The 2021/2022 Championship

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

New variant yes and also just sheer-minded pessimism and long-term depression!

Understandable. My take on the, what feels like, constant push back on relaxation is that they are determined to make sure as many are fully vaccinated first so as to reduce the likelihood of having to lock down again. Aside from having to have booster injections and possible minor restriction e.g. masks or distancing in certain settings, I think we’ll be fine.

FYI, Raith had 600 allowed today to remain within COVID restrictions. We were only using the North Stand for fans, with a nominal capacity of 3,370. Family were allowed in a small section of the Railway Stand, but I do not believe they were past of the 600 number. That puts us right at 17.8% of the stand’s capacity, but makes it clear that without other changes, at Level 0, we probably couldn’t accommodate 2,000 fans in compliance with the current rules. The Main Stand was generally given to the team players, officials, etc last year, so adding the South Stand, and a few in the Railway Stand, would allow us to accommodate perhaps 1,300 or so.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Thistle being 9s is mental. The bulk of a squad of struggled for 2/3 of the season in League1. Could probably throw a net over the last 6 and could finish in any order. 

I don’t think it’s mental at all. 4th or 5th favourite with the squad we’ve got on paper feels pretty much bang on.

McCall has shipped out a good few of the hopeless diddies who put us in that position in 19/20, and has signed well to replace them (Tiffoney and Turner especially).

I’m normally the most pessimistic of Jags fans, but I’d say that mid-table is realistic for us this season and I’d be very disappointed if we weren’t at least 6th.

Absolutely no chance should Accies be 2nd favourite with the bookies [emoji23]

Our squad is weaker as it stands than last season & IMO we are much more likely to be bottom half than top half.

Odds on Accies finishing bottom could be decent bet if anyone thinks we will do a Thistle & go down again.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Thistle being 9s is mental. The bulk of a squad of struggled for 2/3 of the season in League1. Could probably throw a net over the last 6 and could finish in any order. 

There's no chance of Inverness or Raith finishing 10th. Can see why Hamilton start out at such a short price but they deserve be right in the middle of the pack instead.