The 2021/2022 Championship

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I don’t see Hamilton being a title contender. I think they will struggle and finish between 5th and 7th.

It'll depend who they keep, tbf.

Fulton, McMann, Easton, Hamilton, Odoffin, Martin, Callachan and Templeton are all players you could see challenging for the title.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It'll depend who they keep, tbf.

Fulton, McMann, Easton, Hamilton, Odoffin, Martin, Callachan and Templeton are all players you could see challenging for the title.

Yeah that’s a fair point. How many of them will want to stay though? I’m sure a few of them will get offers to go elsewhere.

QOS might be a bit stronger if the Dykes windfall is still there plus no Stephen Dobbie outlay.
Yes I can't wait for the "couple of quality players" to come in in place of Dobbie next season. The thousands and thousands of pounds spent on Dobbie every week will surely only benefit the playing squad next season and as a result I fully expect us to be fighting at the top end of the table.

Being a selfish c**t I hope PPV does continue purely because my work pattern stops me from attending away games. 

Even over this curtailed season I've managed to take in around 3 or 4 times the amount of QOS  matches that I would normally see in the flesh over a full season.  I'd be happy to pay full admission price for the streaming of games I can't get to.

8 hours ago, stan3600 said:

I hope Arbroath win it and Dundee get relegated.

If you relax a little, I'm glad I inspire you but Stan - 
Why are you so mad? Try to understand, that I do want you as a fan. 

9 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Being a selfish c**t I hope PPV does continue purely because my work pattern stops me from attending away games. 

Even over this curtailed season I've managed to take in around 3 or 4 times the amount of QOS  matches that I would normally see in the flesh over a full season.  I'd be happy to pay full admission price for the streaming of games I can't get to.

This ^^^^^

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
On 13/05/2021 at 13:21, Rob1885 said:
QOS might be a bit stronger if the Dykes windfall is still there plus no Stephen Dobbie outlay.

Yes I can't wait for the "couple of quality players" to come in in place of Dobbie next season. The thousands and thousands of pounds spent on Dobbie every week will surely only benefit the playing squad next season and as a result I fully expect us to be fighting at the top end of the table.

I get your point here, but I'm not suggesting we'll ever replace the quality of Dobbie (and I'm one of his biggest fans) but sometimes we have to look forwards not back. Stephen's only got another year in him at most, and that's likely to be even more injury prone and so the more pragmatic view might say use his budget to fund a couple of promising youngsters and yes that's a risk as they may not develop into what we hope,  but that's fitba isn't it?

On 13/05/2021 at 15:53, stan3600 said:

As the only part time team in the division we’ll be the bookies’ favourite for relegation, but on the other hand we’re much less likely to have a bad run, sack our manager and go into meltdown. 

Arbroath might be favourites for relegation with the bookies, but whoever emerges from the Championship play-off are the realistic favourites to go down. All evidence points to Airdrie requiring a significant turnover to be competitive at this level - which they might pull off if their weird show club model works but probably not. 

Morton are completing a fan takeover regardless of this week's football which then requires a whole set of policies and appointments to be made from the chief executive down to the first team squad. We would need to get nearly every one of those right after such a delayed start to be competitive and I don't expect the new ownership model - or any other - to be that good and lucky with their decision-making. 

On 13/05/2021 at 21:54, Robbo63 said:

I think Ayr will have a decent season , don’t think new owner and director will be shy with a budget to ensure no repeat of season just past 

You weren't shy with your budget in handing out two year deals to donkeys like Jack Baird last summer and were still gubbins. 

Edited by vikingTON

On 13/05/2021 at 22:18, PB1994 said:

Yeah that’s a fair point. How many of them will want to stay though? I’m sure a few of them will get offers to go elsewhere.

Thing about Accies is that in recent years at least they've regularly brought through young local talent to fill the gaps as others move on.

When my youngest lad was playing in the Lanarkshire Boys leagues there were often Accies coaches/scouts at the games and they'd have their own sides in there too.  They didn't miss much. Is this still the case? Don't know. 

On 15/05/2021 at 08:11, Otis Blue said:

I get your point here, but I'm not suggesting we'll ever replace the quality of Dobbie (and I'm one of his biggest fans) but sometimes we have to look forwards not back. Stephen's only got another year in him at most, and that's likely to be even more injury prone and so the more pragmatic view might say use his budget to fund a couple of promising youngsters and yes that's a risk as they may not develop into what we hope,  but that's fitba isn't it?

What happened with Fitzpatrick with QOS last season ? Did he play much ? Has he gone back to Norwich?

What happened with Fitzpatrick with QOS last season ? Did he play much ? Has he gone back to Norwich?
I think he was on loan with us last season. Apart from a couple of decent moments you'd forgive our fans for forgetting he was here.

On 14/05/2021 at 21:55, 19QOS19 said:
On 13/05/2021 at 13:21, Rob1885 said:

Surely not too early to start the QoS Promotion Juggernaut Thread. 

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

I think he was on loan with us last season. Apart from a couple of decent moments you'd forgive our fans for forgetting he was here.

^^^^ This.  What a disappointment his signing proved.  Started off decent enough early season imo but turned out to be as frustrating as feck.  The odd goal and pieces of good attacking play were lost in the sea of apparent  apathy and shitbaggery that I'll remember him for.