Bear on Bear action

6 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The shop round the corner from me still sells glass bottles. Hope for whoevers sake it was plastic.Are you disappointed or relieved? They can cater for all your fetish needs. Here is some bear bum action with some water sport thrown in. 20210516_104443.jpeg

That's the damp proof course fucked.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

So people should just not drink alcohol at large events because they're contributing to an en masse gathering? Avoid any situation where arsehole neds could cause trouble? 

I generally do that tbf but I'm a boring b*****d.

This wasn’t a situation where arsehole neds could cause trouble, this was a situation where there was a 100% stonewalled guarantee there would be trouble and anyone going along knew that, accepted it and went anyway.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Having lived all around this "fair and pleasant land" and while there is racism, bigotry and hatred the length and breadth of the country. Christian sectarianism is only really evident in the West coast of Scotland (and NI, of course). It's not a UK wide issue, it's a very specific and very localised one.

I agree. I wasn't trying to discount this, was actually trying to think of a way to word that but was lazy in the end. 

6 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

I don't accept that, no. :)

You turn a blind eye to bigotry to continue participating in the shared association you have with bigots. That's just a fact. Whilst you may not be a bigot yourself, you've been sat at Ibrox and seen or heard someone partake in bigotry under the banner of Rangers FC, and still went back another time in the knowledge it will happen again. If you partake in a leisure activity in which you are fully aware there is a high probability of experiencing bigotry, then what are you? Cos you're certainly not anti-bigotry. You're some at point in the spectrum of "bigot" and "not-bigot". You clearly think as long as you are not in the "bigot" part of the spectrum, thats good enough for you.

You don’t accept that children are exploited to provide materials to the fashion industry? Sorry but that’s a fact.

Also why would I stop going to watch my team because a random stranger holds sectarian views? That’s simply punishing myself. Would you stop going to watch your team of choice because another fan does not share the same views as yourself?

Just now, Jinky67 said:

This wasn’t a situation where arsehole neds could cause trouble, this was a situation where there was a 100% stonewalled guarantee there would be trouble and anyone going along knew that, accepted it and went anyway.

Same with going out to a club or pub at the weekend or attending festivals. 

41 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Couple of pals who support Rangers were out yesterday and said that you could sort of feel the atmosphere change a bit around 6pm - whether that be due to more numpties starting to appear or just a day of drink starting to take hold - but they decided to head up the road then as they were starting to see more and more bother. 

Not sure if it's down to the whole situation with Rangers over the last 9 years, and the perceived injustice/siege mentality that comes with that (which the club have definitely stoked with their PR tactics, rightly or wrongly) but i've felt since they won the league in March that loads of the celebrations have been laced with an underlying anger and aggression, you could see things like this happening a mile off the minute they started to plan the get together at George Square. If i was a Rangers fan i suppose i'd maybe want to rub the rest of Scottish Football's noses in it too, but i find it quite bizarre to see the complete joy and jubilation go hand in hand with pure anger. 

I'd imagine the bulk of Rangers supporters did similar. When you look at the clips of the mayhem you can see the numbers are way down on what they were earlier and it seems to have got to a point where the police decided the only ones left were those intent on causing bother and decided to clear the place (after giving several warnings). They're now saying there will be many more arrests and I expect most of these to be the ones who stayed on well past the point of celebrating.

"Rangers as a club are outraged and embarrassed by the behaviour of our supporters. As these events took place outside the stadium we have no reliable way to identify the multiple offenders. However, we agree that the situation needs to be addressed, Rather than waiting for sanctions by Government or football authorities, Rangers have decided all home games will be played behind closed doors next season.

We hope that this will demonstrate to the wider public that behaviour demonstrated yesterday and the history of sectarianism no longer had any place at our club".

12 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Same with going out to a club or pub at the weekend or attending festivals. 

It really isn’t. I’ve went out to plenty of pubs, clubs and festivals and not encountered or saw any trouble whatsoever which I’m sure is the experience of the vast majority of people 

If I was going somewhere where there was a 100% chance of it then I simply wouldn’t go. 

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

You don't need to do anything. Just have to be honest with yourself and admit you're not actually arsed about anti-Catholic bigotry. Water off a ducks back for you as long as you can watch your team.

Sad state of affairs, but hey ho, you're not the only one.

I really don’t understand how you can make that claim. As I asked, why would I stop going to games because other fans don’t share the same views as myself?

And as I asked, would you stop going to watch the team of your choice because another fan doesn’t share the same views as yourself?

You’ve claimed by attending Ibrox I condone sectarianism but haven’t been able to explain why and avoid my questions that oppose your view.

32 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Some Donald Trump style facts sure. 

Do you not think that if he was lying, he'd have gone for more of "a big lie" than 'they pressed for a slight relaxation of Covid restrictions'?

50 minutes ago, AJF said:

He cannot explain it as it is not true.

Not sure how old you are, but I’ve been around Scottish football for around 60 years and can assure you that it is , as you must be aware, totally true.

27 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I think if you removed sectarian songs from our fanbase then we would still have a sectarian issue which sadly afflicts people across the United Kingdom. The societal reasons behind why sectarianism exists within the Glasgow football clubs goes far beyond the words in the songs and would undoubtedly be extremely prelavant even without said songs. The violence and drunken civil disobedience is definitely a separate issue. 

I don't sing them anymore myself and don't mind fans steering others away from doing so. 

Sorry, but I think this post contains a fair bit of nonsense.

Anti-Catholic bigotry isn't an issue which afflicts people across the United Kingdom.  It's a hideous issue which blights a couple of corners.

In so far as it exists in Scotland, it is absolutely sustained by associations with football, and alongside this, through songs.