Bear on Bear action

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I would say clever framing but it's not, it's low level lies that appeal to knuckledraggers. 

I said I wouldn't condemn people singing songs and then on the other aspect of the discussion I said  pretty much what MT and AJF have agreed on. I don't feel compelled to condemn something I had no involvement in. The arseholes scrapping and causing damage are arseholes... obviously so.

I don't think the people who went to have a good time and avoided such behaviour are arseholes...

Best Trainspotting T 2 GIFs | Gfycat

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

That sentence is a complete contradiction of itself though. “In general” literally means talking about something as a whole.

No, it means that is the norm, and the expectation.  

In general, Scots like a good swally. 

In general, men are taller than women. 

In general Monkey Tennis's posts are boring shite, 

In general, Tories are not to be trusted, (ok this last one is about Tories as a whole)

ETA In general, **** are fucking scum 

Edited by Insaintee

Couple of pals who support Rangers were out yesterday and said that you could sort of feel the atmosphere change a bit around 6pm - whether that be due to more numpties starting to appear or just a day of drink starting to take hold - but they decided to head up the road then as they were starting to see more and more bother. 

Not sure if it's down to the whole situation with Rangers over the last 9 years, and the perceived injustice/siege mentality that comes with that (which the club have definitely stoked with their PR tactics, rightly or wrongly) but i've felt since they won the league in March that loads of the celebrations have been laced with an underlying anger and aggression, you could see things like this happening a mile off the minute they started to plan the get together at George Square. If i was a Rangers fan i suppose i'd maybe want to rub the rest of Scottish Football's noses in it too, but i find it quite bizarre to see the complete joy and jubilation go hand in hand with pure anger. 

Edited by Fratelli

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Those examples of the clubs culture you provided though have no bearing on Rangers fans fighting amongst themselves.

The Loving Cup Ceremony, picture of the Queen and armed forces day are simply what you describe, pieces of culture and traditions which are indeed harmless whether viewed in isolation or collectively.

Taking away any of those things would not have made one bit of difference yesterday.

Keep telling yourself that. 

26 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

38056ACB-D0DD-4971-BD82-2CEF9DC33694.jpeg

Do you think the guy on the right is English? It's about the only reason I can think of for wearing an English football top on a night out.

Edited by Ric

6 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

How is it not?

I think anyone who was against bigotry would simply stop associating with people who they know commonly partake in anti-Catholic racism. 

Do you wear clothes? I’m assuming you do...

It’s an extremely hyperbolic example to use as an equivalence, but it’s almost inevitable that some of your clothes would’ve passed through the hands of a child at some point. So by wearing and purchasing clothes are you condoning child/slave labour?

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Keep telling yourself that. 

I may regret asking, but how on earth does a Loving Cup ceremony, a picture of The Queen and armed forces day contribute to Rangers fans fighting with each other?

The arseholes scrapping and causing damage are arseholes... obviously so.
I don't think the people who went to have a good time and avoided such behaviour are arseholes...

But not the bigots spewing their sectarian nonsense, they're fine.

8 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Couple of pals who support Rangers were out yesterday and said that you could sort of feel the atmosphere change a bit around 6pm - whether that be due to more numpties starting to appear or just a day of drink starting to take hold - but they decided to head up the road then as they were starting to see more and more bother. 

Not sure if it's down to the whole situation with Rangers over the last 9 years, and the perceived injustice/siege mentality that comes with that (which the club have definitely stoked with their PR tactics, rightly or wrongly) but i've felt since they won the league in March that loads of the celebrations have been laced with an underlying anger and aggression, you could see things like this happening a mile off the minute they started to plan the get together at George Square. If i was a Rangers fan i suppose i'd maybe want to rub the rest of Scottish Football's noses in it too, but i find it quite bizarre to see the complete joy and jubilation go hand in hand with pure anger. 

How many celebrations do they need? Is it 55?

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

But not the bigots spewing their sectarian nonsense, they're fine.

I dare say if none of the other stuff had happened there wouldn't be such twisted knickers on here or anywhere else about thousands of people singing. 

22 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Choosing to support Rangers is, at the very least, a condonation of anti-Catholic racism.

Ridiculous. Explain to me how I am condoning ‘anti-Catholic racism ‘ by supporting a football team for 40+years? 

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I would say clever framing but it's not, it's low level lies that appeal to knuckledraggers. 

I said I wouldn't condemn people singing songs and then on the other aspect of the discussion I said  pretty much what MT and AJF have agreed on. I don't feel compelled to condemn something I had no involvement in. The arseholes scrapping and causing damage are arseholes... obviously so.

Why would people who wanted to have a good time and avoid such behaviour turn up yesterday anyway?

Anyone with an active brain cell could have worked out what would happen in George Square last night. Therefore anyone who chose to show up yesterday is an arsehole whose brain is clearly surplus to requirements. They chose to associate themselves with bigotry.

On a related subject, I'm just back from Caffe Parma in Glasgow's leafy west end where myself and the missus were subjected to 6 guys arriving at the next table - four of them Northern Irish - with black facemasks proclaiming 55. They badgered the staff to allow them a seventh person at the table - in clear contravention of current guidelines. Sadly, the staff accommodated the request.

3 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Ridiculous. Explain to me how I am condoning ‘anti-Catholic racism ‘ by supporting a football team for 40+years? 

40+ years ago (in fact more like 30+), your club was intentionally and deliberately practicing anti-catholic racism.

Edited by Aim Here

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Why would people who wanted to have a good time and avoid such behaviour turn up yesterday anyway?

Anyone with an active brain cell could have worked out what would happen in George Square last night. Therefore anyone who chose to show up yesterday is an arsehole whose brain is clearly surplus to requirements. They chose to associate themselves with bigotry.

On a related subject, I'm just back from Caffe Parma in Glasgow's leafy west end where myself and the missus were subjected to 6 guys arriving at the next table - four of them Northern Irish - with black facemasks proclaiming 55. They badgered the staff to allow them a seventh person at the table - in clear contravention of current guidelines. Sadly, the staff accommodated the request.

Well if you read @Fratellis post it's obvious some people did go just for a good day out and then left when things turned sour. That's their decision, if i was local to Glasgow j probably would've went but not stayed too long. 

As to the second part. Save the made up stories for your Facebook/diary. 

3 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

He cannot explain it as it is not true.

Just now, Aim Here said:

40+ years ago, your club was intentionally and deliberately practicing anti-catholic racism.

"Aye, but not me, I'm a good guy...some of my best friends...90 minutes...we're all pals..."