Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Now seeing that Man United winning tonight might be to our benefit! This is so ridiculously complicated but I'll take anything going if it gets us into that play-off round.

It's bizarre, and I've no idea what's happening.

Kassiesa seems convinced we're not in the Play Offs and this is our first group of potential opponents.

Screenshot_20210526-140429_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2d0ce4f54d3c0cfa014fdb508bff9799.jpg

f**k knows.

Screenshot_20210526-140757_Chrome.jpg.fd753ab26af3ec88ef49fefde837f704.jpg

Think, I say I think, if we make the Europa League Play-Offs thanks to Man U winning, then we play one of these teams.

Screenshot_20210526-142201_Chrome.jpg.2cbea32ae180399b2a1d82ab9b8c1e3c.jpg

Reaching the Europa League Groups last season guaranteed teams around £3.5m I think, with £500k for any victory you get in the group stage.

Mammoth amount of money on offer if Man U win and we get drawn against Randers, who seemingly finished mid table in Denmark.

Edited by RandomGuy.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

f**k knows.

Screenshot_20210526-140757_Chrome.jpg.fd753ab26af3ec88ef49fefde837f704.jpg

Think, I say I think, if we make the Europa League Play-Offs thanks to Man U winning, then we play one of these teams.

Screenshot_20210526-142201_Chrome.jpg.2cbea32ae180399b2a1d82ab9b8c1e3c.jpg

Reaching the Europa League Groups last season guaranteed teams around £3.5m I think, with £500k for any victory you get in the group stage.

Mammoth amount of money on offer if Man U win and we get drawn against Randers, who seemingly finished mid table in Denmark.

Where's that from RG? So what we're saying is that regardless of the EL winners tonight it could help our cause? Love it if it has something to do with Luzern's movements as well!

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

Where's that from RG? So what we're saying is that regardless of the EL winners tonight it could help our cause? Love it if it has something to do with Luzern's movements as well!

Kassiesa.net

I think Man U winning helps, and Villareal winning makes it worse.

Just now Villareal due to go into a lower level than us, which won't change if they lose and presumably could push us up a round, but if they win then they and Man U go into a higher level, which bumps us back a round. 

Apparently be clarified tomorrow either way 😂

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kassiesa.net

I think Man U winning helps, and Villareal winning makes it worse.

Just now Villareal due to go into a lower level than us, which won't change if they lose and presumably could push us up a round, but if they win then they and Man U go into a higher level, which bumps us back a round. 

Apparently be clarified tomorrow either way 😂

Bert Kassies on take on it is as follows:

"Interesting. If it's true then the re-balancing of the Europa Conference League is the same for both options: Manchester United or Villarreal winning the Europa league 2020/21. The only question remaining (at least for me) is who gets promoted from ECL-Q2 to ECL-Q3: FC København or FC Luzern?"

Here's hoping we somehow get bumped up one, that would really be incredible!

This is mental! Wouldn’t it be great to get into some kind of group stage?

We’re so used to panic booking flights etc at short notice. 

Wouldn’t it be great to be able to have the luxury of time to arrange flights and more time for the covid situation to improve in other countries etc. 

Fingers crossed for a Man U win then, I guess?!!

4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Villareal one up at half time.

Aye, with Man U posing no threat at all.

Useless b*****ds.

Ach well, hopefully someones got something wrong and this result helps us.

Daft to hope a squad worth over £1bn could possibly win the one match we need them to.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ach well, hopefully someones got something wrong and this result helps us.

Daft to hope a squad worth over £1bn could possibly win the one match we need them to.

To be honest, I’m not really sure anyone was none the wiser in this whole thing, UEFA would decide something tomorrow that nobodies seen coming. But aye, United were shite beyond belief. 

Given people were saying both results might help us, we’ll just need to keep our fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

To be honest, I’m not really sure anyone was none the wiser in this whole thing, UEFA would decide something tomorrow that nobodies seen coming. But aye, United were shite beyond belief. 

Given people were saying both results might help us, we’ll just need to keep our fingers crossed. 

Yeah folk don't even seem sure what day the meetings happening. Changed from tomorrow to Friday now.

We'll probably end up straight in the Conference League Group Stage or something.

8 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

Well the BBC website says that villareal have now moved from the conference playoffs straight to the champions league so surely that's where the space opens up? Who knows

We're in the Europa League, not the Conference League, so it wouldn't affect us surely as the shuffle is happening "below" where we enter?

Been confirmed that Friday is the day everything is clarified.

Rather strange we’re talking about permutations of Villarreal winning instead of arguing what we’d prefer. A Welsh village, an Irish village or a former soviet country.

We're in the Europa League, not the Conference League, so it wouldn't affect us surely as the shuffle is happening "below" where we enter?
Been confirmed that Friday is the day everything is clarified.
Yeah I forgot you go into the europa league first. Was the talk of the place in the conference group stage that threw me

I'm trying to get my head round this.  Are there still meant to be changes to this by UEFA?  I'm probably just repeating what's already been said, but going by Bert kassies site (last updated Thursday 27th May afternoon), I think this is our path:

Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round  v one of:

Rapid Wien Aut

PSV Eindhoven Ned

Galatasaray Tur

Sparta Praha Cze

FC Midtjylland Den

Ties to be played 5th and 12th August

If we win, 

Europa League Play-Off Round  v one of:

AZ Alkmaar               Ned  
Fenerbahçe               Tur  
Zorya Luhansk            Ukr 
Royal Antwerp            Bel 
Sturm Graz               Aut 
Randers FC               Den

Ties to be played 19th and 26th August

If we win, then we enter the group stage, (8 groups of 4 teams).

If we lose in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Europa League, we go into the Play off round of the Conference League, Ties to be played 19th and 26th August. If we win that then we're in the Conference League group stage.

If we lose in the Play Off Round of the Europa League, then we go straight into  the Conference League group stage.

So basically, if we win our 3rd round qualifier in the Europa League, we're guaranteed group stage European football?