Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

Nothing on the first question for either leg yet, which makes me think that either too much money was asked for the first leg or commercially it just does not add up for the likes of Premier Sports. 

The second will be determined by what the Scottish government say today.

Full house it is then given the government announcement.

Okay i understand now - Saints need to ask P&K Council for permission to accommodate more fans. Absolute joke tbh. Can only pray the council are sound and grant the full house. Given their recent showing of more love for the local football club, I have hope.

29 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Okay i understand now - Saints need to ask P&K Council for permission to accommodate more fans. Absolute joke tbh. Can only pray the council are sound and grant the full house. Given their recent showing of more love for the local football club, I have hope.

Well we'll find out what "Freedom of Perth" really means anyway

Amazingly, the weather forecast for Istanbul on Thursday is 36c and unbroken sunshine.

I can almost see Poula Fisch flipping the weather map over and letting out an astonished, "Scorchio!"

I can also almost see Antonios Gubba concluding the Chanel #9 Sportos section with "Galatasaray chinquo, Agios Yohannespoli zero".☹

Maybe an appeal to UEFA could see the 2nd leg played somewhere with a temperature of 36f🤔. That would even things up.

9 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Clark

Rooney Kerr Gordon McCart Booth

McCann Davidson

MOH Kane Wotherspoon

Think we're more likely to see 5-3-2 than 5-2-3. 

Expect we'll see Craig added to the midfield and MOH on the bench.

Booth surely can't be up to fitness so might well see Devine. Would be some break for the lad, probably not what he expected at the start of the summer.

Saints will need to be very conservative in their approach, given the temperatures forecast. We've definitely caught a break with the game being played at 9:00pm as the sun will at least be down but they are still forecasting 31 degrees at the time. 

All day in the hotel and plenty of fluids.

Anyone trying the Turkish broadcaster Spor Smart with a Turkish VPN? I think its £2.50 a month but Google translate doesn't seem to work on the site so not 100% if you can even watch it online or its just advertising their TV channel.
Obviously there's a decent chance of VPNs being blocked but for £2.50 somebody might want to take a chance.

Edit: on a second look, I don't think this is possible as you need a Turkish phone number

He’s goal or vip box will have it. Watched PSV v Galatasary ( amongst others) from Turkish tv.  without a hitch.

Depends if a British broadcaster takes it up to get English commentary though.

PSV really did slice through them like butter so let’s hope we have our counter attacking  boots on

Think we're more likely to see 5-3-2 than 5-2-3. 
Expect we'll see Craig added to the midfield and MOH on the bench.
Booth surely can't be up to fitness so might well see Devine. Would be some break for the lad, probably not what he expected at the start of the summer.

I *think* I agree with you in terms of what we are likely to see but what I posted would mostly end up being a 5-3-2 anyway so I’m not so sure.. didn’t have time to add any thoughts last night so here they are.

Expect the back five will actually be a full five for most of the game which will hopefully see us look solid enough to limit their chances as much as possible. Big test for Rooney as I trust the other 4 to not let us down defensively even against this opposition - Rooney I’m not sure. A bold move could be picking James Brown instead given he arguably looks a more solid defender happy to sit back… but would lose a lot physically if we drop Rooney so I’m not sure. Davidson could pick both with Rooney playing a little further forward and Brown as a defensive wing back?

Wotherspoon can mostly play as the third centre midfielder but get a bit further forward and drift to the left on the break. MOH is a good outball on the break - I suspect this mob are going to go full guns blazing and I think there will be space on the right for him to run into. Will lose a bit defensively but I think other players can cover enough for him, part of why I think Rooney needs to play a disciplined game.
Not too unhappy if MOH drops out for Craig and Wotherspoon sits a little further forward but I just think if Rooney is the only player with any pace we can use on the break we will end up looking exposed when he is caught up the pitch.

And Kane simply has to start, this game is so perfect for him and his goal virgin qualities. If it’s Hendry I’m turning HesGoal off