Released & Out of Contract Players.

On 17/05/2021 at 11:08, The Gable Endie said:

Montrose have only released one player so far:

Lewis Hawke

With Cammy Ballantyne and Russell McLean, the only two players from last year's squad out of contract.

Dillon and the Campbell brothers are also out of contract at the end of the month according to Transfermarkt, but all have Player/Coaching roles, so I assume that will continue.

Edited by VillaKnollBoy

11 hours ago, peternapper said:

Peterhead have released Isaac Layne & Ben Armour

13 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Peterhead have released Ben Armour and Isaac Layne.

Do you not look at the posts before you post?????

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Where are you hearing this from?

Me 😛 It was on our site the other day, we have a number of players resigned & a loan from last season signed on a two year deal but will leave it to somebody else to reveal the details

Probably a bit early to be posting here but the news out of QP right now is that we have no idea which players are leaving or staying on…………….or indeed who the new manager will be……….or where we will be playing our home games 

18 minutes ago, JustDom said:

Thistle release Joe Cardle.

Must have got a better offer elsewhere, don't see why we'd get rid of him otherwise.

McCall made it sound like this is news we’ve given him rather than he’s given us. Tbh he’s 34 now and would have been even more of a fringe player next season, so I don’t think it’s a big surprise.

49 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

McCall made it sound like this is news we’ve given him rather than he’s given us. Tbh he’s 34 now and would have been even more of a fringe player next season, so I don’t think it’s a big surprise.

I must admit the more I've thought about it, I feel like it's no huge loss. I'd completely forgotten about McCall saying he had "one good season left in him" when we resigned him last time.

3 hours ago, JustDom said:

Thistle release Ryan Williamson ahead of (we think) his move to Falkirk.

I think it was M&M that engineered that move if there's any truth to it and they are no longer with us so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen now. We don't have a manager yet so it would be a daft signing. But it's us so you never know.