9 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

I have heard about a winter break this season, I know it is confirmed form SPFL but just wondered if anyone has heard this would also be the case further down the tiers? Thanks 

SPFL announced their Premiership winter break is returning next season; usual 2 weekends in mid-January so the big boys can jet away to Med and Middle East.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/start-dates-for-202122

Otherwise it's unheard of (unless you count certain non-leagues sometimes having Christmas weekend off).

I would be hopeful that the league encourages clubs to play games at non regular times (ie Friday/Sunday) throughout the season including over Christmas and new year when in the juniors there was a shut down. I know players are part time and need time with their family but consequently there is a chance for clubs to bring in fans. A balance could be found imo.

6 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I would be hopeful that the league encourages clubs to play games at non regular times (ie Friday/Sunday) throughout the season including over Christmas and new year when in the juniors there was a shut down. I know players are part time and need time with their family but consequently there is a chance for clubs to bring in fans. A balance could be found imo.

The WoSFL Premier Division has 38 matches to fit in, plus some teams potentially taking part in four cup competitions.

There won't be any room for a winter shutdown in my opinion.

The WoSFL Premier Division has 38 matches to fit in, plus some teams potentially taking part in four cup competitions.
There won't be any room for a winter shutdown in my opinion.

Sorry, just to be clear I was be generic. There was never a winter shutdown in the juniors but there was a we don’t play on public holidays. So when you could (weather permitting!) play games you weren’t actively encouraged or outright blocked from doing so. Example we wanted to play on a midweek afternoon on a public holiday between Christmas and new year to play catch up but were told no. I am hoping that won’t be the case in the WOSFL.

54 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Sorry, just to be clear I was be generic. There was never a winter shutdown in the juniors but there was a we don’t play on public holidays. So when you could (weather permitting!) play games you weren’t actively encouraged or outright blocked from doing so. Example we wanted to play on a midweek afternoon on a public holiday between Christmas and new year to play catch up but were told no. I am hoping that won’t be the case in the WOSFL.

I 100% agree, Christmas and New Year both on Saturdays this year, there should be something on. 

29 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

9 clubs with floodlights plus Kilwinning coming soon, surely will make a difference this season in terms of getting all the games played.

Is that 9 clubs with floodlights in the home ground.

I'm guessing the 14 new clubs have access to floodlights plus those ground sharing.

Over 30 teams with access to floodlights, correct?

Care will be taken by the Fixtures Secretary not to penalise clubs who have floodlights by giving them too many midweek home matches, meaning reduced income from the lack of home matches on Saturdays.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

If 2 teams want to play. I'll be happy to schedule it. As long as I can get a referree, I'll put a game on anytime, any day, any place.

15 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Care will be taken by the Fixtures Secretary not to penalise clubs who have floodlights by giving them too many midweek home matches, meaning reduced income from the lack of home matches on Saturdays.

Just to clarify for the hard of hearing, Rutherglen Glencairn have floodlights.

24 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Is that 9 clubs with floodlights in the home ground.

I'm guessing the 14 new clubs have access to floodlights plus those ground sharing.

Over 30 teams with access to floodlights, correct?

Was only referring to the Premier Division as those clubs are playing more games than the Conferences, and more likely to go further in cups.

It's 15 from the Conferences plus Girvan soon.

19 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Just to clarify for the hard of hearing, Rutherglen Glencairn have floodlights.

Really?! 👀😂

35 minutes ago, Kennie said:

If 2 teams want to play. I'll be happy to schedule it. As long as I can get a referree, I'll put a game on anytime, any day, any place.

Common sense in football? It’ll never catch on...