Inverness' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Inverness' next permanent manager?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With it being announced on Thursday, that John Robertson was to take an upstairs role, it means Caley are looking for a manager again. Usual list of no hopers included.

As has been reported, McCann already has another job lined up and you'd have to imagine that he'd have it already if he had a chance of getting it.  If it was someone already at the club you'd have to imagine they too would have been sounded out already - Barry Wilson and Ross Tokely both have management experience with limited success.

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Inverness Courier seems to hint that Barry Robson is wanting it.

Would definitely be a good appointment :). Tbh I'd say he's more likely than Sheerin. As I said in the other thread, I'm not so sure that Billy would leave his punditry role etc but I'd also not say no to him.

Well Mr Alli,  its basically because he fits the bill of our previous mantra of giving managers their first job, it worked with Brewster first time and we also gave Foran his first management job which was a disaster.  

But regarding Robson, he has learnt from the best management team that Aberdeen had in a long time, Derek McInnes and Tommy Docherty. 

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apparently we offered McCann the job but he turned it down.

He'll change his mind when you start going for someone else.

To quote Duncan Shearer, it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth for parents who were asked to pay a tenner a week to have their kids train with Caley, then they appoint a Director of Football on top of a Manager at a mid table Championship club who are as near as dammit skint?

17 minutes ago, sophia said:

My source, codename 92-95FM, confirmed this morning that this is indeed the case. 

I guess they were reporting what Gardiner said in his interview from yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

To quote Duncan Shearer, it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth for parents who were asked to pay a tenner a week to have their kids train with Caley, then they appoint a Director of Football on top of a Manager at a mid table Championship club who are as near as dammit skint?

We wouldn’t be appointing a Sporting Director as well as a new Head Coach if we couldn’t afford it. If any of those parents are really that bothered I’m sure they could contact the club to ask for a refund.

Parents have to pay for pretty much every club that they send their kids to, not really sure why football should be any different.

Edited by PB1994