Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

Hopefully. PSV seem to be more dominant than Galatasaray. Usually see lots more of the ball and dominate games. Galatasaray are more direct.
Think we'll be better suited to playing Galatasaray, although I'm expecting to lose to either side tbh.
You want PSV to win if you would rather play Galatasaray

21 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I sincerely hope nobody is sold prior to the big European game, it deserves the best Saints team they can offer.

Would have to hope the players want to play in these games too. Like how many chances will they have to play Galatasaray away in a competitive game?

I can't pretend to know much about the four teams but don't imagine there was that much in it when it came to a preferable draw.

The negatives with Turkey are the logistics and the potential heat.

Given that and the fact when take their seeding, I'd probably prefer PSV.

Will this be the biggest club Saints have faced in Europe?

I remember Monaco, after that can’t mind many big clubs. I wouldn’t really class Rosenberg as a big club.

both of these sides have won European trophies before. 

25 minutes ago, Yoda8 said:

Will this be the biggest club Saints have faced in Europe?

I remember Monaco, after that can’t mind many big clubs. I wouldn’t really class Rosenberg as a big club.

both of these sides have won European trophies before. 

I think Hamburg would top Galatasaray or PSV, if you're talking about how big the club were at the time we played them?

They're all a muchness to be honest. There's  no doubt Galatasaray are the biggest club in Turkey, a country with 85M population and many more around the globe. They aren't from a big 5 league though. PSV are debatably the second biggest club in Holland, definitely in the top 3. 

St Johnstone are of course the second most successful side recently in Scotland so we should fear none of these c***s.

I mean, Hibs have been drawn against some horrendous diddies haven't they?
They P&B God's of fate love to be tempted.

Hibs will absolutely smash that team, they're several levels below even the worst of the diddies that our clubs have lost to.

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They're several levels below even the worst of the diddies that our clubs have lost to.

Dees.thumb.jpg.6416f148ba44d94ff5f91ed0761fb751.jpg

Perfect.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I saw some fans debating on Twitter which club they’d rather face. Let’s be honest, St Johnstone will be massive underdogs no matter who loses that tie and so it’s a free hit. 

Absolutely agree with this, and its why - as Radford says above - I think I'd rather play PSV. Some superb players in their squad at the moment that it would be amazing to see at McDiarmid Park and it gives us seeding in the ECL playoff round, which could prove significant in the long run.

Put it this way - if we're unseeded we likely play a big gun like Spurs or Roma (or at least a very good side from a smaller league). If we get a seeding you've at least got half a chance of getting a tie you can at the very least put up a good fight against.

That said, Saints away at Spurs could be tasty!

Can remember Hearts and Aberdeen playing in the old 5-team UEFA Cup groups. Think Aberdeen played Bayern the night I was heading off for a weekend trip to Paris - 2-2?

Would be great to see group stage European football for non-OF clubs. Will the Conference League games be on BT or is there a separate TV deal?

No away goals either this season.

Absolutely agree with this, and its why - as Radford says above - I think I'd rather play PSV. Some superb players in their squad at the moment that it would be amazing to see at McDiarmid Park and it gives us seeding in the ECL playoff round, which could prove significant in the long run.
Put it this way - if we're unseeded we likely play a big gun like Spurs or Roma (or at least a very good side from a smaller league). If we get a seeding you've at least got half a chance of getting a tie you can at the very least put up a good fight against.
That said, Saints away at Spurs could be tasty!
Jose at McDiarmid.

Bring it on.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Will the Conference League games be on BT or is there a separate TV deal?

BT Sport seem to be advertising they have the rights.

I'd guess if we got Tottenham that they'd show it, tbh.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Can remember Hearts and Aberdeen playing in the old 5-team UEFA Cup groups. Think Aberdeen played Bayern the night I was heading off for a weekend trip to Paris - 2-2?

Would be great to see group stage European football for non-OF clubs. Will the Conference League games be on BT or is there a separate TV deal?

No away goals either this season.

That was in the last 32 after we made it out of the group stages. Our group was Atletico Madrid, Lokomotiv Moscow, Copenhagen and Panathinaikos.

Lost the away games in Greece and Spain but 4 points from the home games was enough to see us through.