Bear on Bear action

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

When you attribute the thoughts of some people to the whole group, then it is a baseless generalisation.

Furthermore, the vast majority of Rangers fans I’ve seen online have called out the idiotic behaviour when talking about it rather than defend it.

I fully appreciate that fans are there representing the club, and those who caused trouble have let Rangers down big time. They may not believe there are any consequences, but further down the line it could have.

The club will have massive hurdles to overcome in the future when they want to plan fan events, particularly around the opening of the New Edmonton House and any celebrations that come with it

Sorry mate, I should ignore the news footage and seek out right minded *** fans online and on  social media to see that the **** are really like Ben Feldman GIF by Superstore

Edited by Insaintee

When you attribute the thoughts of some people to the whole group, then it is a baseless generalisation.
Furthermore, the vast majority of Rangers fans I’ve seen online have called out the idiotic behaviour when talking about it rather than defend it.

You should maybe nip over to the Rangers thread and tell Stormzy and Co who have went about all morning refusing to condemn it and even coming out with belters like sectarian chants are fine by them.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I fully appreciate that fans are there representing the club, and those who caused trouble have let Rangers down big time. They may not believe there are any consequences, but further down the line it could have.

The club will have massive hurdles to overcome in the future when they want to plan fan events, particularly around the opening of the New Edmonton House and any celebrations that come with it

Why does it always look like the same people at these events.

George Square 2014 night after the referendum

George Square 2020 defend the statues 

George Square 2021 pish over the statues 

George Square 2021 Bash a Bear gig

1 minute ago, Insaintee said:

Sorry mate, I should ignore the news footage and seek out right minded *** fans online and on Ben Feldman GIF by Superstoresocial media to see that the **** are really like 

I never asked you to ignore the news footage or even stop criticising those that were behaving like idiots.

My whole point was around people making claims that all Rangers fans have no issue with what happened.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't mean that Rangers fans don't see a problem with what happened in George Square.  I'm certain that plenty do.

I mean that lots don't see a problem with what the club represents, perfectly knowingly, to lots of its followers.

Oh yeah, I get you. It wasn’t aimed at yourself as there wasn’t really anything in your post that I disagreed with really.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't mean that Rangers fans don't see a problem with what happened in George Square.  I'm certain that plenty do.

I mean that lots don't see a problem with what the club represents, perfectly knowingly, to lots of its followers.

The frustrating thing with decent rangers fans is they don’t seem to see the drip, drip of the ‘culture’ emanating from the club itself. Everything in isolation seems fairly minor and harmless. The loving cup ( @AJF), the portrait of the queen in the dressing room, armed forces day etc. Many of them find it funny because it angers diddies and Celtic fans. 

To an extent I see why, there is no other club in the country met with such widespread disdain when a fan admits to supporting them. And most of them do just want to engage in friendly ‘banter’ about it all. 

What they’re missing is though that we’ve all seen this movie hundreds of times before to varying scales. Whether it’s large scale trouble like last night or in Manchester, or singing about killing catholics in the away end or behaving like c***s in towns/cities all over the country. It’s not banter when you’ve literally grown up seeing it unfold time and again for decades.

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

This is quite a measured take on it and probably one of the more balanced posts I’ve seen on the matter. 

They don't call me quite the most boring of b*****ds for nothing, you know.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

I never asked you to ignore the news footage or even stop criticising those that were behaving like idiots.

My whole point was around people making claims that all Rangers fans have no issue with what happened.

No one is saying all *** fans are behaving like idiots, we're just saying that in general you are fucking scum

2 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

No one is saying all *** fans are behaving like idiots, we're just saying that in general you are fucking scum

That sentence is a complete contradiction of itself though. “In general” literally means talking about something as a whole.

13 minutes ago, Empty It said:

You should maybe nip over to the Rangers thread and tell Stormzy and Co who have went about all morning refusing to condemn it and even coming out with belters like sectarian chants are fine by them.

I would say clever framing but it's not, it's low level lies that appeal to knuckledraggers. 

I said I wouldn't condemn people singing songs and then on the other aspect of the discussion I said  pretty much what MT and AJF have agreed on. I don't feel compelled to condemn something I had no involvement in. The arseholes scrapping and causing damage are arseholes... obviously so.

I don't think the people who went to have a good time and avoided such behaviour are arseholes...

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The frustrating thing with decent rangers fans is they don’t seem to see the drip, drip of the ‘culture’ emanating from the club itself. Everything in isolation seems fairly minor and harmless. The loving cup ( @AJF), the portrait of the queen in the dressing room, armed forces day etc. Many of them find it funny because it angers diddies and Celtic fans. 

To an extent I see why, there is no other club in the country met with such widespread disdain when a fan admits to supporting them. And most of them do just want to engage in friendly ‘banter’ about it all. 

What they’re missing is though that we’ve all seen this movie hundreds of times before to varying scales. Whether it’s large scale trouble like last night or in Manchester, or singing about killing catholics in the away end or behaving like c***s in towns/cities all over the country. It’s not banter when you’ve literally grown up seeing it unfold time and again for decades.

Those examples of the clubs culture you provided though have no bearing on Rangers fans fighting amongst themselves.

The Loving Cup Ceremony, picture of the Queen and armed forces day are simply what you describe, pieces of culture and traditions which are indeed harmless whether viewed in isolation or collectively.

Taking away any of those things would not have made one bit of difference yesterday.