Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

I see the attendance was 9,106.

St Johnstone's average attendance in 2019-20 was 3,416 - the second lowest in the league.

Clearly there is some scope to boost that. I am aware a lot who attended last night will be casual fans but even then you would think there might be some who want to come back for the more mundane affairs.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I see the attendance was 9,106.

St Johnstone's average attendance in 2019-20 was 3,416 - the second lowest in the league.

Clearly there is some scope to boost that. I am aware a lot who attended last night will be casual fans but even then you would think there might be some who want to come back for the more mundane affairs.

The daytrippers that were around me can do one. Their last game before last night was the previous European tie and they knew f**k all about Saints, thought last night was shite and Saints aren't good enough. f**k having these c***s back at Mcdiarmid,  quality over quantity every day of the week.

Where about were you sitting Tam?
My season ticket is section G, seemed to be a mix of day trippers and regular attendees. Was some laugh getting told to sit down and then pointing out that they’d have to ask everyone in front of me to sit down also.

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The daytrippers that were around me can do one. Their last game before last night was the previous European tie and they knew f**k all about Saints, thought last night was shite and Saints aren't good enough. f**k having these c***s back at Mcdiarmid,  quality over quantity every day of the week.

Warms the heart

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Where about were you sitting Tam?
My season ticket is section G, seemed to be a mix of day trippers and regular attendees. Was some laugh getting told to sit down and then pointing out that they’d have to ask everyone in front of me to sit down also.

I actually ended up in the Ormond. I think I may be forced to buy a season ticket in the east just to avoid this scenario again. I had kind of went off the idea of buying one tbh because I like going in different stands depending on who I'm going with, one son has one in the east and one in the main and mates are likewise. 

I had a Turkish boy in front of me, but I suspect he’s a Perth local actually since I don’t think he was alone. He cheered the second goal, but other than that he got properly involved in it all and think had a great time. 

Most of the folk around me were fans, whilst didn’t recognise most there was plenty of encouragement and the PVA incident happened right in front of me and the volley of abuse he got was quite something. 

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

There was several local Rangers fans near us.f**k knows why they were there.

After giving a decent challenge against Galatasary, there will be a fair few neutrals (and Probably Saints fans) who assume we should be winning the next round as they've never heard of LASK.

Theres no doubt at all we are massive underdogs here.  A similar solid defensive performance to Istanbul and back to Perth level would be great,  to see if we can get another big crowd and buzz for a European night at McDiarmid.

They finished 4th in the Austrian Bundesliga last season, and their recent European results are quite impressive:

IMG_1234.thumb.PNG.eb3ecb27dd98e3132cb84085ae2a64a9.PNG