Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

I think what made that night even funnier for me was a certain Morton fan on this forum having a total normal one and claiming he wasn’t bothered by the result, whilst having a meltdown.

On 21/08/2021 at 10:27, tree house tam said:

I see a few of these arrogant, over confident, Bratwurst inserting, fake German c***s are making the journey over. I urge any Saints fan If any make it into the ground , eject them using as much force as humanly possible without damaging any of your surroundings. Keep Mcdiarmid beautiful and nazi free.

...Football, Scotland and all right-thinking people being so committed to opposing stereotyping & discrimination and supporting "anti-racism"... Whatever that is🙄

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth

52 minutes ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

...Football, Scotland and all right-thinking people being so committed to opposing stereotyping & discrimination and supporting "anti-racism"... Whatever that is🙄

I was just seeing how many I could fit into the one post, thought I'd done not too bad tbf.

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I was just seeing how many I could fit into the one post, thought I'd done not too bad tbf.

That betting odds spammer seems to have made a few posts with somewhat eyebrow raising statements concerning race now I've seen.

Interesting to see how it plays out for him.

On 21/08/2021 at 10:09, RandomGuy. said:

It's almost impossible to prove either way, but I wonder how MOH over the past 12 months actually compares to the rest of his career with us.

Always wondered if he is actually playing to the same level, it's just we've all forgotten how inconsistent he was, and are blinded by the couple of months where he was genuinely unplayable.

Dunno, just a thought I've been having lately.

At points this season there has been flashes of the old MOH. If we could get even half of peak MOH with Middleton in side too it would be glorious.

Funny how we have had some incredible periods from some of our players who move into better things and when they come back around are never quite the same, MOH, May and Swanson all good examples. Half expect us to resign Wright and Kennedy!

If we could get the Kennedy from that game at Dens I'd have him in a heartbeat. Possibly the best performance I've seen from a single saints player ever....

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

At points this season there has been flashes of the old MOH. If we could get even half of peak MOH with Middleton in side too it would be glorious.

Funny how we have had some incredible periods from some of our players who move into better things and when they come back around are never quite the same, MOH, May and Swanson all good examples. Half expect us to resign Wright and Kennedy!

If we could get the Kennedy from that game at Dens I'd have him in a heartbeat. Possibly the best performance I've seen from a single saints player ever....

Swanson was great in his second spell, wasn’t it the third time we signed him that he didn’t hit top form?

If we win on Thursday I’d take Kennedy (and Drey!) on a seasons loan in a heartbeat.

They could take care of domestic opponents whilst the current first team slay European opposition.

Kennedy would be ideal for breaking down weaker teams at McDiarmid, which we can struggle with a bit at times.

53 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Swanson was great in his second spell, wasn’t it the third time we signed him that he didn’t hit top form?

If we win on Thursday I’d take Kennedy (and Drey!) on a seasons loan in a heartbeat.

They could take care of domestic opponents whilst the current first team slay European opposition.

Kennedy would be ideal for breaking down weaker teams at McDiarmid, which we can struggle with a bit at times.

You are right, 3rd spell was just a waste of everyone's time. 2nd spell was as good as the first.

It would be interesting if we did get to the groups what kind of signings would we get? Would it just be capable bodies to bolster the squad or would it be Kennedy like players who would enhance the team. For me, the first task would be to sign middleton permanently as I think if he is as good as last season we have no chance once his contract expires.

I suspect Davidson has a list A and and list B depending on the outcome of Thursday. Brown may have a list C though! 

8 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Main Stand and East sold out. Looks like maybe a couple hundred left in the Ormond. North has a lot of tickets left in the two side sections. Hopefully the club can push to get these sold out over the next couple of days.

Looks like it will surely be a sellout then which is good. Just a shame more didn't turn up on Saturday. Only 5700 with 2-3k United fans. 

The Galatasary game was announced as a sell out but then there were loads of empty seats. Attendance was given as 9100, but I thought it looked a bit less to be honest.

Curious to know how that happens, do many people buy tickets then just not bother going?  We can't be holding back 1500 seats due to covid restrictions..

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

The Galatasary game was announced as a sell out but then there were loads of empty seats. Attendance was given as 9100, but I thought it looked a bit less to be honest.

Curious to know how that happens, do many people buy tickets then just not bother going?  We can't be holding back 1500 seats due to covid restrictions..

In general, what kind of financial boost is this to SJ?

I've no clue the club's wage bill or financial situation, but I'd think two matches that brought in a combined £450K (guessing 18K fans x £25 a ticket) would be a shot in the arm? Or would it only cover the expenses for the away legs?

In general, what kind of financial boost is this to SJ?
I've no clue the club's wage bill or financial situation, but I'd think two matches that brought in a combined £450K (guessing 18K fans x £25 a ticket) would be a shot in the arm? Or would it only cover the expenses for the away legs?

£160k maximum is all tickets bought were £25.00 for Galatasaray considering that season ticket holders received a free ticket.

Throw in a couple of thousand from the food stalls and purchases from the stadium shop. I’d also imagine we got some money from the game being on Telly and UEFA prize money.

Not sure how much travel would cost, but it would surely be a better price to travel to Istanbul than it would’ve had we been playing somewhere like Armenia or Azerbaijan.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Not sure how much travel would cost, but it would surely be a better price to travel to Istanbul than it would’ve had we been playing somewhere like Armenia or Azerbaijan.

Do UEFA not subsidise part of the travel costs?

5 hours ago, ahemps said:

Do UEFA not subsidise part of the travel costs?

Never heard that, just the "prize" money given out.  

Does anyone know if saints are due money from the Europa league defeat(€240k ish at that stage) or only get the cash for the europa conference? 

Our entire squad could spend all Wednesday on the piss, turn up and f**k about on Thursday night and get humped, and the club will still earn £640,000.  Plus whatever tv money and ticket sales we've brought in from 3 live televised matches so far.

UEFA Conference League Prize Money

Similar to the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, the prize money received by the clubs is divided into fixed payments based on participation and results, and variable amounts that depend on the value of their TV market.[8]

For the 2021–22 season, group stage participation in the Europa Conference League awarded a base fee of €2,940,000. A victory in the group pays €500,000 and a draw €166,000. Also, each group winner earns €650,000 and each runner-up €325,000. Reaching the knock-out stage triggers additional bonuses: €300,000 for the round of 32, €600,000 for the round of 16, €1,000,000 for the quarter-finals and €2,000,000 for the semi-finals. The losing finalists receive €3,000,000 and the champions receive €5,000,000.[9]

First qualifying round elimination: €150,000

Second qualifying round elimination: €350,000

Third qualifying round elimination: €550,000

Play-off round elimination: €750,000

Qualified to Group Stage: €2,940,000

Match won in Group Stage: €500,000

Match drawn in Group Stage: €166,000

1st in Group Stage: €650,000

2nd in Group Stage: €325,000

Knockout round play-offs: €300,000

Round of 16: €600,000

Quarter-final: €1,000,000

Semi-final: €2,000,000

Runner-up: €3,000,000

Champion: €5,000,000

Also, each domestic champion not qualifying for the Group Stages of any final tournament will receive an additional €260,000.

27 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Grgic OUT. Probably not a surprise but a big blow for them.

I thought he was pretty meh tbh. Did nothing but recycle the ball about and couldn't do anything under pressure, not quite sure why it's being discussed he's a key player for them or anything.

All about opinions though I guess.