Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

So basically whoever we least would like to play out of Galatasaray, Rapid Vienna and Midtjylland we want to be drawn against Celtic  next Wednesday.

I'm hoping Galatasaray, purely as on the small chance we can go somewhere, I think Istanbul would be the most problematic/expensive

2 hours ago, deej said:

I'm hoping Galatasaray, purely as on the small chance we can go somewhere, I think Istanbul would be the most problematic/expensive

Aye I'm thinking similar, feel Turkey will be on the quarantine list longer than Denmark or Austria.  Still 7-8 weeks away, but I'm not that optimistic we'll be able to travel to any of them, unfortunately I can't see them rushing places open just to give Saints fans their European jolly!

10 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Imagine moving all the way to Istanbul to get away from St Johnstone, and on your debut still getting put on your arse by a rampaging psycho from Bellshill

So one of losers in these ties...
PSV Eindhoven vs Galatasaray
Rapid Vienna vs Sparta Prague
Do all these sides guarantee seeding for playoff round in either competition? (Assuming UEL Q4 draw is also pre this fixture being played)

25 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:
1 hour ago, Radford said:
So one of losers in these ties...
PSV Eindhoven vs Galatasaray
Rapid Vienna vs Sparta Prague

Do all these sides guarantee seeding for playoff round in either competition? (Assuming UEL Q4 draw is also pre this fixture being played)

PSV have the highest seeding so we would likely want them, get pumped then take being seeded(hopefully) into the Conference league play off. Win that and we're in Europe till December. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Draw is midday on Monday. Who we all wanting?

Winner of Rapid Wien v Sparta Prague, for me. Know there's talk about us getting a better draw in the Conference if we lose to Galatasaray/PSV, and losing to RW/SP is probably the worst case scenario, but I genuinely think we stand a half decent chance v Sparta Prague.

We have a settled system, a squad that knows it inside out, and the defence is solid. We probably just lack a genuine match winner for a tie like this, but if O'Hulkarron is on fire, and and Czechs don't expect him, he could have fun.

Edited by RandomGuy.