said:

BTU look after Martin Rennie please you have him on loan from us MergeAngus Fc.We are trying to help you out and get you back to L2 where you belong, so thank us later. 

I always loved you lot, great/massive club with a great bunch of fans.

18 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

but don't hold your breath, he's been murder for us for at least 2 seasons and did nothing at St.Pats either.  Maybe a stint in the Lowland League and some goals will give him confidence that he's been sorely lacking

last year was evidence that people called Martin Rennie can't handle League One

23 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

I always loved you lot, great/massive club with a great bunch of fans.

Likewise BTU always like to look out for our friends in Northumberland.

Well, Rennie didn’t do much tonight but was in the company of quite a few invisible men. He didn’t get much of chance with the ghost that was Lewis Baker standing still beside him. What SM thought in leaving LB on so long can only be because Heeps has an injury. Which asks a bigger question, why are we so short of players this early?

I was also at Tranent this evening. Berwick were fortunate that they only lost by a single goal. Antell saved a pen and had a few other decent stops, while he was fortunate with the free kick off the bar.

There were periods that Berwick did manage to put some pressure on the home defence and won a few corners, but that was it. Mason had little to do in the Tranent goal and the most obvious issue was their inability to create shooting opportunities.

A decent crowd of 547 there.

11 hours ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Well, Rennie didn’t do much tonight but was in the company of quite a few invisible men. He didn’t get much of chance with the ghost that was Lewis Baker standing still beside him. What SM thought in leaving LB on so long can only be because Heeps has an injury. Which asks a bigger question, why are we so short of players this early?

Ronnie will ghost most games but always manages to chip in with goals.

49 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Another good win for kilby tonight, that was a tricky start to the season but 4 wins out of 5 is good going.

A lot of good play tonight and things are starting to gel with the team.

Celtic had a fair share of the play but just didn't have anything up front.

Thanks for this, but what had it got to do with Berwick Rangers? 😂😂

On 06/08/2022 at 21:45, fanfromafar said:

Another defeat again today, what’s going on?

Good question. Official line is to share the frustration but reflect on a remarkable number of early season injuries, and insist/hope that once a few players are back from the Doctors, things will improve big style. 

Some fans reflect that, others point at a number of strange management decisions (selections and subs), and some just question the quality of the players. Words such as 'dire' 'garbage' 'pathetic' and 'spineless' have been used, whilst others point out that the league is stronger and we should all remember (quite right, too) that the club was heading for oblivion till the current board took over.

There's been dummy spitting (including from me) and patronising superiority in equal measure on the fans page. 

It is already a bizarre season. A hammering, a fabulous victory over Celtic and a stomach wrenching capitulation on Saturday. 

Where we go from here? No idea mate, but in my opinion the squad is a lot stronger than last year's.

The recent shenanigans with keyboard warriors has perhaps dissuaded me from saying to much on here, I have after all only been to one game this season. Probably more than some others.  I had intended to go to the Stirling game but in solidarity with my train striking brothers( I had no choice)I cannot. However  I will keep up to date via Twitter’s highs and lows. No doubt followed by of ‘ best team ever’ if we win or ‘ Malcolm begone’ should we succumb to a Pyper back pass or another abysmal offside. And here’s the thing. We are Berwick.

Maybe we should be old enough and used to the fact it’s always like this. Polar views, factional on both terrace and upstairs, logistically difficult to attain players who can now play for clubs half an hour from Edinburgh in the same league for the same money. Great for expecting the unexpected but like a relationship with a volatile ex can twist you up and leave you bitter and twisted. All the while knowing you just can’t let go. 
Anyway, I’m expecting the ex around three o’clock. I know I should just not answer but I’m fickle. Wish us/me luck.

7BDDEB1E-3152-4B6F-BC5B-CB414C8ABFDF.jpeg

Dreadful.

That must contend as our worst cup defeat of all time; certainly in living memory. Stoneyburn are sat 4 tiers and 60 places below us in the league system. Hawick under Coughlin has been mentioned - and true it was at home in Scottish Cup - but they were only actually 1 level below.

Horrific result and the performance wasn't much better. Granted their winner had a serious look of offside to it; but just a few minutes later they were denied a free kick which came down off the bar with a serious look of having crossed the line.

Berwick were so one dimensional and coasted along trying same build-up play all the time: for example their left CB clearly has no fear of a buffet, yet we never seemed to try and stretch him on the turn, or over the top. Despite triple substitution there was no real 'kick', and so the clock running down almost came as a shock, with the kitchen sink only (unsuccessfully) thrown at it far too late.

We'd about 4 changes - rested a few plus Heeps returned - but still no excuse. Plus after subs it was nearing our strongest XI at the moment.

Most worrying was the lack of real effort from some players. Manager spent most of 1st and much of 2nd half roaring and ranting at them but it seemed like water off ducks backs. It felt like many were too relaxed (or indifferent), and it was also noticeable that some players who were showing particular haste in pushing for a late equaliser were getting frustrated at their team-mates apparent inability to stop 'plodding along'.

Most hilarious is any suggestion this was down to the Fulshie catching us jaded. We have both played 6 league games: but their season started a week after ours. They played on Wednesday which was the latest of 3 consecutive midweek games, whereas Berwick haven't played a midweek game since August 2nd. If anybody could claim fatigue it would have been the hosts, but their defence worked manfully all game, and their attack did their best at relieving pressure with counters at every opportunity.

Victory can be in no way begrudged - well done to Stoneyburn.

Terrible.