Jump to content

St. Johnstone vs. Livi


Recommended Posts

Performance of sheer will, that. 

Vital match and you spend the last ten minutes with your 3rd choice keeper, your best RWB as a CB, a winger as a LWB, a CM who hasn't played for 3 months playing the full match, and a 36yo winger up front.

One more battle to get through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very blah. It was all on Livi to win that game and they hardly seemed like they wanted it. We did what we had to do and keep them out. Our passing was the worst this season for me.  Positive was I got to see Zlamal be the only player who has now played for two of the teams I support. That and Kerr doing  some freestyle on the ground at the end

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Utterly fucking embarrassing for us. One win since February. 
 

Martindale needs to take a step back and go back to DoF/Head of Recruitment 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really hope we can get a good week’s training in for most/all of the squad and get our best players back in their best positions for the final. Looked sluggish today and clearly like we had half fit players playing out of position.

That said, Livingston caused us absolutely no problems at all aside from one slip by one of the guys playing out of position. Fair play to Zlamal for that save and even more so to Kerr for the follow up tackle.

Lets hope Eastern Europe/Central Asia are on the green list come July.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The challenge was on us to win it and we weren’t good enough. Fair play to Saints.

I think that game about sums up the fine margins this season. For example, 

St. Mirren: lost out on top 6 on goal difference and in two cup semis.

Livi: lost out on 5th on goal diff and a cup final

St. Johnstone: top 6 on goal diff; 5th on goal diff; and a tough semi against Hibs = 2 trophies(?) and Europe? Tremendous.

I’d like to St Johnstone go on and do the double. Nice to see it mixed up a bit.

Edited by crispy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, crispy said:

The challenge was on us to win it and we weren’t good enough. Fair play to Saints.

I think that game about sums up the fine margins this season. For example, 

St. Mirren: lost out on top 6 on goal difference and in two cup semis.

Livi: lost out on 5th on goal diff and a cup final

St. Johnstone: top 6 on goal diff; 5th on goal diff; and a tough semi against Hibs = 2 trophies(?) and Europe? Tremendous.

I’d like to St Johnstone go on and do the double. Nice to see it mixed up a bit.

Been a really tight league all season, even now 12 points (maybe less after tomorrow)  between Europe and potential relegation. Some of those at the bottom may not be thinking so, but it's good to see teams with something still to play for at this late stage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Shipa said:

Been a really tight league all season, even now 12 points (maybe less after tomorrow)  between Europe and potential relegation. Some of those at the bottom may not be thinking so, but it's good to see teams with something still to play for at this late stage.

You can't seriously be comparing points from the last 5 games surely?

Fair enough it's been fine margins but there is a VERY big difference in the quality of opposition after the split.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Job done. Incredible league season for everyone at the club even before taking the cups into account. A lot of heart and battle on display from Saints today and I think we’ve got what we deserved over the course of the season. 
 

one last push. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You can't seriously be comparing points from the last 5 games surely?

Fair enough it's been fine margins but there is a VERY big difference in the quality of opposition after the split.

Yea, that’s a good point actually. It also works in our favour because we’ve been absolutely gash since the split! Well, our results at least.

Edited by crispy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Martindale will not be in a job come December.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

He reminds me of Lomas, tbh. When its good its good, and when its bad it bad. No consistency, just vibes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Tried to contain them for far too long. Poplatnik should have been hooked about 15 minutes earlier than he was, I don't see what he brings at all. Longridge should have also been off for Serrano as he was having a poor game.

Thank f**k this depressing run is over (at least for a few months).

Yep, was going to post that too.

Knew it would be too little too late with our subs, only attacking subs we had were Mullin, Forrest and Serrano, and he sticks Holt on, FFS. Waited too long with his subs and the game just petered out. Shite from both teams really, but St Johnstone only had to do what they did to get the point, was up to us to try and win it, and we were nowhere near good enough to do so.

Kabia could've/should've nicked it, but we really didn't deserve it the way we played. Credit to St Johnstone for mugging St Mirren for a top 6 spot, then us for 5th place to give them a fall back into Europe if they don't win the Scottish cup. Davidson should be getting the MoTY award, i'd even say Ross deserves runner up for it before Gerrard.

 

Ach well that's it for us this season, back to back top 6, and a cup final defeat, disappointing as the time, but a good season looking back when the dust has settled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

He reminds me of Lomas, tbh. When its good its good, and when its bad it bad. No consistency, just vibes.

That's been every Livi manager since the run we went on with Hopkin :D That's Hopkin, Holt and Martindale down to the base of their management I think

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Still raging at that.

If St Johnstone could find another diddy club to bully next season, that'd be great. Now win the cup, you c***s

We've been trialing yourselves and the Maureens all season. You guys are more magnanimous so I'd be happy for the club to shift our sole focus onto St Mirren next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We've been trialing yourselves and the Maureens all season. You guys are more magnanimous so I'd be happy for the club to shift our sole focus onto St Mirren next season.

Dundee might get promoted yet, remember.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...