Bear on Bear action

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

I may regret asking, but how on earth does a Loving Cup ceremony, a picture of The Queen and armed forces day contribute to Rangers fans fighting with each other?

The club needs to maintain its appeal to certain demographics. This is unarguable. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Stormzy said:

Well if you read @Fratellis post it's obvious some people did go just for a good day out and then left when things turned sour. That's their decision, if i was local to Glasgow j probably would've went but not stayed too long. 

As to the second part. Save the made up stories for your Facebook/diary. 

Merely reporting facts.

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

Do you think the guy on the right is English? It's about the only reason I can think of for wearing an English football top on a night out.

Like much of Celtgers culture, it might get it right up someone, and that's all that matters.

You know, like how you guys fly Israel/Palestine flegs (whichever, it doesn't really matter so long as it's the opposite to the one someone else is abusing for trivial purposes).

15 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

All joking aside, and there's plenty of that to be had, but this divvy here as already posted must be looking at a hefty charge for that. 

Screenshot_20210516-014210_WhatsApp.jpg

Bitter Orange flavour?

40+ years ago (in fact more like 30+), your club was intentionally and deliberately practicing anti-catholic racism.
Not according to the rangers fans on here they never, it was just a coincidence

2 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

That equivalence doesn't really work when you consider that A) I wouldnt be aware of the use of child/slave labour and B) haven't continued purchasing the clothes with that knowledge.

The point here is choice. It's your choice to continue in an association with people who are openly and frequently bigoted. It's your choice to be a part of a fan culture which has sections that are bigoted. "Condoning" is one shade too strong, but every single Rangers fan is either a bigot, or is OK with turning a blind eye to bigotry in order to continue supporting their team.

Okay, so what you are saying is that while you accept that some clothes you buy likely would’ve been made via child/slave labour, you buy clothes for a different reason that is unrelated to child/slave labour?

So, while I accept that there are bigots within the Rangers support, I go and support Rangers as a team (not the bigots that are also there supporting them) for reasons that are unrelated to bigotry or sectarianism. You see how that works?

10 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Well if you read @Fratellis post it's obvious some people did go just for a good day out and then left when things turned sour. That's their decision, if i was local to Glasgow j probably would've went but not stayed too long. 

As to the second part. Save the made up stories for your Facebook/diary. 

If you went along yesterday you were already fully aware of how the evening would pan out because everyone was aware of how the evening would pan out because history tells us when you are congregated en masse this shit inevitably happens.

So anyone going along yesterday helped create an environment which would allow this to happen and they already knew that when it kicked off they would do f**k all about it. 

These people went away which speaks volumes

10 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Ridiculous. Explain to me how I am condoning ‘anti-Catholic racism ‘ by supporting a football team for 40+years? 

You’re at best turning a blind eye to it.

Personally I would never associate with openly hate filled people. I wouldn’t go to an Alt-Right March and I wouldn’t sit at Ibrox listening to sectarian songs.

1 minute ago, ALOREBURNE said:

8E911269-5772-44B5-B036-B428A0BD562D.jpeg

Sadly that does seem to be the message on social media.

Now to be fair, social media does tend to highlight the most moronic of empty vessels, but the accusation that somehow the SNP were punishing them - under the pretence of the broad support for the union amongst their support - seems somewhat lacking in logic. Not only was it the police and nothing to do with the SNP, or Sturgeon albeit she has commented on it, the police more or less gave Rangers fans carte blanche to congregate in the centre of the city during a time of a covid spike

6 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The shop round the corner from me still sells glass bottles. Hope for whoevers sake it was plastic.Are you disappointed or relieved? They can cater for all your fetish needs. Here is some bear bum action with some water sport thrown in. 20210516_104443.jpeg

The final of the Govan and District, amateur ladies, synchronised pishing event, is a bit of an anticlimax. 

Edited by qos_75

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

So are you happy to condone that behaviour?

I condone arsehole neds that act like arsehole neds. Not the fans that went and celebrated sensibly...I don't really feel the need to but considering you've directly asked. I went to T in the Park when someone killed someone else with a hammer and nobody asked me to condemn that still. 

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If you went along yesterday you were already fully aware of how the evening would pan out because everyone was aware of how the evening would pan out because history tells us when you are congregated en masse this shit inevitably happens.

So anyone going along yesterday helped create an environment which would allow this to happen and they already knew that when it kicked off they would do f**k all about it. 

These people went away which speaks volumes

So people should just not drink alcohol at large events because they're contributing to an en masse gathering? Avoid any situation where arsehole neds could cause trouble? 

I generally do that tbf but I'm a boring b*****d.

Edited by Stormzy

21 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I dare say if none of the other stuff had happened there wouldn't be such twisted knickers on here or anywhere else about thousands of people singing. 

Do you really see no connection between the singing and the "other stuff"?

I think you're genuinely missing an important point here.

6 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The shop round the corner from me still sells glass bottles. Hope for whoevers sake it was plastic.Are you disappointed or relieved? They can cater for all your fetish needs. Here is some bear bum action with some water sport thrown in. 20210516_104443.jpeg

Seeing who can pish the highest is not for girls.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Do you really see no connection between the singing and the "other stuff"?

I think you're genuinely missing an important point here.

I think if you removed sectarian songs from our fanbase then we would still have a sectarian issue which sadly afflicts people across the United Kingdom. The societal reasons behind why sectarianism exists within the Glasgow football clubs goes far beyond the words in the songs and would undoubtedly be extremely prelavant even without said songs. The violence and drunken civil disobedience is definitely a separate issue. 

I don't sing them anymore myself and don't mind fans steering others away from doing so. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

I think if you removed sectarian songs from our fanbase then we would still have a sectarian issue which sadly afflicts people across the United Kingdom.

Having lived all around this "fair and pleasant land" and while there is racism, bigotry and hatred the length and breadth of the country. Christian sectarianism is only really evident in the West coast of Scotland (and NI, of course). It's not a UK wide issue, it's a very specific and very localised one.