Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

Going to be surreal watching the mighty SJFC step out into the Turk Telecom Arena, broadcast live on terrestrial TV. It’s about time we were shown games like this instead of watching pishy England friendlies or FA Cup ties. Wonderful stuff.

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Going to be surreal watching the mighty SJFC step out into the Turk Telecom Arena, broadcast live on terrestrial TV. It’s about time we were shown games like this instead of watching pishy England friendlies or FA Cup ties. Wonderful stuff.

Hope not since the games been moved from there cos of reconstruction work 😄

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Actually being played at a Baseksahir's ground. Think they have renovations at the Turk Telecom or something,

All the best lads [emoji106]

I’ll be honest. This is the first European match I’ve been nervous about since Rosenborg.

If we win it’ll go down as one of Scottish footballs greatest results.

22 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’ll be honest. This is the first European match I’ve been nervous about since Rosenborg.

If we win it’ll go down as one of Scottish footballs greatest results.

You have nothing to lose. Play your strongest team and go for it over the 2 legs and who knows what could happen. 

If you want to read far too much into a 5 second video of training, McCann and Davidson are both in the same side of the drill while Craig was in the opposing team. No idea what Bryson was doing.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you want to read far too much into a 5 second video of training, McCann and Davidson are both in the same side of the drill while Craig was in the opposing team. No idea what Bryson was doing.

Watching Today at the Olympics back in Scotland I suspect. 

If it's two, it'll be McCann and Davidson, who I thought was good on Saturday. It's whether, having watched them, he wants to shore it up with Craig. I'm sure he would do a good job in there, although quite often does take a few weeks to get going when a season starts.

I think he'll try and pick a team that can be quite flexible as sounds like he's unsure how they'll play, given they've done so differently in all three games he's watched.

For me, that probably means I'm still thinking the team I posted originally with O'Halloran and Wotherspoon, both of him can switch between wide/central roles. 

Buzzing for this. 

Clark

Rooney Kerr Gordon McCart Booth

Wotherspoon McCann Davidson Craig

Kane

You can set up that midfield any way you like - Wotherspoon at the top of it just behind Kane or or as a flat four. Should be relatively fluid and changeable depending how the game pans out.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

41 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

MOH will have a field day in behind that defence,  be brave Callum.

I've got to agree with this. Put him on the right, tell him to keep chalk on his boots and that his primary goal every time he has the ball is to take the fullback on and take us 40/50 yards up the pitch.