Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

3 minutes ago, shugster said:
4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:
Why the f**k does Clarke never pick Ali McCann? Him and Gilmour in the middle would stroll it.

McCann plays fir northern Ireland

Details

St Johnstone are the most annoying bunch of c***s to play against and it’s glorious to watch, only when it’s not Hibs on the receiving end right enough. What a result. 

I’ll take that as a compliment.

1 hour ago, Jarballs said:

Was Ricky Foster actually not bad on co-comms or should I be immediately sectioned?

He was more than decent. Always felt he was a right p***k as a player but he seems bright and confident.

The commentary duo was so much better than McLeod & Mulgrew that it’s frightening.

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He was more than decent. Always felt he was a right p***k as a player but he seems bright and confident.

The commentary duo was so much better than McLeod & Mulgrew that it’s frightening.

I mean would rather have had him and Mulgrew in the studio and Hartson and Faddy on comms tbqh.

Perhaps a sign of how far St. Johnstone have come under Callum Davidson is that after winning a cup double last season I'm disappointed that tonight we only managed to draw with Galatasaray away from home after scoring first.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Why the f**k does Clarke never pick Ali McCann? Him and Gilmour in the middle would stroll it.

Decided he was Northern Irish when he didn’t get an U21 cap when he was 19 or something.

Decided he was Northern Irish when he didn’t get an U21 cap when he was 19 or something.

In fairness to him, his dads northern Irish and his mother’s English. He was born in Edinburgh but with 3 of the home nations a possibility, you’d have expected Malky Mackay to be doing his job and not racially abusing people on his work computer.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

In fairness to him, his dads northern Irish and his mother’s English. He was born in Edinburgh but with 3 of the home nations a possibility, you’d have expected Malky Mackay to be doing his job and not racially abusing people on his work computer.

Yeah. I’m guessing the fact he wasn’t willing to wait around for a cap probably tells you he wasn’t particularly keen on playing for Scotland anyway. If he’d rather sing God save the Queen with the obligatory shouts of “No surrender!” before an international match then he can bash on.

What a fucking result that is btw. 

Start of the game you're hoping it's only a narrow defeat so you've got a chance in the second leg. By the end you're disappointed with a draw. 

Been said but this St Johnstone team are a joy to watch (unless they're against you). Genuinely hope you lot can get in one of the group stages. 

Yeah. I’m guessing the fact he wasn’t willing to wait around for a cap probably tells you he wasn’t particularly keen on playing for Scotland anyway. If he’d rather sing God save the Queen with the obligatory shouts of “No surrender!” before an international match then he can bash on.

Probably didn’t help the fact his manager at the time was northern Irish. Let’s leave it at that.

47 minutes ago, Enigma said:

39 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Such shite.

Spoke to him not long back and asked why and he said he was never asked to play for Scotland.  His Dad's Northern Irish so why shouldn't he be happy to play for them?

He was playing Premiership football for a top six side at 19, strolling it and never even got approached whilst such stellar talents as Lewis Smith and Barry Maguire were getting called up. The blame is 100% on clowns like Steve Clarke and Scot Gemmil and any under age Scotland coaches who ignored him.

Only one country gave him the opportunity to play international football; few players would knock back the chance.