St. Johnstone vs. Livi

Hoping St. Johnstone will be tired for this one after 3 games in less than 6 days with a pretty small squad. 

Also hoping we can take advantage of an unsettled team with Clark, McCann and Gordon seemingly out. 

Prediction: 1-0 (Kane, 89).

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Get through this game any way we can undefeated has to be the goal. 

I think we're likely to see Wotherspoon and Melamed start as they were on the bench against Celtic and will be relatively well rested. Craig, May and Parish too, as long as they've not been too badly affected by COVID.

Parish

Rooney Kerr McCart

Brown Bryson Craig Booth

Wotherspoon

Melamed May

Not ideal having to starting Bryson and Booth for the 3rd time in 6 days but I don't think we'll have much of an option. Davidson hasn't started since Rangers away in February and its a big risk playing Gilmour.

Edited by Kyle

Need to score the opening goal or it'll be all over if St Johnstone go ahead. Equally important Martindale sets us up to try and win this, no messing around with the shape of our team to try and stop a St Johnstone player scoring. Just play to our own strengths and attack their goal.

Despite Kabia missing a sitter against Sevco i'd still start him, he's a livewire that makes things happen, reckon he'll wind Rooney right up too.

Need to play as strong a side as possible, but no idea what state those who have been isolating are in.

Kyle's side above probably the best we can hope for, perhaps Kane will start ahead of May though if he's not fucked after Wednesday.

Big effort for 90 minutes then they have a week to recover/prepare for the Final.

Regardless of possible absences for Saints here, can't see us winning here. Would be nice to see us at least have a go, though, after some of Martindale's tactical setups in big games.

Not to go all 'but we were in League 1 five years ago!!!!11', but I think if you'd offered any Livingston fan the chance of 5th and possible European football* going into the last game of the season when Holt got punted, every single one would've taken it. That it's still in our own hands sums up how this season has actually panned out for us.

16 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

If we win this St Johnstone will win the cup. Nothing will be more obvious. 

Absolute NAP.

I said weeks ago, to a few OF supporting pals of mine, that we wouldn't win another point this season. I'm now of the opinion that we will win tomorrow, but St Johnstone will win the cup. 

As RG says, best possible team here. Two big, big games to finish the season and we need a result in one of them at the very least.

Clark

Rooney Kerr McCart

Brown Bryson Craig Booth

Wotherspoon May/Kane Melamed

Real shame to lose Rooney as an attacking option if we are indeed missing Gordon but we’re kind of forced into that situation.

4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Hoping St. Johnstone will be tired for this one after 3 games in less than 6 days with a pretty small squad. 

Also hoping we can take advantage of an unsettled team with Clark, McCann and Gordon seemingly out. 

Prediction: 1-0 (Kane, 89).

Clark, McCann, Gordon and O'Halloran definitely out. May, Craig, Davidson and Parish just back into training. Training has been on/off for two weeks, I just hope we can fill the bench. Livingston will not have a better opportunity to win a game.

We were in the same situation against Killie a few months back, and still lost, so can't take anything for granted here. We'll need to take care of our own business and not be influenced with what St Johnstone are doing, weakened team or not, they've got quality players available and it wont be a cake walk.

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:
12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
We're going to go 2-0 up and end up drawing it 2-2 like we did a few (maybe last season?) seasons ago emoji3.png 

Last season....Dykes missed a late penalty to win it

COVID has absolutely destroyed my time perception :D Feels like ages ago that we were outside this league

COVID has absolutely destroyed my time perception [emoji3] Feels like ages ago that we were outside this league
I know, feels like we've no been at the stadium for years. That draw was pretty early on last year if I remember right

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
COVID has absolutely destroyed my time perception emoji3.png Feels like ages ago that we were outside this league

I know, feels like we've no been at the stadium for years. That draw was pretty early on last year if I remember right

Yeah think it was one of the first games, we came in off a high in the Betfred groups I'm sure. 

If I'm remembering rightly Keaghan had a shocker that day

Yeah think it was one of the first games, we came in off a high in the Betfred groups I'm sure. 

If I'm remembering rightly Keaghan had a shocker that day
Yeah, think Keaghs was at fault for at least one of their goals. In fairness, bad performances from him are so rare...think we've really missed his energy this season