BERWICK RANGERS 2021/22

Pugsley

9 hours ago, come on shire said:

As a Shire fan I'd have preferred a Sat game away to Berwick.

Not to worry though, I'm taking the Mon, Tue and Wed off work to make a long weekend of it.

Head down on the Monday morning and visit Lindisfarne for the day, then through the day on the Tue visit Seahouses then the game at night.  Home Wed morning.

I hear there's a frequent bus service through the day to Lindisfarne from/to Berwick?

Er, not exactly frequent......

On the Monday you want to go, Bus A and C run on the following timetable. (Download the pdf) So you will have to get to Berwick early.

https://www.bordersbuses.co.uk/services/BORD/477

Edited by Redcar

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Thought we beat East Fife 2-0? First time for a while we have had a, so far, reasonable pre-season

I just checked Stu Malcolm's interview after Dundee United, and he said we won 2-0 at East Fife. But this is from an email I got from the Club.

Take your pick. 

"There is growing momentum in the squad following a 1-1 draw in a behind closed doors game, on Saturday, away to East Fife. Calum Smith who got The 'Gers goal will be looking to continue his goal scoring form which has him with two in two in warm up games under the new boss"

39 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Popping in to inquire how Lewis Allan has been doing?

Some touches of real quality last year, but some fairly anonymous stuff too.

I'm told he looks much fitter and stronger this year, so hoping for him to be a big player for us.

His own coaching school appears to be going well, too. 

facebook_1625243010762_6816763261012012821.jpg

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Some touches of real quality last year, but some fairly anonymous stuff too.

I'm told he looks much fitter and stronger this year, so hoping for him to be a big player for us.

His own coaching school appears to be going well, too. 

facebook_1625243010762_6816763261012012821.jpg

Brilliant to hear, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Berwick beat Workington AFC on Saturday. (Won 4 and drew 1 of 5 pre-season friendlies)

Workington are a really decent side, even with a few players missing. (Berwick had key players missing too)

Berwick are a much better side than last season, and so much better than the team that got relegated. 

Solid start to the season for Berwick yesterday. For the first hour they were simply streets ahead of the Braves. They then got caught not knowing whether to stick or twist and lost impetus. Overall though they played well and were attractive to watch as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Pompey Blue said:

Whisper it quietly but Berwick look a good outfit this season. 👍🏼

Its a very average Shire team, nothing like the quality of players we've had the past few years so I wouldn't get too carried away. Your other results haven't exactly been eyecatching either. Its probably the worst quality the league has been in a few years and I dont think it'll take much winning. Once EK get their act together they'll stroll it then behind them theres probably about 7-9 teams that could finish anywhere between second and tenth if you discount the B teams