Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

I'd happily take an English side, as I'm desperate for Shaun Rooney to just obliterate whatever left back they have and the commentators to be absolutely seething on the highlights show.

I’d love to see Jake Humphreys reaction to Rooney destroying Spurs entire left side and walking away with that shit eating grin of his.

The Europa League draw looks horrific, in terms of progress. It's changed since we were last in and they have "priority groups" and such shite and the options on who we draw are pretty limited. 
It'll be one of the three losers from CL QR2 (can't be Celtic), so potentially: PSV, Sparta Prague, Galatasaray, Rapid Vienna or Midtjylland. 

All of these ties (except perhaps the Danish lot) would be an utterly tremendous away day.

Preference has to be Prague I think.

26 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Anywhere but Galatasaray.
I don’t fancy being set on fire.

This is exactly what I've just said to someone. You'd expect them to qualify through the Champions League given their size and the other teams in that round. Ideally you get a team Celtic beat and you can get all the inside information off them!

5 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Looks like St Johnstone are seeded against a team dropping out of the champions league qualifiers.  What an amazing chance they have of getting to the group stages.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedel2021.html

Not sure I'd call it an amazing chance of the EL GS when those teams dropping out are three of PSV, Sparta Prague, Bronby/Midtjylland/Copenhagen, Rapid Vienna, or Galatasaray.

Only positive is the other leagues seem to be starting a couple of weeks after ours and St Johnstone will have already played a league game when the first leg comes around.

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Not sure I'd call it an amazing chance of the EL GS when those teams dropping out are three of PSV, Sparta Prague, Bronby/Midtjylland/Copenhagen, Rapid Vienna, or Galatasaray.

Only positive is the other leagues seem to be starting a couple of weeks after ours and St Johnstone will have already played a league game when the first leg comes around.

Just noticed which teams they could get from the champions league drop off so deleted the post. Great trip but very little chance of winning. 

Need to remember that, in theory, the best of those three teams (Celtic, PSV and Sparta Prague) will progress to the QR3 of the Champions League. We'll be playing one of two or three teams that has already faced the disappointment of going out of the Champions League. 

I still think folk looking at one destination are missing the bigger picture. If we can win one tie, we are playing group stage football until Xmas. You'll be all over fucking Europe in the autumn. 

I'm already seeing us winning a Conference League play-off on 26 August then the club having 5 days to sign all the extra players we need for midweek football until December. What a glorious week that will be. 

I'm already seeing us winning a Conference League play-off on 26 August then the club having 5 days to sign all the extra players we need for midweek football until December. What a glorious week that will be. 

“St Johnstone have signed half of Chelsea’s Reserves on loan”

On 24/05/2021 at 11:31, Zamora Fan said:

Take your pick lads (mines is Prague or Vienna for combo of almost winnable and stunning trip)

PRAGUE

IMG_1685.jpg

PSV

IMG_1686.jpg

GALATASARAY

IMG_1688.jpg

VIENNA

IMG_1691.jpg

MIDTJYLLAND

IMG_1689.jpg

COPENHAGEN

IMG_1690.jpg

Imagine, just imagine a band of 500-1000 of us in any of those this August.

All of those look great.  Prague or Vienna would be good trips, easy to get to as well restrictions aside.  Then Tottenham. A couple of thousand Saints fans ripping the pish out of a bunch of EPL fans sitting on their hands would be magnificent.

Group stage would be great, but if not just give us the biggest opponents with the best trips!

New layer of complicated.

UEFA looking to ban Real Madrid, Barca and Juventus from the CL from next season.

If this happens and Villarreal win the EL tonight then we move up to the EL Playoff round.

30 minutes ago, mizfit said:

UEFA looking to ban Real Madrid, Barca and Juventus from the CL from next season.

If this happens and Villarreal win the EL tonight then we move up to the EL Playoff round.

Ffs the corrupt b*****ds will do anything to help us get European football till Christmas. 

33 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I'd be surprised if either of those things happened tbh.

UEFA aren't exactly known for their bollocks when it comes to the bigger clubs.

I'd be surprised if either of those things happened tbh.
UEFA aren't exactly known for their bollocks when it comes to the bigger clubs.

Usually I’d agree they’d be given a slap on the wrist or given a ban from youth competitions but I think they’re determined to nip the super league in the bud.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Usually I’d agree they’d be given a slap on the wrist or given a ban from youth competitions but I think they’re determined to nip the super league in the bud.

Would banning them from European competitions not actually help these clubs force through a super league?

It's all just puff to try and show the "masses" they're taking a stand, nothing more IMO.