Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

The difference in performances between the away and home legs in these ties is astounding. Our home form is total pish. I’d say we certainly have a home European hoodoo. It’s bitterly disappointing to not put in a performance like we did last week in front of our home fans.

14 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

The difference in performances between the away and home legs in these ties is astounding. Our home form is total pish. I’d say we certainly have a home European hoodoo. It’s bitterly disappointing to not put in a performance like we did last week in front of our home fans.

To be fair jama, struggling to create, and especially to score, at McDiarmid has been a hallmark of the past 14 months.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Its standard fare for fans of diddies like Falkirk, st Mirren, and the Dundees to get great pleasure of us going oot, so wire in lads, deserve a slagging for that ending.

I wanted you to win, think most did or didn't care either way, don't think the team need a slagging, didn't take their chances and blew it when a bit of pressure went on.

However I hope you lose every game (except the DABS and OF games) for the rest of the season.

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Haven’t seen the Spoony incident properly yet, but it seems that he has fucked up by all accounts. I’d extend the blame to Callum Davidson who took far, far too long to change anything. It was obvious to see that the players were tiring and we needed reinforcements. He was about to bring on Spoony, then seemingly changed his mind because we looked threatening for about ten seconds. Cue Spoony being raging and arguing with Callum. Then we concede a goal and Callum FINALLY decides to bring on a raging Spoony. Too little, too late. Both at fault.

Even though I completely agree with this, as I said in the match thread when Spoony first started warming up the problem was who to bring off

- Kane or Murray Davidson and you completely lose the shape, for different reasons

- McCann or Middleton and you lose our two best players

- MOH and you lose the unknown gamble element of pace

In the event he took Brown off but doubt he'd have done that at 0-0 at that point in game.

With the benefit of hindsight, I think the best option would have been to take MOH off earlier (who worked manfully but was exhausted), whereas the commentators were saying it was going to be Middleton until he had a chance or two and it was shelved.

9 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Woah easy tiger. Dont lump the Tangerines in with those diddies. I was hoping you got a result. Made a c**t of it but at least it was spectacular

Was going to say, not seen any Bairns fans having a go. Maybe at Wotherspoons world class twattery, but nothing else.

The wee Perth fella is just looking for some of our attention. 

56 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was going to say, not seen any Bairns fans having a go. Maybe at Wotherspoons world class twattery, but nothing else.

The wee Perth fella is just looking for some of our attention. 

Aye okay then 

12 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Stinkin Perth Gimps didn't 🤭

17 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Tbf the raging fat speccy gimp that is Marshmallow is more of a Scotland fan now. This may or may not be due to his club playing non league atm.

I haven't been speccy since the lasik surgery in 2019. 

16 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Lincoln Red Imps have made it through to the group stage.

16 hours ago, BFTD said:

I noticed they'd been slowly working their way through the qualifying rounds.

Did I miss something, or are they still part-time uber-diddies? Tremendous achievement, if so.

They are one of the beneficiaries of the system that aims to get a minimum of 34 of the National champions into the group stages of one of the 3 competitions. its a great idea and will spread the number of nations with teams in the groups out (In the end its 36 this year)

They started in the Champions League , won one tie against Fola Esch 7-2 on aggregate (A superb result) .Even Fola Esch ended up in this play off round so if you are a champion of a small league its very difficult not to get 8 games in July and August.

In round 2 they played Cluj losing both games so dropped to the Europa league.

They then lost 4-2 on aggregate to Slovan Bratislava to drop into the Conference playoffs and hit the jackpot in the unseeded draw where they got Riga FC. Both games finished 1-1 and they came out on top in extra time. They could have got the likes of Kairat Almaty or Maccabi Haifa in that draw.

Thus with 1 win over 90 minuets in the first round of the Champions league and 4 draws they have group stage football. Hibs and Aberdeen both won more games and don't but that's the way the system works.

4 hours ago, realmadrid said:

They are one of the beneficiaries of the system that aims to get a minimum of 34 of the National champions into the group stages of one of the 3 competitions. its a great idea and will spread the number of nations with teams in the groups out (In the end its 36 this year)

They started in the Champions League , won one tie against Fola Esch 7-2 on aggregate (A superb result) .Even Fola Esch ended up in this play off round so if you are a champion of a small league its very difficult not to get 8 games in July and August.

In round 2 they played Cluj losing both games so dropped to the Europa league.

They then lost 4-2 on aggregate to Slovan Bratislava to drop into the Conference playoffs and hit the jackpot in the unseeded draw where they got Riga FC. Both games finished 1-1 and they came out on top in extra time. They could have got the likes of Kairat Almaty or Maccabi Haifa in that draw.

Thus with 1 win over 90 minuets in the first round of the Champions league and 4 draws they have group stage football. Hibs and Aberdeen both won more games and don't but that's the way the system works.

I like the introduction of the conference league - genuine prospect of 1 or 2 mid tier Scottish teams playing European football well into the season and generating cash (just wish it had been us this year).