The long arse song thread

GNU_Linux

3 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

I've got a week off work coming up. I think I'll spend it going through this thread.

Aye, we could have done with this during lockdown.

Here's the Blood Incantation song I mentioned earlier - Awakening from the Dream of Existence to the Multidimensional Nature of Our Reality (Mirror of the Soul). I believe there's some kind of Space/Alien Music thread somewhere that this would fit into too. I believe I saw someone wearing a shirt with their logo on the other day, but it's hard to tell with bands in these subgenres of metal.

Perceived wisdom in the business - "Make the first track a short sharp belter to hook them in, then give them the longer stuff later on."

Neil Young (back with the Horse) - "Here's something you might like. Or might not. Either way's cool."

For those of us who get his godlike genius, this was like half an hour in a blissful bath of warm honey. The rest of the album's pretty good, too. As in, a pretty good NY album. Plain English - better than the majority of artists could ever dream of producing. 

If you're not familiar with Neil, just stick this on as background while you're browsing. Thank me later. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

John cage wrote a piece called “as slow as possible” which is currently being performed on the organs n a church in Halbetstat, Germany

this performance is expected to last 640 years 

There was a chord change quite recently iirc.