Bear on Bear action

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

What sectarian songs do Celtic fans sing  ?

Roaming in the gloaming

North men south men comrades all soon there'll be no Protestants at all

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

What sectarian songs do Celtic fans sing  ?

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Roaming in the gloaming

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

And the point of that was.....................

?

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Roaming in the gloaming

Genuinely couldn’t tell you the last time I heard RITG sung at a game.

And the official lyrics for “on the one road” are used and have been for a long time.

Cant say what is sung outwith CP however they aren’t inside.

Some of the “other” songs need to go in the bin also 

Edited by Jinky67

5 hours ago, AJF said:

Those examples of the clubs culture you provided though have no bearing on Rangers fans fighting amongst themselves.

The Loving Cup Ceremony, picture of the Queen and armed forces day are simply what you describe, pieces of culture and traditions which are indeed harmless whether viewed in isolation or collectively.

They're not.

Unionism, monarchism and militarism are all part of your problem and in Britain are always going to be the type of cultural memes that go along with violence and fascism.

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Before anyone else is stupid enough to do it, lets be clear that posting the video of the guy getting his hand blown off is not ok

Was it digital photography?

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

They're not.

Unionism, monarchism and militarism are all part of your problem and in Britain are always going to be the type of cultural memes that go along with violence and fascism.

I can see the headlines now: “Rangers fans fight amongst themselves. Experts say the yearly Loving Cup Ceremony led to the disgusting scenes witnessed in George Square”

Do you realise how nuts this is? It was a bunch of dicks that had too much to drink and behaved like arseholes. Using a time machine and removing any of those examples listed would not have made a blind bit of difference.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I can see the headlines now: “Rangers fans fight amongst themselves. Experts say the yearly Loving Cup Ceremony led to the disgusting scenes witnessed in George Square”

Do you realise how nuts this is? It was a bunch of dicks that had too much to drink and behaved like arseholes. Using a time machine and removing any of those examples listed would not have made a blind bit of difference.

Are you on the windup or really just that stupid?

Asking for a friend

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Focussing on the Ibrox club and their efforts to cut down/cut out on the sectarian element, or otherwise, here's three things they could do, but don't:

1) Get rid of orange on club gear, for everyone knows it's really 'Orange'. I recall the old club, around 15 years ago, producing guidance in a booklet handed out to supporters, advising them of songs to sing and requesting they use the colours red, blue and white and no others to show allegiance. Can't recall what that initiative was called.

So much this.

The club cannot deny that they are institutionally sectarian while playing in an orange kit.

It's not just Rangers fans that are sectarian, it's the club itself.

15 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Genuinely couldn’t tell you the last time I heard RITG sung at a game.

And the official lyrics for “on the one road” are used and have been for a long time.

Cant say what is sung outwith CP however they aren’t inside.

Some of the “other” songs need to go in the bin also 

I heard 'oo ah up the Ra' during a game at Hampden not to so long ago, in the gap in The Celtic Symphony made for that purpose. Obviously you're right, you'll almost never hear these songs in the grounds any more but you'll definitely hear them on the buses and in the pubs. 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I know you don't get it. It would be hard to get it and remain a Rangers fans. I hope in time you realise that I'm right.

It's not a coincidence that Rangers fans are the absolute worst in the whole of Britain or Ireland. They're on a whole other plane from anyone else for public disorder, sectarianism and racism. It's because of the culture that surrounds the club, particularly the sense of entitlement, establishment and dominance. 

I heard 'oo ah up the Ra' during a game at Hampden not to so long ago, in the gap in The Celtic Symphony made for that purpose. Obviously you're right, you'll almost never hear these songs in the grounds any more but you'll definitely hear them on the buses and in the pubs. 

Celtic certainly still have a sectarian problem and you’ll still hear these songs on buses and in bars but the club have done far more than Rangers to try and stamp it out in their stadium. Could they do more? Probably but they’ve certainly done more than their rivals have who pander to the bigots with Orange kits.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:
4) Stop plastering all merchandise with union jacks. Obviously the flag itself isn't bigoted, but the reason it is so prominent is. Same with certain tunes that they play at Ibrox.

Ideal scenes for Independence folk this weekend. You've got folk plastered in Union flags kicking lumps out of each other. 'Loyalists' doing in other 'loyalists'. Free propaganda. Ruining it for themselves, only a matter of time before their marches are banned now.

Hopefully. There is zero reason for them to be allowed.