Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You're probably not wrong, but the depiction of "young boys letting off steam" is one I'm almost certain you wouldn't apply to other forms of prejudice.

Genuine question:  why does it fit when the minority being targeted is Catholic?

I would if it's the case of singing their chosen football clubs "naughty" songs. If it's a bunch of lads shouting some racist or homophobic stuff it's obviously different factors than the west coast sectarian thing. I do think I'm consistent with this sentiment, feel free to point to an example where I wouldn't have the same opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Hey there you with the pyro...

Where did your hand go? 

You blew it up.....

Watching the slowed down zoomed in version you need to change that to "where did your fingers go, you blew them off".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

By 'at what point', I mean 'what age'. But this miscommunication has just revealed to everyone that you set the bar for bigotry so high that anything short of actual physical violence wasn't real sectarianism in your book. No wonder we can't get any traction persuading you that there's a problem when you're okay with more or less anything short of knifing a catholic in a back alley in Belfast.

Unlike you, however, some of your Rangers compatriots do take umbrage at 'bigoted language' and call people out for being bigots when they thinks they're using it . Like this guy (although there may be some dispute about the meaning of the word in question):

Great misrepresentation of my stance but still keep waffling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IIRC correctly Wod singing " You're in my heart , etc , whatever " caused trouble at some of his concerts

and when Elton John expressed support for Neil Lennon that did not go down to well either !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Great misrepresentation of my stance but still keep waffling.

I'm only going by what you said - which was that it wasn't 'genuine sectarianism' until people 'harm others'. Your words seem fairly clear. If they don't represent your actual stance, consider using words that reflect whatever your stance is, this week - your opinion on sectarianism evidently changes depending on whether you're wanting to accuse others of sectarianism or want to defend your side from accusations of sectarianism.

Edited by Aim Here
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I don't think we ever got an answer from Stormzy about why he called Patrick Harvie a "freak". I can't see why he wouldn't just admit he's a homophobe since the mods have always been fine with that.

f**k up with that disgraceful patter. I'm nowhere near homophobic you cretin. 

For context someone else called Patrick Harvie a freak and then someone else wrongly accused them of being homophobic for doing so and I reasonably pointed out you can call Patrick Harvie a freak without being aware of his sexual preference which was the case at the time for that poster. 

I've literally called out homophobia on this platform before, this is probably the closest I've actually been to actually being "raging" on here. Such a scummy thing to try and do unprovoked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stormzy said:

I've literally called out homophobia on this platform before, this is probably the closest I've actually been to actually being "raging" on here. Such a scummy thing to try and do unprovoked. 

Are you sure it was genuine homophobia and not just some 'daft young boys letting off steam'?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I had a ST last two years we wong the league. I didn't renew when I turned 18 and that was the admin season. 

So you've never had a season ticket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4) Stop plastering all merchandise with union jacks. Obviously the flag itself isn't bigoted, but the reason it is so prominent is. Same with certain tunes that they play at Ibrox.
Ideal scenes for Independence folk this weekend. You've got folk plastered in Union flags kicking lumps out of each other. 'Loyalists' doing in other 'loyalists'. Free propaganda. Ruining it for themselves, only a matter of time before their marches are banned now.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Insaintee said:

So you've never had a season ticket.

I've never had a sevco season ticket no if that's what you're whole joke was. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

A lot to take in there. Kind of like a renaissance painting.

He is the inspiration for a new statue to commemorate the 55, outside Ibrox next season.

 

 

B406F04A-83FB-4F10-988C-D68038CC0B80.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

f**k up with that disgraceful patter. I'm nowhere near homophobic you cretin. 

For context someone else called Patrick Harvie a freak and then someone else wrongly accused them of being homophobic for doing so and I reasonably pointed out you can call Patrick Harvie a freak without being aware of his sexual preference which was the case at the time for that poster. 

I've literally called out homophobia on this platform before, this is probably the closest I've actually been to actually being "raging" on here. Such a scummy thing to try and do unprovoked. 

OOPS I think this is called Ablisim. You really cant use these terms any more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

I think it's from the song that Primal Scream and Irvine Welsh did for Euro 96.

Do Bobby and Irvine live here these days ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Don't think anything sectarian tbf, not too familiar with their songs. 

So the Sevco fans chanted a sectarian ditty and the Celtic section didn’t, but maybe this was because you are not aware of Celtics songbook of sectarian chants against Protestants and Rangers* fans?

Presumably as a former season ticket holder youve been to an Old Firm game before and, perhaps, even read the internet in the past 10 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I've never had a sevco season ticket no if that's what you're whole joke was. 

Wait... what?  no season ticket for ten years. Stanch eh 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

 If it's a bunch of lads shouting some racist or homophobic stuff it's obviously different factors than the west coast sectarian thing. 

This is a problematic position - you must see that?

Would a southern redneck racist thing be similarly available for such dismissive treatment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

So the Sevco fans chanted a sectarian ditty and the Celtic section didn’t, but maybe this was because you are not aware of Celtics songbook of sectarian chants against Protestants and Rangers* fans?

Presumably as a former season ticket holder youve been to an Old Firm game before and, perhaps, even read the internet in the past 10 years.

Perhaps you're more familiar than celtcs sectarian songs than I am. I've been to a few Old Firms and read the internet but haven't particularly been fussed about whatever sectarian songs celtc fans sing. The fact you're questioning any of this is just strange tbh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

This is a problematic position - you must see that?

Would a southern redneck racist thing be similarly available for such dismissive treatment?

I dont think I've been dismissive. I've said I dont think it factors in as highly as other factors and the resident school yard morons have went mental and started accusing me of being homophobic, I know you're familiar with these sort of ridiculous juvenile tactics so I appreciate the well intended good faith discussion but I'm logging off for the night and I'm not particularly fussed to continue this discussion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I had a ST last two years we wong the league. I didn't renew when I turned 18 and that was the admin season. 

So you let them die then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...