Bear on Bear action

5 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Unless they only expected 5 other bears to turn up then they are still arseholes for deliberately breaking the rules on gathering at a time when Glasgow is already behind the rest of the country. Is it really that hard to just crack a beer at home and raise a glass to a great season on the pitch? Why the need to meet up other than to be deliberately provocative?

Exactly, what was the need for another gathering. I don't agree with mass gatherings under the current climate but I could have understood if they done it once. 

Liverpool won the league for the 1st time in 30 yrs and gathered at their stadium once. 

Leeds won the league and promotion for the 1st time in 16yrs and gathered once, again only at their stadium. 

None of these gatherings led to riots or marches through the city. They had the sense to contain it to there stadium.

Why did rangers feel they were entitled to multiple events and why has the 'march to George Square' started? This was never a thing before so they have created this event probably to show that they are Rangers and 'we'll  do what we want'. It reeks of the 'no one likes us we don't care' attitude.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Liverpool won the league for the 1st time in 30 yrs and gathered at their stadium once. 

Didn't they set fire to the Liver Building or something?

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Course not. 

You can stay locked up all you want til Nicola tells you it's safe to step outside. 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

40 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Have you ever encountered religious bigotry at T in the Park or any other music festival?

Surely you remember Charlie and the Bhoys blistering set on the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury?

2 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Surely you remember Charlie and the Bhoys blistering set on the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury?

No.

But I do remember Johnny Rotten's brother releasing a 12 inch single in 1980 - Why don't Rangers sign a Catholic by Pope Paul and the Romans.

24 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

It's pretty obvious that this Stormzy c**t has never been inside Ibrox in his puff.

Can we cease this boring pish and get back to laughing at currents sparking each other out and shitting their scants?

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg.5f623ac62ca9905110c4b9b4b97c9500.jpg

5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

No.

But I do remember Johnny Rotten's brother releasing a 12 inch single in 1980 - Why don't Rangers sign a Catholic by Pope Paul and the Romans.

I thought that was the Bollock Brothers?

It's an unfortunate fact that, even in this modern and diverse age, there is still a fair proportion of morons, racists, and bigots. 

In the west of Scotland, a large number of these attach themselves to either side of the Glasgow divide. For many it is ingrained in family tradition, and for others indoctrinated by the people and groups they associate with. 

It's not a minority, and it should never be condoned. Anyone defending or deflecting from yesterday's events needs to have a long hard look at themselves. Likewise, anyone who defended the protests at Parkhead or the gatherings at the cup final vs Hearts etc. 

'But the Palestine' stuff, or 'Aye, but Kenmure St was ok' are piss poor arguments. None of these things should have gone ahead, but the fact they did doesn't justify or excuse folk running amok, destroying the city centre and attacking police. 

Instead of revelling in the no one likes us shite, condemn it. Lee Wallace the culprits, and try to drag your club out of the gutter and into the right century. 

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

'But the Palestine' stuff, or 'Aye, but Kenmure St was ok' are piss poor arguments. None of these things should have gone ahead, but the fact they did doesn't justify or excuse folk running amok, destroying the city centre and attacking police. 

Beg to differ. Kenmure Street should definitely have gone ahead out of necessity; there wasn't any other practical way of physically stopping the deportation other than the mass gathering outside the Home Office van.

5 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

the amusing thing with shite like this is most of the "fans" celebrating,rioting and knocking f**k out of each other probably couldnt find ibrox if you got a taxi to drop them off in govan.

I'll leave you guys to your fun but on this last point I'd agree. I was personally lowkey triggered when someone I know who actually told me 4 or 5 years ago that he had stopped supporting Rangers and wasn't really interested in the football anymore was on snapchat giving it big licks about being at George Square and #55 and aw of that. Shameless. 

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Worth bearing in mind that Stormzy has openly admitted, indeed even bragged, about being a troll on numerous occasions.

Does constantly making a rip roaring c**t of yourself on here make you a troll? If so I guess I am a bit of troll too.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

I've already acknowledged it isn't widespread across the whole of the UK.. 

What else was nonsense?

I don't think sectarianism in Scotland is sustained by songs. Take away the songs and the problem still exists. Change the words on the songs and the problem still exists. I think we probably broadly agree but you think the songs have more impact than I do which is a fair point to disagree on. 

If you think the capacity to express a sentiment has no relationship with the existence of that sentiment, then we'll have to disagree.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Worth bearing in mind that Stormzy has openly admitted, indeed even bragged, about being a troll on numerous occasions.

I've admitted to trolling servile Indy supporters in the politics section before and I'm sure everyone on here has also had fun doing similar stuff.

It's hardly a badge of shame more an entry level course. 

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If you think the capacity to express a sentiment has no relationship with the existence of that sentiment, then we'll have to disagree.

I'd agree with that but probably disagree with how much sincere sentiment is intended when people "express" themselves through singing songs. Most are daft young boys letting off steam, they don't really care about the sentiment, it's a tribal thing. I'd definitely agree with the criticism of adults that actively engage and encourage such sentiments and think that's certainly more noteworthy than the youngsters. 

must be pretty shite having to indulge in Olympic level mental gymnastics to justify choosing to support the same football club (or maybe not post 2012, dohohoho) as, say, the same people that turned George Square into an utter shit tip the other day during their """celebrations""". Nothing celebratory about it tbh, just an excuse to act out their base instincts and be like chimps flinging shit at each other - almost literally, just replace faeces with half bottles of Buckfast or MD 20/20 and you get the picture.

edit: probably a joke to be made there about 8mile ha

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely