BERWICK RANGERS 2021/22

Pugsley

5 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Its a very average Shire team, nothing like the quality of players we've had the past few years so I wouldn't get too carried away. Your other results haven't exactly been eyecatching either. Its probably the worst quality the league has been in a few years and I dont think it'll take much winning. Once EK get their act together they'll stroll it then behind them theres probably about 7-9 teams that could finish anywhere between second and tenth if you discount the B teams

I'm not so sure....Vitoria and Erskine both off injured in the first 30 minutes.  Final score 1-1 but Caledonia Braves had plenty of good chances.

SHIRE HAVING GREAT PROBLEMS IN SCORING IN " OPEN " PLAY SO FAR THIS SEASON. DOES NOT HELP THAT THE METALWORK HAS ALSO BEEN AGAINST SHIRE IN FRONT OF GOAL. MUST BE BE AROUND 10 TIMES IN ALL GANES THE POST OR CROSSBAR HAS BEEN HIT BY SHIRE & NONE HAVE GONE IN !! BERWICK WANTED IT MORE LAST NIGHT & PROBABLY JUST SHADED IT OVER THE 95 MINUTES . 

I enjoyed the game on Tuesday night despite the pish referee. It was entertaining end to end stuff with Berwick playing the better futty overall.

Well done the dreamteam, let's keep the momentum going with a good away win at Gala on Saturday. 🤞

Dalbeattie should have been down to 10 after 40 minutes, when one of our defenders was launched well away from the ball. Fortunately for him, the linesman had nodded off again.

Looked like kicking off again at the end when their No.7 lost the plot after some persistent baiting from the Ducket.

Great game. Loved it!

On 09/08/2021 at 17:15, sammyreidloyal said:

Did you think Dalbeatie were any better than Caley or Gretna?

Hard to tell with Braves, as that day was stupidly hot and Braves played with 10 men for 45 minutes.

I thought Gretna worked harder and were better organised than DS, but DS had 2 or 3 players - purely on ability - who would walk into the Gretna team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely bossed the 2nd half last night at Broomhill, and have now won 3 on the bounce for the first time in over 5 years.

We were pretty crap in the first half though and need to start playing for more than half the game. Some key players still missing and though we aren't hammering anyone, we are in the mix. After years of rubbish, that feels amazing and I'm not sure I can cope. 

East Kilbride on Saturday will be a big test - probably for both teams.

We wuz robbed.

OK, we weren't really, East Kilbride will justifiably say they were worth all 3 points, but it was very close. 

Berwick made a couple more costly mistakes than EK, and that was about it. We hit the post, battered them at the end even with 10 men, and scored 2 crackers.

Fabulous atmosphere, and a pleasure to watch. Probably a bit of extra experience nicked it in the end. 

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

We wuz robbed.

OK, we weren't really, East Kilbride will justifiably say they were worth all 3 points, but it was very close. 

Berwick made a couple more costly mistakes than EK, and that was about it. We hit the post, battered them at the end even with 10 men, and scored 2 crackers.

Fabulous atmosphere, and a pleasure to watch. Probably a bit of extra experience nicked it in the end. 

Proper Game of football yesterday and great atmosphere. Error on the stroke of half time certainly took away any momentum Berwick had. EK had the know how to see the game out that’s for sure.

Two sides who will only improve moving forward.

Great result against Colts. A tricky side on the break, with lots of pace and determination, but Berwick stuck to it, came away with 5 more goals in the bag and are sitting pretty in 4th place in the table.

I agree 100% with Graham Taylor being awarded Man of the Match.

Well done to all at the Club!

2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

How is Kieran McGrath doing for you guys?

Jury is out. 

Some think he doesn't contribute a lot, but I reckon he has added a bit of sharpness and movement to our attack. Gaffer seems to like him too. Early days, but 6.5/10 so far. 

•