BERWICK RANGERS 2021/22

Pugsley

After the scenes in Glasgow yesterday I hope you and all the other scab clubs get liquidated at some point during the season.

Imagine voting to allow that to turn up at your door.

After the scenes in Glasgow yesterday I hope you and all the other scab clubs get liquidated at some point during the season.
So on one hand, SLFL clubs are deluded if they think they'll see increased turnstyle revenue, and now they'll be deluged by hundreds of thugs.

You are seeing words I didnt say.

Clearly there wont be hundreds but thats still the level of puddle drinker that your club has decided to suck the boaby of.

You are seeing words I didnt say.
Clearly there wont be hundreds but thats still the level of puddle drinker that your club has decided to suck the boaby of.
What a strange analogy, clearly one that's quite literal for you. Each to their own.

23 minutes ago, A Believer said:
31 minutes ago, drs said:

So on one hand, SLFL clubs are deluded if they think they'll see increased turnstyle revenue, and now they'll be deluged by hundreds of thugs.

Its the two colt firm derbies that have the most potential for media hype to rile up their fanbases and lead to negative attention in the aftermath. 

8 hours ago, Pugsley said:

Let us start afresh and move forward with poisitivity for the new season ahead, with new challenges to face and hopefully a return to fans in the stadium as soon as possible. 👍

Didn't think it was safe to come out from under the covers yet.... 

3 or 4 decent signings required to make us top 6 possibles. Centre-half, left back, winger, striker. There is some decent money in the kitty (I think). Guess that if we are looking for SPFL experience, lots of players will now be weighing up their options.

First match with a crowd is a Hearts friendly, last Friday in June, then 2 home friendlies against English non-league sides the following 2 Saturdays. 

As for the OF colts issue, I voted against but don't think it is the Armageddon alluded to on the other threads. Really not happy with the Ill feeling towards us though after over a year of positivity off the field . The Board needs to address that whatever happens in the Zoom meeting on Wednesday.

22/23 season is another matter and I hope the strength of feeling can be harnessed to push once again for reconstruction and a more fluid pyramid. 

(Off back under the duvet now)

14 minutes ago, Redcar said:

22/23 season is another matter and I hope the strength of feeling can be harnessed to push once again for reconstruction and a more fluid pyramid. 

I wouldn't hold your breath on SPFL clubs opening up the pyramid to a bunch of craven Colt-backing outfits any time soon. You've blown it. 

Hopefully a shite season awaits for the king scabs of Scottish football.

It wasn't worth it and it never will be.

Do you mind if I ask what impact the colts potentially being in SLFL has on St Johnstone? Entitled to spread random bile of course, just wondered why?

21 hours ago, A Believer said:
21 hours ago, drs said:

I'm sure you'll appreciate the potential  problem. The black-jacketed Bolton / Gateshead / Larkhall branch of either  mob decide on a drunken day out and take advantage of your volunteer stewards and make utter cants of themselves. 

Do you mind if I ask what impact the colts potentially being in SLFL has on St Johnstone? Entitled to spread random bile of course, just wondered why?
The Old Firm have been trying for years to get their Colts in the SPFL setup and it's been rejected time and again by the SPFL clubs.

The LL given them a foot in the door one level below the SPFL has got everyone livid.

Once they are in the pyramid setup it is going to be much more difficult to dislodge them. I don't buy into it only being for 1 year, they haven't been trying to get in for years just to accept a 1 year trial. They want their Colts in the Championship not the LL.

There are other reserve teams in the current pyramid but they are stuck in the bottom tier of their region and can't progress any higher. The Old Firm Colts jumping in at tier 5 especially when there is so many teams in tier 6 waiting to get in has also pissed everyone off.

I'm surprised any club keen to get promoted to the SPFL is in favour of it as they must realise it will harm their chances of getting any more promotion/relegation to the SPFL.

35 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

The Old Firm have been trying for years to get their Colts in the SPFL setup and it's been rejected time and again by the SPFL clubs.

The LL given them a foot in the door one level below the SPFL has got everyone livid.

Once they are in the pyramid setup it is going to be much more difficult to dislodge them. I don't buy into it only being for 1 year, they haven't been trying to get in for years just to accept a 1 year trial. They want their Colts in the Championship not the LL.

There are other reserve teams in the current pyramid but they are stuck in the bottom tier of their region and can't progress any higher. The Old Firm Colts jumping in at tier 5 especially when there is so many teams in tier 6 waiting to get in has also pissed everyone off.

I'm surprised any club keen to get promoted to the SPFL is in favour of it as they must realise it will harm their chances of getting any more promotion/relegation to the SPFL.

I can well understand your concern regarding the 'foot in the door' as your describe. 

The LL clubs have voted to allow them in for this season only - nothing more. Nobody knows how any subsequent vote might turn out. Who knows wot evidence will come from this experiment.

It appears from this experiment that the old firm will be neither promoted nor relegated so i fail to see how that will impact on the chances of the rest of the LL clubs. 

As for the possibility of the old firm colts progressing further up the pyramid - do you really think the LL has so much influence that they alone can make that happen ??

I can well understand your concern regarding the 'foot in the door' as your describe. 
The LL clubs have voted to allow them in for this season only - nothing more. Nobody knows how any subsequent vote might turn out. Who knows wot evidence will come from this experiment.
It appears from this experiment that the old firm will be neither promoted nor relegated so i fail to see how that will impact on the chances of the rest of the LL clubs. 
As for the possibility of the old firm colts progressing further up the pyramid - do you really think the LL has so much influence that they alone can make that happen ??

What assurances do the LL have that a team finishing 2nd or 3rd will eligible for the promotion play offs?

When Stranraer Reserves won the 18/19 SoS league there was no team in the LL promotion play off.

If the Old Firm Colts do continue to be in the LL beyond one season then it will negatively impact any chances of increasing the relegation/promotion from/to SPFL2.

23 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye and you sanctimonious bar stewards have lived off their away support for years, when you ban their fans from the farm, come back and tell us what to do

22 hours ago, A Believer said:

Next to none, just now. Does that mean I'm not allowed to say its horrendous and long term damaging for the lower tiers?

I'm 100% convinced this is the first step to them entering the league set up, at which point they'll try and close off the pyramid again. They've tried to bully clubs into it for the best part of a decade.

21 minutes ago, dougster said:

Aye and you sanctimonious bar stewards have lived off their away support for years, when you ban their fans from the farm, come back and tell us what to do

We built up a bank balance of over £1m when we were in the league below them, m8, and since then have brought in £2m+ from transfers, well over £20m in terms of prize money, and still run at a profit.

"Living off the blue/green pound" is the kind of chat you get from knuckle headed OF fans, but I guess fans of Berwick are now on that side of the fence...

1 hour ago, dougster said:

The last full season there are figures for, St Johnstone's average non-OF home crowd was 3,414. Their average OF home crowd was 6,440. Which means that the 'extra' at OF games accounts for only 12% of their total league attendances. And given that league ticket sales are only a % of the club's total revenue, suggesting that St Johnstone "live off" OF away crowds is ridiculous.

St Johnstone didn't see massively bigger crowds when Celtic visited compared to the likes of Aberdeen, Dundee or Hibs.

Edited by Gordon EF

So it's not for a year because you don't buy it? It's minuted, it's a fact. It's only for a year. Might you buy it now, or does one buy you are hard of thinking?