Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

Genuinely buzzing for this game tonight. 

This Saints team are one of my favourite ever non-Thistle Scottish teams. A proper inspiration to clubs like mine and gives me even the slightest hope of similar success one day.

You'll have an extra part time fan in Glasgow tonight.

8 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Have to assume Booth isn't 100% (Callum never seems to risk a player). 

Not unhappy with that lineup. 

It's probably the most sensible lineup. Only debatable one for me is Muzz, he's not the best passer of the ball and may get referees attention with his combative style. In saying that I'd probably pick myself over the Liam Craig that turned up at Arbroath. 

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

It's probably the most sensible lineup. Only debatable one for me is Muzz, he's not the best passer of the ball and may get referees attention with his combative style. In saying that I'd probably pick myself over the Liam Craig that turned up at Arbroath. 

Thought Murray looked really sluggish first game back, but have to say was impressive against County, much more like his old self.

I'm sure Liam will come on later when Murrays knackered/injured/booked, or at least 2 of those 3.

Literally no idea what to expect tonight.

Most of me expects a comfortable loss simply because its fucking Galatasaray away, another part of me is aware they're not what they were, are in the midst of a Celtic-esque breakdown/rebuild, and we have a fairly special, and settled/well drilled, side.

Id take a 1 goal loss tbh, gives us a chance in the home leg.

Just now, mizfit said:

19 minutes until kick off, looks like Hartson will be a dour faced c**t for the whole time.

I was hoping we'd get a different panel but guessing not :lol: Looking forward to every bit of analysis starting with "When you think of Celtic earlier..."

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Biggest game/tie in Europe without doubt given the history of the team and the potential rewards that await. 

I’d say cup finals rank higher though, a trophy in the cabinet is better than any game in Europe. Unless we win the thing obviously! 

You're right about the potential rewards obviously, but wasn't Monaco a bigger opponent? The team that drew 3-3 at McDiarmid:

Barthez, Marquez, Lamouchi, Simone, Legwinski, Leonard, Sagnol, Prso, N'Diaye, Irles, Riise. Subs: Contreras, Giuly, Trezeguet, Gallardo, Sarnerud, Rodriguez, Sylva.

In equal parts excited and nervous about this. Now I'm about to watch it, it makes it feel suddenly real.

Not sure if we can expect to win tonight, hope we can hold them to no more than 1 or 2, maybe sneak a goal of our own, keep the tie alive for next week.

COYS

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You're right about the potential rewards obviously, but wasn't Monaco a bigger opponent? The team that drew 3-3 at McDiarmid:

Barthez, Marquez, Lamouchi, Simone, Legwinski, Leonard, Sagnol, Prso, N'Diaye, Irles, Riise. Subs: Contreras, Giuly, Trezeguet, Gallardo, Sarnerud, Rodriguez, Sylva.

Tbf I think Monaco had the best group of players, but Galatasaray are the bigger club at the time of playing them.