Released & Out of Contract Players.

On 19/05/2021 at 01:19, Spider Rico said:

Probably a bit early to be posting here but the news out of QP right now is that we have no idea which players are leaving or staying on…………….or indeed who the new manager will be……….or where we will be playing our home games 

"Laurie and I will work together to deliver long-term, sustainable structures and cultures to deliver success to Queen's Park."

Leeann and Laurie have so much fun,

working together to get the sustainable structures and cultures (job) done.

So now at least you know who your manager will be.

Edited by Brummo

4 hours ago, Brummo said:

"Laurie and I will work together to deliver long-term, sustainable structures and cultures to deliver success to Queen's Park."

Leeann and Laurie have so much fun,

Honestly feeling like spewing when I hear people in football talk like clueless middle managers in a bank.

Leanne Dempster is one of the worst for this. Nothing she says ever means anything.

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Honestly feeling like spewing when I hear people in football talk like clueless middle managers in a bank.

Leanne Dempster is one of the worst for this. Nothing she says ever means anything.

I think you are being a bit harsh on clueless middle managers in banks to be honest.

As someone who has taught English (as a second language), my gripe is the repetition of "deliver", but overall that is just a symptom of a statement which is  business "jargonese".

We put up with clichés from players, managers and pundits because they are usually speaking the language of football. 

This is what she could have said...

"We were needin' fresh legs an a thought it was the right time for Laurie tae step up. I'm sure the boy's got what it takes to make a right good go of things at the club. Me and Laurie are gonnae be workin' side-by-side tae ring in the changes needed tae bring mair success on and off the park."

Edited by Brummo

On 26/05/2021 at 12:13, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Sean crighton, Ally Roy, Craig Thomson released from Airdrie.

Also leaving the club are Joshua Burke, James Hughes, Harlain Mbayo, Joseph Moore, Reece Murdoch and Eoghan Stokes.

Skipper Sean among those moving on (airdriefc.com)

Dale Carrick has dropped down to League Two to sign for Stirling Albion. Was he offered a new deal?

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Dale Carrick has dropped down to League Two to sign for Stirling Albion. Was he offered a new deal?

I believe so,  Carrick is a decent player but on the slide,   Stirling are paying good money for Part Time players,    

Adam Livingstone leaves Cove by mutual consent. Interesting to see where he ends up. Was frozen out the squad as our left back Harry Milne is top class and when he was injured we favoured 18 year old loanee Ngwenya.

Sadly no update on Leighton McIntosh leaving yet.

Gone to Clyde

Adam Livingstone leaves Cove by mutual consent. Interesting to see where he ends up. Was frozen out the squad as our left back Harry Milne is top class and when he was injured we favoured 18 year old loanee Ngwenya.
Sadly no update on Leighton McIntosh leaving yet.

Ok not released from a L1 club but sure many would take Harry Cochrane. Mo fans how did you rate him.

I wonder if Hartley's link to Hearts might make him a candidate for us 🤔.

Might well have Championship clubs offering him contracts

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Ok not released from a L1 club but sure many would take Harry Cochrane. Mo fans how did you rate him.
I wonder if Hartley's link to Hearts might make him a candidate for us [emoji848].
Did OK but not a stand out performer for me. Can't imagine we will be after him. Hope he does well and gets his career back on track.

3 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:
19 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:
I wonder if Hartley's link to Hearts might make him a candidate for us emoji848.png.

Did OK but not a stand out performer for me. Can't imagine we will be after him. Hope he does well and gets his career back on track.

Interesting to hear. Sounds like he could be a gamble for his next club (whoever that might be) that could really pay off or conversely might be a disappointment.

On 01/06/2021 at 19:24, CoveRangers1922 said:

I wonder if Hartley's link to Hearts might make him a candidate for us 🤔.

Interesting article on him in the press - 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/exclusive-harry-cochrane-opens-up-on-leaving-hearts-juventus-interest-and-putting-on-weight-as-he-seeks-a-new-club-3257418

7 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

The Development Fee that Hearts are entitled to would be a deal breaker for the majority of Scottish clubs.

Aye, I dare say Cochrane may have shot himself in the foot not taking the year extension. He's not really shown enough for someone to take a risk on paying 6 figures for him.