Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The Gib national team are getting better too.

I watched the first half of them playing Germany a few years ago, and there really wasn't much in it. Think they got to half time all square, and should probably have got a goal themselves. Fell apart in the second half, of course, but still impressive.

That said, looking at their recent results, they're still taking regular houndings from anyone north of the micronations!

Haven’t seen the Spoony incident properly yet, but it seems that he has fucked up by all accounts. I’d extend the blame to Callum Davidson who took far, far too long to change anything. It was obvious to see that the players were tiring and we needed reinforcements. He was about to bring on Spoony, then seemingly changed his mind because we looked threatening for about ten seconds. Cue Spoony being raging and arguing with Callum. Then we concede a goal and Callum FINALLY decides to bring on a raging Spoony. Too little, too late. Both at fault.

Thought we might just come up short, but didn't think we'd end up going out looking like a rabble.  The players have been brilliant, but that last 10 minutes or so was dreadful.  Haven't seen any decisions back, but at the match I thought they all looked about right.

Once more Davidson waited too long to make changes, a recurring theme this season.  And Spoony totally sold the jerseys.  He looked too pumped up, going apeshit at the ref a minute earlier at a nothing decision.  A player of his experience should know a lot better, not like him.  With 11 men we could have given it a good go in the last quarter of an hour.

Thought Murray and Kerr were brilliant, Rooney as well up until the last 15.  Thought Booth was poor mostly, but need to see it back.

Home form has let us down.  Been brilliant in our two away legs, and can maybe rue missed opportunities to finish ahead both in Istanbul and in Austria last week.

Its standard fare for fans of diddies like Falkirk, st Mirren, and the Dundees to get great pleasure of us going oot, so wire in lads, deserve a slagging for that ending.

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Haven’t seen the Spoony incident properly yet, but it seems that he has fucked up by all accounts. I’d extend the blame to Callum Davidson who took far, far too long to change anything. It was obvious to see that the players were tiring and we needed reinforcements. He was about to bring on Spoony, then seemingly changed his mind because we looked threatening for about ten seconds. Cue Spoony being raging and arguing with Callum. Then we concede a goal and Callum FINALLY decides to bring on a raging Spoony. Too little, too late. Both at fault.

Was typing the same thing as you posted.  Davidson has been guilty of it on several occasions this season.  On Sunday against Utd it was glaringly obvious Utd had the upper hand and we needed a change, but he delayed until we were a goal down.

I imagine after players have been so good for you, you have great belief that they will come through.  But if they're fucked and getting overrun there's not much they can do, heart alone only gets you so far.   Davidson has to react to what he's seeing in front of him, which he did so well last season.

10 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

See if that is an accurate description of what happened I would expect Davidson to get him out of the club before the end of the window because that’s terrible conduct from the player.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

See if that is an accurate description of what happened I would expect Davidson to get him out of the club before the end of the window because that’s terrible conduct from the player.

You can sign Wright from us to replace Spoony. 

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

You can sign Wright from us to replace Spoony. 

Will he be happy to play football in the second tier?

ETA - Oh no sorry forget that I just checked your profile I see you are a Hibs fan so the player in question must be ok with playing in the Championship.

Edited by Sortmeout

19 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Totally agree.Took way to long too to get Spoony on which increased his frustration 

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Its standard fare for fans of diddies like Falkirk, st Mirren, and the Dundees to get great pleasure of us going oot, so wire in lads, deserve a slagging for that ending.

Woah easy tiger. Dont lump the Tangerines in with those diddies. I was hoping you got a result. Made a c**t of it but at least it was spectacular