Bear on Bear action

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, coprolite said:

“In every hick town across our pseudo nation, you’ll see the most fucked up scum ever shat into creation...etc...”

Sorry , where does this originate ?

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Ridiculous. Explain to me how I am condoning ‘anti-Catholic racism ‘ by supporting a football team for 40+years? 

You failed to support them in 2012. Zombie.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Worth bearing in mind that Stormzy has openly admitted, indeed even bragged, about being a troll on numerous occasions.

It is a bit remarkable to see page after page of folk debating with him as though anything he says is in good faith, and not written purely for attention.

The boy's apparently box office, though, there's no denying it.

26 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I don't think we ever got an answer from Stormzy about why he called Patrick Harvie a "freak". I can't see why he wouldn't just admit he's a homophobe since the mods have always been fine with that.

That was actually Glen Minter. All the right-wing accounts have been out in force lately for some reason, so I can understand the confusion.

Unless Stormy was backing him up, in which case, my apologies.

Seen the video of the smoke bomb exploding in the lads hand, and a photo of the hand afterwards. His hand now resembles the leaked photos of Hope Solo 
Yeah I've seen it too. Just something about it doesn't seem real to me. Media reporting it as a firework but it was pyro. All they things give me the fear anyway. Can see why the police clamp down on all of that stuff at games.

52 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Focussing on the Ibrox club and their efforts to cut down/cut out on the sectarian element, or otherwise, here's three things they could do, but don't:

1) Get rid of orange on club gear, for everyone knows it's really 'Orange'. I recall the old club, around 15 years ago, producing guidance in a booklet handed out to supporters, advising them of songs to sing and requesting they use the colours red, blue and white and no others to show allegiance. Can't recall what that initiative was called.

2) Don't associate with supporters' groups or organisations which use sectarian references. Watching streams this season from Ibrox, I noted the sponsorship from the Heart and Hand podcast onscreen in the shape of a logo, and the excellent Clive Tyldesley mentioned them as choosing the player of the match. I've also seen Union Bears literature which is illegal, why the club allows them space in their ground escapes me.

3) In the past they've allowed some questionable banners to be displayed by fans, but this season I've seen LOL associated materials placed behind the goals. It's pompous behaviour from the club, and shows any inclusive drive to be a sham.

4) Stop plastering all merchandise with union jacks. Obviously the flag itself isn't bigoted, but the reason it is so prominent is. Same with certain tunes that they play at Ibrox.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That was actually Glen Minter. All the right-wing accounts have been out in force lately for some reason, so I can understand the confusion.

Unless Stormy was backing him up, in which case, my apologies.

Yes. Stormzy backed him up. I don't understand why the hounding of him stopped. He needs to be outed as the vile homophobe that he is.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

So what was the come back to the Billy Boys from the Celtic section of the music festival crowd?

Don't think anything sectarian tbf, not too familiar with their songs. 

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

Which two years?  2012 and which other?

I had a ST last two years we wong the league. I didn't renew when I turned 18 and that was the admin season. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

I think it's from the song that Primal Scream and Irvine Welsh did for Euro 96.

Cheers , I wonder how I managed to miss it

Tongue in cheek at the time presumably ?!

3 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Yes. Stormzy backed him up. I don't understand why the hounding of him stopped. He needs to be outed as the vile homophobe that he is.

Well, most folk who don't want to read that shit have probably stuck him on ignore by now, and the mods have repeatedly said that accounts need to be Lee Wallace'd in order for action to be taken for breaches of the T&Cs, as they don't necessarily read everything themselves. And when it comes to the politics forum, they probably draw straws to choose who has to endure a cursory sweep of the most recent posts only  :P

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You're probably not wrong, but the depiction of "young boys letting off steam" is one I'm almost certain you wouldn't apply to other forms of prejudice.

Genuine question:  why does it fit when the minority being targeted is Catholic?

I would if it's the case of singing their chosen football clubs "naughty" songs. If it's a bunch of lads shouting some racist or homophobic stuff it's obviously different factors than the west coast sectarian thing. I do think I'm consistent with this sentiment, feel free to point to an example where I wouldn't have the same opinion. 

26 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Hey there you with the pyro...

Where did your hand go? 

You blew it up.....

Watching the slowed down zoomed in version you need to change that to "where did your fingers go, you blew them off".