Don't Pish on Our Chips. Rangers vs Aberdeen

The season that started vs A'deen finishes with our sheepy pals visiting Ibrox on Saturday.

Nothing really at stake for either team but we'd love a season of home wins and to break 100 points.  Dolly would love to take the gloss off our season.

1-0 would be fine with a goal like our season opener which became a bit of trafemark this year:

Edited by The_Kincardine

Cant wait for this to be honest, what an occasion it’s going to be! Just a shame we aren’t able to be in the stadium to celebrate properly.

The game will take care of itself, I’m just looking forward to a party!

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Enjoy your day lads, doubt many dons fans will be watching.

Ever the optimist, I’ll be watching. Actually, whatever the game, if Aberdeen are playing on TV I could never not watch. I know that it’s everyones personal choice, but can’t really understand any football fan not wanting to watch their team play regardless of circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ever the optimist, I’ll be watching. Actually, whatever the game, if Aberdeen are playing on TV I could never not watch. I know that it’s everyones personal choice, but can’t really understand any football fan not wanting to watch their team play regardless of circumstances. 

You’re a better fan than me joey. Enjoy. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’re a better fan than me joey. Enjoy. 

Not alluding that I’m a better fan than anyone, but I’ve always been like this. I used to come off the train in the early seventies, walk past the Tivoli bingo hall on the way to Pittodrie and couldn’t understand why folk would be queuing up to go into the bingo when the Dons were at home..

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not alluding that I’m a better fan than anyone, but I’ve always been like this. I used to come off the train in the early seventies, walk past the Tivoli bingo hall on the way to Pittodrie and couldn’t understand why folk would be queuing up to go into the bingo when the Dons were at home..

I was like that in the 60s. Then the penny dropped why...

I'm hoping for a repeat of the last day of the season of 1967/68. Or even 1958/59.

Nearly champions again, it's been a long wait and a lot of ups and downs.

With both teams having nothing to play for I can see this being like a bounce game, Simpson to still pick up a booking tho...

2 - 2 with Morelos and Kent scoring for us, finishing the season on 100 points.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I didn’t mean to be flippant. It’s impressive, I’ve watched nearly every game this season but this one is a step too far. 

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was like that in the 60s. Then the penny dropped why...

I'm hoping for a repeat of the last day of the season of 1967/68. Or even 1958/59.

I’m was too young to remember 1958/59, but I’ve just read on the Heritage site that Rangers were booed off at the end. A repeat in the streets around Ibrox on Saturday?

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I didn’t mean to be flippant. It’s impressive, I’ve watched nearly every game this season but this one is a step too far. 

Certainly not getting at you, as I said,  everyone’s different and can choose their own path. You’re going to f*ck*ng furious with yourself if we win though.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m was too young to remember 1958/59, but I’ve just read on the Heritage site that Rangers were booed off at the end. A repeat in the streets around Ibrox on Saturday?

So am I, but it's a result that's always stuck in my head after reading about it in Hugh Taylor's Scottish Football Book. The ironic thing was the Dons didn't need to win (to avoid relegation) as results elsewhere meant they would have been safe even had they lost. Celtic "won" Rangers the league by beating Hearts, the first of their losing-the-league-on the-last-day-of-the-season efforts.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Indeed.

Even when Brendan's team were hitting 4 or 5 past us at home I'd drag myself to the screen.

How do you see Saturday's game panning out?  I watched about half of your game last night and you looked a bit ponderous.

55 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

I think I can say with some degree of confidence that I speak for all of Scotland, apart from the Rangers lot and @MJC, when I say get fucking intae them Aberdeen.

Can't believe that you're not backing us, it's completely ruined the feel good factor.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.

Even when Brendan's team were hitting 4 or 5 past us at home I'd drag myself to the screen.

How do you see Saturday's game panning out?  I watched about half of your game last night and you looked a bit ponderous.

Everything points to a straightforward Rangers win. We struggle to score, and although we made quite a few chances last night, all were wasted rather than well defended. Looking for a result similar to when we spoiled Celtic’s title party at Celtic Park three years ago.

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Certainly not getting at you, as I said,  everyone’s different and can choose their own path. You’re going to f*ck*ng furious with yourself if we win though.

I doubt it. A win means little to nothing. Other than some young guys impressing this is about as dead rubber as they come.