Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, this. Who's not staying to the end to give the team a clap? Disgrace.

Bit of a gulf in the end, but St Johnstone did themselves a lot of credit. Thought Babel may have been offside for the fourth, but it's moot.

I thought he was miles off

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I thought he was miles off

I though the refs were very poor again throughout, especially the linesmen, even though that included calling back their striker when clean through - and its definitely not the case a better referee would Hbd helped us deal with Feghouli 

Edited by FrankChickens1

Saintees played ok tonight. Kept Galatasaray quiet imo. Didn't deserve to get pumped so I'm glad they got the last minute goal to stop it being an official pumping.

Could have been up against 10 men. Borderline decision. I didn't think it was a red. Kane pushed it too wide and might have been caught before getting a shot from a decent position.

I assumed Rooney was injured? Otherwise why hasn't he started, Brown just isn't as good a player.

Unlucky Saints. Competed well and should be proud of how the played in these two matches. Ali Mccann is a star in waiting, cant see him staying in Perth for too long with performances like tonights

No complaints about the result, Galatasaray had threatened to do what they did in that 2nd half constantly over the two matches, so it kind of felt like it was just a matter of time until it clicked and they ripped us apart, players like Feghouli, Babel, and Turan are absolute levels above anything we'll face in Scotland on the ball, so giving away chances is inevitable.

Our first looked an absolute certain free kick and it took me quite a while to realise it was goal, and at least we had hope for a spell. Nice to have something happen at the end too, felt the players deserved something for keeping going.

No Rooney or Wotherspoon hindered us from the start, and we could've been doing with Middleton and Vertainen being options, so hopefully we're fully fit and firing for next week.

My only complaint is the amount of times we just hoof the ball to absolutely nobody. Giving the ball away that much, inviting them on to us time after time will only end one way. Especially against a team like that, whilst not firing on all cylinders, have the quality to do what they did tonight. 

23 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I think over both legs St Johnstone have done really well. It’s a shame the final result hasn’t been the best but I still think you can have a decent run in this Europa conference.

Lasting one further round along with aberdeen

Things I take away from the game, daytrippers gtf and don't come back, daft c***s don't even know the players names. Saints are a couple of players away from being a very decent  side. Hopefully Middleton and Vertainen can add that spark going forward and are available for the next ties.

They’ll be available for the next tie.

Absolutely gutting to have lost 2 goals in the way we did in the second half. We were still pushing for it though, had we not conceded the 3rd it’d have been a very nervy ending for them.

On a side now, I laughed very much at the woman in a Galatasaray branded hijab getting turned away from the east stand, only to immediately try again seconds later.

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Absolutely gutting to have lost 2 goals in the way we did in the second half. We were still pushing for it though, had we not conceded the 3rd it’d have been a very nervy ending for them.

On a side now, I laughed very much at the woman in a Galatasaray branded hijab getting turned away from the east stand, only to immediately try again seconds later.

I want to know who the f**k gave her a ticket. Burn the c***s house down with him in it.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

You're not fully protected until you've had a second hijab.

Thought we competed very well against a team far superior in technical ability than anyone we'll play in Scotland. Reckon if we'd been able to play Spoony and Middleton we'd have held on to the ball much better and been more of a threat on the counter, bit strange that there were at least 500-1000 empty seats given they announced it was a sellout and the amount of people who were struggling to get tickets. If we had been given time to get more organised i doubt there would have been an empty seat in the place. LASK should be another very tough fixture given they won their tie 7-1 on aggregate and their performances in last seasons Europa League but we've got a chance.

Enjoyed the occasion, players were brilliant over the two legs. Got the excitement of being ahead in the first leg, getting a draw in Istanbul and getting the bounce at an equaliser at McDiarmid.

Galatasary just too much quality in the end, some great goals.  Felt the ref fell for a lot of their antics and was frustrating, though no significant decisions against us.

We got into one or two promising areas but the players were often too knackered from the brilliant effort at closing down to take advantage, or make the right decision.  Ifwe had Middleton and the new striker as options it might have been different, we had a threadbare squad available over the two legs.

I love the stadium being busy, and it's great to see new folk and lapsed supporters turning up, but not even staying until the end to applaud the side for what they've done is shite.