The 2021/2022 Championship

1 minute ago, renton said:

Telling you with a degree of uncertainty.

Ok, well one of their decent players belongs to them then.

Edit - I'm not trying to knock Queens here, i just go the impression from their fans that it was their Rangers loanees who were their best players this season.

Edited by TheScarf

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

What happened with Fitzpatrick with QOS last season ? Did he play much ? Has he gone back to Norwich?

His attitude left much to be desired, and for a supposed winger he seemed to completely lack the ability to gain or retain control of the ball.  At first I thought our notorious plastic pitch wasn't doing him any favours but he didn't seem to be any better on grass.

He reminded me of the old Ron Atkinson chestnut:  "he can trap a ball further than most players can pass it"

3 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

What happened with Fitzpatrick with QOS last season ? Did he play much ? Has he gone back to Norwich?

Has his moments,  but just too few and far between and as others have said there's a question mark over his attitude. Goes missing too often.

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Edit - I'm not trying to knock Queens here, i just go the impression from their fans that it was their Rangers loanees who were their best players this season.

Nope - Maxwell was a good find at LB Breen came in second half lots to learn at CB, Mebude & Dickson disappointing. 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Has his moments,  but just too few and far between and as others have said there's a question mark over his attitude. Goes missing too often.

That’s a shame. He was outstanding with us before going to Norwich.

Weren't all Queens decent players this season the loanees?
Nah. Breen improved us, Maxwell was a solid mainstay, Mebude had his moments and was more good than bad but his final ball let him down too often, Jones was very good. Dickson was garbage, Fitzpatrick was more shit than good and Robinson was sent back.

So about half of them were decent. Maxwell will likely win/won our young player of the year award mind you and if Jones had been with us from the beginning he would have been in with a shout of winning PotY IMO. Gibson and Shields were better throughout the season though.

That’s a shame. He was outstanding with us before going to Norwich.
I was absolutely buzzing when we signed him and he did show in small glimpses he has quality 'in his locker' but it was nowhere near often enough. Compare him with Jones from Boro on loan and they are night and day. Unless something drastically changes only one of these players will ever get a game in the English Championship. Fitzpatrick will likely end up at a team like Motherwell in the not too distant future.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Our top scorer in the league,  Obileye, wasn't a loanee either.  He is another who could maybe have picked up a few POTY votes if his form hadn't dipped a bit near the end of the season. He got a move to the Premiership with Livingston. (Probably coincidence that his form dipped when he was involved in talks with them, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though) 

On 13/05/2021 at 13:00, Otis Blue said:

...... almost confirmed now .....

Those going for glory ....

Hamilton

Dundee or Killie 

Dunfermline

Partick Thistle

In with a shout of the good play-offs ....

Raith Rovers

ICT

Trying to avoid the bad play-offs or a guaranteed ticket to the seaside ....

Ayr United (or in the group above?)

Arbroath

QOS

Morton

Is this how the bookies will see it? Or is it too early to tell, pending recruitment or arrival of rich sugar daddies? 🤔

Made an arse of using the quote there on my phone but you get my drift.....

Get your drift but yes, it’s far too early to judge most of it. Hamilton and Killie/Dundee would expect to be fighting it out at the top - although Dundee could self destruct if they stay down - but the rest, who knows? Arbroath are two good strikers short of comfortable mid-table.

Irrespective of which teams are in next season's Championship,  I hope whoever is responsible for listing them in the Championship Forum Heading  can at least list them in proper alphabetical order,  not like this season.  Hint: Q comes before R. 

7 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

Why does a shite club like QOS dominate this and other threads?

You obviously don't get the irony of your post, coming on to talk about  QoS whilst complaining about QoS "dominating"  threads. 

Anyway, Here's how it works, if  someone comes on and asks a question or makes a comment about a team, others come on to respond to that question/comment. It's up to others to post things concerning other clubs if they don't want just one club "dominating"  threads as you put it. If you don't like it ignore it. You could maybe post some things interesting about  your club,  whichever one that is,  instead of stressing about another team dominating threads.