St. Johnstone vs. Livi

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:
2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
Yeah think it was one of the first games, we came in off a high in the Betfred groups I'm sure. 

If I'm remembering rightly Keaghan had a shocker that day

Yeah, think Keaghs was at fault for at least one of their goals. In fairness, bad performances from him are so rare...think we've really missed his energy this season

Yeah it's a weird one, wonder if he'd have played much if he didn't get injured. Not sure if we've somewhat outgrown him and are ready to move on or if he'll get back in. Must've been some injury to be out for 12 months

Yeah it's a weird one, wonder if he'd have played much if he didn't get injured. Not sure if we've somewhat outgrown him and are ready to move on or if he'll get back in. Must've been some injury to be out for 12 months
I reckon Holt wouldn't have been signed if Keaghs was fit. Does a similar job but Keaghs is maybe more blood and thunder playing at 100mph

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:
2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I reckon Holt wouldn't have been signed if Keaghs was fit. Does a similar job but Keaghs is maybe more blood and thunder playing at 100mph

Yeah makes sense, reckon Holt is probably a better player as well though but Keaghan probably had a better skill set for the bigger games

Yeah makes sense, reckon Holt is probably a better player as well though but Keaghan probably had a better skill set for the bigger games
I reckon Keaghs suits the way we played better. Holt joining has possibly been one of the reasons we've become slower and more possession based to play to his strengths of dictating play and marshalling the midfield. Personally, I'd rather we got back to the hell for leather approach that brought us so much success plus Keaghs can shoot [emoji23]

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Would that be a Jaffa cake walk then?

Hmm.

That brings me round to is a jaffa cake really a cake? I honestly don't know if it goes hard or soft because they always get eaten straight away in my house.

Open goal for the Kenneth Williams picture right there.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Hmm.

That brings me round to is a jaffa cake really a cake? I honestly don't know if it goes hard or soft because they always get eaten straight away in my house.

Open goal for the Kenneth Williams picture right there.

Right Tam, you asked for it.  They're definitely not cakes.

Something to do with biscuits are classed as a luxury item so full vat has to be paid, whereas cakes are classed as a food item so no vat.  

The crafty orange (flavoured snack making) b*****ds decided to call them cakes to avoid paying tax.  Imagine that eh?!

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Right Tam, you asked for it.  They're definitely not cakes.

Something to do with biscuits are classed as a luxury item so full vat has to be paid, whereas cakes are classed as a food item so no vat.  

The crafty orange (flavoured snack making) b*****ds decided to call them cakes to avoid paying tax.  Imagine that eh?!

DIRTY ORANGE b*****dS.

The positive for Saints is both sides had midweek games that required attention. If Livingston had been able to focus on this game (effectively their cup final) for a full week, it would have been a huge advantage, with Saints caught up in testing and disruption. 

As it is, both clubs have had a couple of days training and whilst Livi will have a fresher squad, Saints are well drilled and most players know the shape inside out. 

Wednesday was probably the poorest result of the season but it was the weakest team we'd fielded and the minds need to focus on the fact only Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen have beaten us since Xmas. If we can find the sort of performance we've produced so often this year, then it'll at least force Livingston to hopefully dig out the sort of performance they've not found for a few months.

He was okay against Celtic, but thats all. 

Hopefully the other 3 who've been missing are able to return. 

He was okay against Celtic, but thats all. 
Hopefully the other 3 who've been missing are able to return. 

Maybe just playing it safe with Parrish.

Here we go, 180 minutes left of an unbelievable season. Let’s make them count.

image.thumb.png.e4fad59f59d2d0e65a6bb65b534a2926.png

No new absentees and Craig, Davidson and May back and starting. We’ve been able to change the 5 midfielders/strikers from Wednesday so the players should at least be reasonably fresh. 

Happy with that. Curious that they've listed that side as if its 4-4-2...

Zlamal

Brown - Kerr - McCart - Booth

Rooney - Davidson - Craig - Wotherspoon

Melamed - May

... but I'd imagine its just a quirk on how its listed more than anything. Loss away to Livi was, im sure, the last time we played 4 at the back.

Hopefully the three players returning are fully fit and in that case, the team is alright. Obviously McCann and Gordon would be playing but to only be a couple of outfield players down on what you might have expected after the last couple of weeks is a relief.

Very nervous about this one I must admit. 

Everyone delighted that Davidson is starting, I'm just shite scared he gets injured.

Would be classic him to put his body on the line in the 90th minute, bag us a winner but get injured at the same time and ruled out the Final.

Can James Brown not play centreback? Surely it would be worth playing him there and letting Rooney do his thing on the right hand side. 

Good looking lineup, certainly hope to get at least the draw and the guarantee of Europe. Obviously want to win the cup and get to Europe that way, but knowing we have 5th to fall back on might take a little bit of pressure off, one less thing to worry about next week.

COYS