Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

15 hours ago, mizfit said:

Could you imagine the sheer cheek Mourinho would get off the crowd?

It would be incredible. Considering the players we've got reactions out of before, there's absolutely no chance he wouldn't react in some way.

Roma scoring and him sprinting across the pitch to knee slide in front of the East Stand or something.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Not getting ahead of things here, but it’s nice to see what the inventive is.

From the coefficient thread, someone has pasted a list of potential qualifiers for conf league group stage from another site and where they’d be seeded.

Obviously a lot to be decided, and it’s got Lask in there instead of us, and Tottenham despite them getting beaten in the first leg, but gives an idea of where we would be placed. Saints have 6.675 points (Aberdeen 7.5) so both would likely be in pot 3.

Here's the scenario for you to get into pot 3. There's guaranteed to be 5 teams ranked lower, so you need 3 of the following lower ranked teams to go through into the group stage. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_UEFA_Europa_Conference_League#Group_stage

The losers from EL PO: Mura (1-3 v Sturm Graz), HJK (0-1 v Fenerbache), Alashkert (0-1 v Rangers), Randers (1-1 v Galatasaray), Omonia (winning 4-2 v Antwerp).

Also wins from: Raków Częstochowa (1-0 v Gent), Anorthosis Famagusta (0-0 v Be'er Sheva). Couple of other clubs that are ranked below but they are losing their 1st leg games.

Edited by Ginaro

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It would be incredible. Considering the players we've got reactions out of before, there's absolutely no chance he wouldn't react in some way.

Roma scoring and him sprinting across the pitch to knee slide in front of the East Stand or something.

I don't think you'd wind Mourinho up to be honest, he's too long in the tooth and far to savvy for it. I suspect he'd actually turn up and be great fun to watch and assuming it's going his way he'd be all smiles the entire time. 

Should have added. In relation to the other night, there were a few moments where, even on a dodgy pitch, Michael O'Halloran was gliding over the turf like the player of old. 

I know we are maybe going to be forever grasping to the player that was but if he, and in turn the team, could add that to the armoury... 

Should have added. In relation to the other night, there were a few moments where, even on a dodgy pitch, Michael O'Halloran was gliding over the turf like the player of old. 
I know we are maybe going to be forever grasping to the player that was but if he, and in turn the team, could add that to the armoury... 

I watched it with a mate who supports Hibs. His takeaway was if MOH can play to that tempo with Middleton on the other side then we shouldn’t worry about having a striker when we’ve Kane who can get on the end of everything.

It's almost impossible to prove either way, but I wonder how MOH over the past 12 months actually compares to the rest of his career with us.

Always wondered if he is actually playing to the same level, it's just we've all forgotten how inconsistent he was, and are blinded by the couple of months where he was genuinely unplayable.

Dunno, just a thought I've been having lately.

I see a few of these arrogant, over confident, Bratwurst inserting, fake German c***s are making the journey over. I urge any Saints fan If any make it into the ground , eject them using as much force as humanly possible without damaging any of your surroundings. Keep Mcdiarmid beautiful and nazi free.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's almost impossible to prove either way, but I wonder how MOH over the past 12 months actually compares to the rest of his career with us.

Always wondered if he is actually playing to the same level, it's just we've all forgotten how inconsistent he was, and are blinded by the couple of months where he was genuinely unplayable.

Dunno, just a thought I've been having lately.

I always got the impression that he plays well when the weather’s good then hibernates. Last season that was undone by the daft cards he got.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

... and are blinded by the couple of months where he was genuinely unplayable.

What a few months though. Doubt there was a better player in Scotland. 

That image from the game at Morton summed it up... 

IMG_20210821_130301.thumb.jpg.06a53927d58c1ae647e270aaa25702d4.jpg

Ah the memories!

Agree with the praise for MOH, great to see him playing the way he did the other night. I wonder if having defenders occupied with Middleton's threat has opened things up for him a bit.  He's certainly working harder off the ball than at any time previously.

That front post run by Kane that he scored from in the Scottish Cup semi and the other night, wonder if he's always done it and we've not been great at picking him out.  Last minute in this game (look away Zander Clark though!):

Shows the benefit of an early ball across the face of the 6 yard box.  I'm a big fan of an early cross for strikers to attack.  Think back to how much we dithered on the ball in the first few months of last season when we'd get the ball wide then make about 6 passes before a hopeful ball into a packed penalty area.

It's gives me the fear that LASK sit back and try and counter us. We consistently look lost when we're allowed to dominate.

Wotherspoon back though...

On 21/08/2021 at 13:05, Radford said:

What a few months though. Doubt there was a better player in Scotland. 

That image from the game at Morton summed it up... 

IMG_20210821_130301.thumb.jpg.06a53927d58c1ae647e270aaa25702d4.jpg

From my early days on the media team when I was taking pics

I was messing about with the settings on my camera when I took that and it almost never saw the light of day as everything around it had that funny circle around the images. I was scanning back through to decide what would go in the album and that stood out.

That and my Liam Craig montage at Dens always come up and remind me how with zero experience I ended up on the touchline when the media team was 3 volunteers and there was no central plan.