Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

1 minute ago, FreedomFarter said:

Has Devine been a bit underwhelming so far this season? I haven't watched him other than tonight and it hasn't been his best game. We (Livi) have a left back on loan from Liverpool who's had a slow start. Hopefully both these loan signings come good but it's possible they might be mediocre. Makes me wonder if managers are swayed by the prestige of the club they're signing the loan player from rather than maintaining a stand-alone evaluation of the player.

Livi had Ciaron Brown and St Johnstone had Danny McNamara both on loan from far less prestigious clubs last season and they were excellent.

This is his 2nd ever start in senior football. He was absolutely fine against County at the weekend.

2 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Has Devine been a bit underwhelming so far this season? I haven't watched him other than tonight and it hasn't been his best game. We (Livi) have a left back on loan from Liverpool who's had a slow start. Hopefully both these loan signings come good but it's possible they might be mediocre. Makes me wonder if managers are swayed by the prestige of the club they're signing the loan player from rather than maintaining a stand-alone evaluation of the player.

Livi had Ciaron Brown and St Johnstone had Danny McNamara both on loan from far less prestigious clubs last season and they were excellent.

He could have done a little better at their goal, but way too early to call him underwhelming. We haven't been playing league cup groups remember, so he hasn't even played 2 games yet, and won a penalty at the weekend with a lovely turn.

Your point is otherwise valid though, Willock never looked like a Utd player.

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

He could have done a little better at their goal, but way too early to call him underwhelming. We haven't been playing league cup groups remember, so he hasn't even played 2 games yet, and won a penalty at the weekend with a lovely turn.

Your point is otherwise valid though, Willock never looked like a Utd player.

Sure, tonight is the first I've seen of him so I'm in no position to judge and the other reply above says he was good at the weekend so that sounds a promising start.

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

When did Galatasary start playing in this stadium? Seems a million miles away from the welcome to hell arena

Their own one is getting done up apparently...