Inverness' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Inverness' next permanent manager?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I’m sure Caley fans will hope Dodds can manage better than he can commentate, which won’t be difficult.Β 
He must be the most boring pundit in history, closely followed by Andy Walker. All Dodds ever tells you is what just happened which we saw with our own eyes, never a hint of insight or a wee tactical gem none of us would otherwise know about. I’ll be astonished if he’s even half competent as a manager.Β 

He's not the manager, rather he is taking up the position of head coach.

Unlike you I tend to think that, like Derek Ferguson and whilst not having a classical or even conventional command of our spoken word, he brings colour, enthusiasm, positivity and insight whenever I have the pleasure of hearing his dulcet tones.

Whilst it has been anecdotally established that Mr Dodds excels in a coaching capacity, would you say you can be easily encouraged to astonishment?

On 02/06/2021 at 20:11, sophia said:

He's not the manager, rather he is taking up the position of head coach.

Unlike you I tend to think that, like Derek Ferguson and whilst not having a classical or even conventional command of our spoken word, he brings colour, enthusiasm, positivity and insight whenever I have the pleasure of hearing his dulcet tones.

Whilst it has been anecdotally established that Mr Dodds excels in a coaching capacity, would you say you can be easily encouraged to astonishment?

I tend to agree about Dodds and Ferguson - not the most erudite, but their enthusiasm and knowledge of the game and of what it’s like to be a footballer means they’re usually interesting to listen to.

Most tedious listen for me is Willie Miller. Again, he knows his stuff, but he takes five times longer than necessary to tell us what he’s just seen and he does so without adding any flair or personality to it. Frustrating to listen to.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my tuppence worth. What you are getting, and it's from personal experience, isΒ and for me unrivalled in scottish football, outstanding man manager and motivator.Β  He really is that good. He was the glue at Dundee, QoS, Ross county.

Β He has, by his own admission,Β vast experience as a number 2 and coach but not as a number 1. I suspect but don't know for sure he hasn't been in a position to sign his own players before but will have had an input. For those that see that as a negative it may be as him being a head coach he will be given the players to work with but knowing him he will be his own man and will have input if not final say on who he keeps and gets in. I get he won't appeal to all, but if you met him he is one if those people who it is impossible to dislike, imho. He's not boastful, just a very confident person who meets issues head on and won't shy from confrontation or making hard decisions.

He's an open and honest guy and will work as hard as anyone now he's been given what he sees as his chance. And he won't be one of those Jonny come lately s that uses ICT as a stepping stone given he is making a life for himself up there. That said sportsound will miss his, orΒ at least I will miss, "that's for sure" "listen" "get in" "by the way" "let me tell you" and his constant use of "Rich" etc etc

1 hour ago, banditjag said:

Just my tuppence worth. What you are getting, and it's from personal experience, isΒ and for me unrivalled in scottish football, outstanding man manager and motivator.Β  He really is that good. He was the glue at Dundee, QoS, Ross county.

Β He has, by his own admission,Β vast experience as a number 2 and coach but not as a number 1. I suspect but don't know for sure he hasn't been in a position to sign his own players before but will have had an input. For those that see that as a negative it may be as him being a head coach he will be given the players to work with but knowing him he will be his own man and will have input if not final say on who he keeps and gets in. I get he won't appeal to all, but if you met him he is one if those people who it is impossible to dislike, imho. He's not boastful, just a very confident person who meets issues head on and won't shy from confrontation or making hard decisions.

He's an open and honest guy and will work as hard as anyone now he's been given what he sees as his chance. And he won't be one of those Jonny come lately s that uses ICT as a stepping stone given he is making a life for himself up there. That said sportsound will miss his, orΒ at least I will miss, "that's for sure" "listen" "get in" "by the way" "let me tell you" and his constant use of "Rich" etc etc

Hiya Billy! πŸ‘‹πŸ»