Released & Out of Contract Players.

There's a thread on the championship page so thought I'd start one for league 1.

So for Falkirk.

Released.

Mark Durnan 

Jay Cantley 

Conor Sammon 

Akeel Francis 

Robbie Leitch 

Aiden Laverty 

Scott Mercer  

Morgaro Gomis  

Out of Contract.

Charlie Telfer (hopefully offered a deal)

Ben Hall (dugshite and hopefully goes)

Aidan Connolly ( injured most of the season, hopefully offered a short term deal to prove his fitness) 

Sean Kelly ( signed a short term deal initially hasn't done enough to merit another) 

Paul Dixon ( getting on a bit, one of our better performers, injured at the minute, keep as a back up) 

Anton Dowds ( unsure of contract length, if it's two years he will still be with us if it's one year he can go, still young but hasn't done enough to suggest he will be a decent player, and has had a couple of injuries)

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Anton Dowds ( unsure of contract length, if it's two years he will still be with us if it's one year he can go, still young but hasn't done enough to suggest he will be a decent player, and has had a couple of injuries)

His contract is up according to transfermarkt. Pretty disappointing season for Anton, just 3 goals in 22 appearances.

22 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

His contract is up according to transfermarkt. Pretty disappointing season for Anton, just 3 goals in 22 appearances.

To be fair to him the majority of those appearances were from the bench and we weren't exactly creating a barrelload of chances up the top end of the park. If he's here next season I hope to see much better stats as he's definitely got a few good attributes.

Edited by FFC 1876

21 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

He's absolutely not a natural finisher. I think we have saw enough to know that. He looks like more a link up guy and for the size of him it's something he should be good at. I'm not convinced by him but if he is still with us next season it'll probably be make or break. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

He's absolutely not a natural finisher. I think we have saw enough to know that. He looks like more a link up guy and for the size of him it's something he should be good at. I'm not convinced by him but if he is still with us next season it'll probably be make or break. 

Aye. I think he's definitely more of a '10' than a '9'. He scored a decent number of goals for us but even then I think a relatively high number were from outside the box and very few from inside the 6 yard box.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Aye. I think he's definitely more of a '10' than a '9'. He scored a decent number of goals for us but even then I think a relatively high number were from outside the box and very few from inside the 6 yard box.

Missed an absolute sitter from about ten yards right in front of goal away at our first visit to Partick. All the time in the world to pick his spot and he hit the post. 

Thistle released a few of our "Development Squad" (whatever the f**k that means), Andy Rodden, Bradley Renfrew, Luke Scullion and Dean Watson. Rodden and Watson could/will do a job in this league.

Missed an absolute sitter from about ten yards right in front of goal away at our first visit to Partick. All the time in the world to pick his spot and he hit the post. 
We had to watch Zak Rudden miss 10 sitters before he came good. The difference was our strikers started getting really good service from wide and the midfield.

Falkirks star man Morrison had one assist all season.

16 hours ago, erty13 said:

We had to watch Zak Rudden miss 10 sitters before he came good. The difference was our strikers started getting really good service from wide and the midfield.

Falkirks star man Morrison had one assist all season.

Our star man this season was Charlie Telfer with 4 goals and 2 assists in 14 games which shows how shit we were. Morrison also had 5 goals along with that 1 assist which you failed to mention.

Our star man this season was Charlie Telfer with 4 goals and 2 assists in 14 games which shows how shit we were. Morrison also had 5 goals along with that 1 assist which you failed to mention.
I was talking about service to your strikers as that looked poor in the games I watched.

Most Falkirk fans thought Morrison was the best player in the league. Yes he chipped in with a few goals (including your penalties) but his number of assists is miles behind Joe Cardle and several other Thistle players.

On 14/05/2021 at 17:20, JustDom said:

Thistle released a few of our "Development Squad" (whatever the f**k that means), Andy Rodden, Bradley Renfrew, Luke Scullion and Dean Watson. Rodden and Watson could/will do a job in this league.

Our out of contract players are Jamie Sneddon, Ryan Williamson (rumoured to have a signed a PCA with Falkirk 😂), Richard Foster, Penrice (rumoured to have signed a PCA with Livingston), Shea Gordon, Charlie Reilly, Connor Murray and Joe Cardle. The club will be making a contract announcement this week.

The loanees who have returned to their parent clubs are Kieran Wright (Rangers), Steven Bell (East Kilbride), Andy. Geggan (BSC Glasgow), Scott Tiffoney (Livingston) and Ross McIver (Motherwell). Transfermkt says that Chris Erskine's loan from East Kilbride was terminated when he got injured. Transfermkt also says that, with the exception of Wright, they are out of contract at the end of the month. 

21 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Our out of contract players are Jamie Sneddon, Ryan Williamson (rumoured to have a signed a PCA with Falkirk 😂), Richard Foster, Penrice (rumoured to have signed a PCA with Livingston), Shea Gordon, Charlie Reilly, Connor Murray and Joe Cardle. The club will be making a contract announcement this week.

The loanees who have returned to their parent clubs are Kieran Wright (Rangers), Steven Bell (East Kilbride), Andy. Geggan (BSC Glasgow), Scott Tiffoney (Livingston) and Ross McIver (Motherwell). Transfermkt says that Chris Erskine's loan from East Kilbride was terminated when he got injured. Transfermkt also says that, with the exception of Wright, they are out of contract at the end of the month. 

Connor Murray's contract is until 2022. Unfortunately.

Of the rest due to expire, I'm not particularly arsed about the majority of them. Richard Foster was very good once play resumed in March, so I'd guess he'll get another deal and I'd be pretty happy if that does happen.

Edited by Nightmare

25 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Connor Murray's contract is until 2022. Unfortunately.

Of the rest due to expire, I'm not particularly arsed about the majority of them. Richard Foster was very good once play resumed in March, so I'd guess he'll get another deal and I'd be pretty happy if that does happen.

I'd forgotten that McCall had given Murray a 2 year deal , a bit risky when money is tight. 

I agree with Foster - his versatility is very useful. Any thoughts on the others who are out of contract? Reilly must be a cert to move on.

It would be good if Niang gets a chance to play in midfield where he did well for Montrose, especially if Penrice leaves. 

Not sure what to make of Lyons who was regarded as real prospect when we signed him. Will McCall give him another chance or punt him?

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Not sure what to make of Lyons who was regarded as real prospect when we signed him. Will McCall give him another chance or punt him?

We’d be more than glad to take him back if he’s punted. Plus McCall played him badly in that last game against us.

11 hours ago, erty13 said:

I was talking about service to your strikers as that looked poor in the games I watched.

Most Falkirk fans thought Morrison was the best player in the league. Yes he chipped in with a few goals (including your penalties) but his number of assists is miles behind Joe Cardle and several other Thistle players.

Utter nonsense.

He may have been good in a decent team but as has been comprehensively proven we were a million miles from being a good team.

No Falkirk fan thought he was the best player in the league.