Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

7 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Shame the Austrians don't seem to have a comedy forum like the Turks. Enjoyed reading the madness, made more surreal by google translate. 

Very little I can see online from their fans.

Had a read through this thread. 
https://www.austriansoccerboard.at/topic/128587-linzer-ask-fc-st-johnstone/#comments

Hadn‘t realized that the game was being played in Klagenfurt due to their stadium being Cat. 2. Tomorrow‘s game requires Cat. 3 & group stage Cat. 4.

Linz to Klagenfurt is a 3 hour trip by car. A combination of this, the early k/o time plus a price of €30 for an adult / €15 for a child. has p!ssed off most of them. Ticket sales mentioned as being 272.

General feeling from going through the thread, is they‘ll think they‘ll go through but the performances against Galatasaray have knocked out most of the ‚piece of p!ss, against these Scottish fermers‘ attitude.

All the best Saints, was in Linz in 1995 for the Intertoto game against Thistle.  

50 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Had a read through this thread. 
https://www.austriansoccerboard.at/topic/128587-linzer-ask-fc-st-johnstone/#comments

Hadn‘t realized that the game was being played in Klagenfurt due to their stadium being Cat. 2. Tomorrow‘s game requires Cat. 3 & group stage Cat. 4.

Linz to Klagenfurt is a 3 hour trip by car. A combination of this, the early k/o time plus a price of €30 for an adult / €15 for a child. has p!ssed off most of them. Ticket sales mentioned as being 272.

General feeling from going through the thread, is they‘ll think they‘ll go through but the performances against Galatasaray have knocked out most of the ‚piece of p!ss, against these Scottish fermers‘ attitude.

All the best Saints, was in Linz in 1995 for the Intertoto game against Thistle.  

EFE30DF6-09B1-4916-A587-5FAAB0740E23.thumb.jpeg.b5ebbdb2c306aec5d4a7af73fdfefd70.jpegCEF74E5A-997E-4AEB-8351-487135F18348.thumb.jpeg.103913425df716064206793e473feff9.jpeg
233320B9-ADB9-4801-8E4C-57BE04E19A1D.thumb.jpeg.42a96623737c03dee30eb2bf74995b7d.jpegBBB925FB-FBCE-410D-A89F-D6CE0DB271F6.thumb.jpeg.6865a2d4c1858a5597e93761697f0bae.jpeg

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

f**k those Bratwurst shagging c***s. They think it'll be over in the first leg? f**k them. Austrians are now my most hated tribe in Europe, classical music loving weirdo c***s!

😀 

I like the post that's about a paragraph long which I can't understand any of until the last two words.. 'glory hunters'!

I'm guessing one lads thinks Rooney and Kane are our main players?  What's the boy with 23 likes on about though?

You need to brush up on your German. @PauloPerth

The consumption of Almdudler will rise again to unimaginable dimensions, because I am sending some of my French nephews into the race again.  Since they have already done quite well as a lucky charm against the Serbs, I hope for another victory from you on Thursday. Unfortunately I can't do it myself this time, so Grandma has to fix it if necessary. 

In the group stage it has to go again without French support, but you can count on me and a few other Carinthians from my environment.

All the best and have fun in the Klagenfurt jewelry box with Hirter beer and bratwurst. Weather should be perfect for a day trip. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

You need to brush up on your German. @PauloPerth

The consumption of Almdudler will rise again to unimaginable dimensions, because I am sending some of my French nephews into the race again.  Since they have already done quite well as a lucky charm against the Serbs, I hope for another victory from you on Thursday. Unfortunately I can't do it myself this time, so Grandma has to fix it if necessary. 

In the group stage it has to go again without French support, but you can count on me and a few other Carinthians from my environment.

All the best and have fun in the Klagenfurt jewelry box with Hirter beer and bratwurst. Weather should be perfect for a day trip. 

Ah yes, it's all become clear now.

Wonder If Grandma managed to fix it?

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

😀

I like the post that's about a paragraph long which I can't understand any of until the last two words.. 'glory hunters'!

I'm guessing one lads thinks Rooney and Kane are our main players?  What's the boy with 23 likes on about though?

Their coach has highlighted them as players to watch. Let's hope for their sake he's taking the piss.

As @Radford mentions, the with the plus 23 post is just wittering on about his french nephew (who was also at the previous game) being in attendance and acting once again as a lucky charm.

The post with "Glory Hunters" is just stating that St. Johnstone isn't a big enough name to entice their "Glory Hunters" to attend.

27 minutes ago, German Jag said:

As @Radford mentions, the with the plus 23 post is just wittering on about his french nephew (who was also at the previous game) being in attendance and acting once again as a lucky charm.

The post with "Glory Hunters" is just stating that St. Johnstone isn't a big enough name to entice their "Glory Hunters" to attend.

What about them thinking they've basically won the tie already? The undercurrent of superiority needs put in it's place. Kiddy on German wankers.

41 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Their coach has highlighted them as players to watch. Let's hope for their sake he's taking the piss.

Tbf it sounds like they've simply watched us in cup games against "stronger" sides. So you can see why they're looking at Rooney, while Kane is credited with goals away at Ibrox and at home to Galatasaray so again can see why they'd highlight him.

Middleton could be a total unknown to them.

20 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Is it not just a joke because of Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney? 

Courier interview has their manager highlighting Rooney and Kane.

Screenshot_20210819-073441_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4271f39d53efa229a6162625b964f419.jpg

I like the boy in that forum who calls the Scottish media Ali McCann fanboys 🤣

Aim number one tonight is to keep a clean sheet pretty much at all costs for me. I have no idea how this side compare to the likes of, say, Luzern or Rosenborg when we played the but I fully expect them to be extremely good technically and to dominate the game for the most park. 9/10 performances or better required if we’re going to progress.

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Davidson Craig Booth

Middleton Kane

Ideally with that central three in midfield rotating to support the strikers. All three are capable of getting forward so when you can, do it.

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I like the boy in that forum who calls the Scottish media Ali McCann fanboys 🤣

Aim number one tonight is to keep a clean sheet pretty much at all costs for me. I have no idea how this side compare to the likes of, say, Luzern or Rosenborg when we played the but I fully expect them to be extremely good technically and to dominate the game for the most park. 9/10 performances or better required if we’re going to progress.

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Davidson Craig Booth

Middleton Kane

Ideally with that central three in midfield rotating to support the strikers. All three are capable of getting forward so when you can, do it.

That's the team I'd go with but Liam would have sit deep and stop the long shots on our goal. I think we may concede from them.