The 2021/2022 Championship

4 hours ago, Flash said:

This is how to get a vaccination certificate. If you didn’t get an appointment letter, you can set up an account or phone the helpline and they will send out the certificate. You’re not supposed to phone your surgery.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

This is the app that I had to use to prove I had received 2 jags before being allowed into Wembley on Friday night , it takes 2 minutes to complete,  and you get proof on your phone instantly, it says up to 21 days if you want a letter , 5 of us asked for letter and all got within 4 days 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:if the 2m social distancing requirement is not relaxed.

I was thinking they had dropped that to 1m in outdoor arenas, but perhaps I misunderstood. As for capacity, using wishful thinking and measuring, we noodled about 17% of limit was the maximum usable seating capacity of a regular, square or rectangular stand. If it is a hard 2m, that will drop further, however pod seating might improve the numbers in a similar manner.

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I was thinking they had dropped that to 1m in outdoor arenas, but perhaps I misunderstood. As for capacity, using wishful thinking and measuring, we noodled about 17% of limit was the maximum usable seating capacity of a regular, square or rectangular stand. If it is a hard 2m, that will drop further, however pod seating might improve the numbers in a similar manner.

It absolutely remains 2m and the JRG wrote to all clubs last week reminding them so.

In your calculations did you factor out the areas of the stands that are unusable because they need to be retained as Red Zone seating for subs? Or access to distanced changing? Rovers I imagine would lose use of the Main Stand to the pitch side of the Directors Box entirely. However, given the two big stands behind each goal I imagine they'll get to the Level 1 limits and maybe beyond on application. Much bigger issue for the 3 or 4 clubs with comparatively few seats though.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It absolutely remains 2m and the JRG wrote to all clubs last week reminding them so.

In your calculations did you factor out the areas of the stands that are unusable because they need to be retained as Red Zone seating for subs? Or access to distanced changing? Rovers I imagine would lose use of the Main Stand to the pitch side of the Directors Box entirely. However, given the two big stands behind each goal I imagine they'll get to the Level 1 limits and maybe beyond on application. Much bigger issue for the 3 or 4 clubs with comparatively few seats though.

Thanks. No, the 17% was a squishy estimate and didn’t include loss of any rows to the red zone…and we would have to back the players in the seats out as well. However, as noted, if you can seat decent sized parties in pods, capacity could be quite a bit higher too.

The fundamental reality is that Scottish Football, and its stadia, are simply not constituted to support any really effective social distancing AND any decent number of fans at the same time. Given the discussions I’ve seen on a general matter like proving vaccinations in the UK, I expect that at some point an honour system will be rolled out for allowing more closely packed stands, and then violated by some of the “vaccines are bad” crowd, and that will then result in a further clampdown to everyone’s detriment. At least the people in the UK seem to realize the threat of the Delta variant, where there are swarths of the US that are fat, dumb and happy while sitting at less than 30% vaccination rates.

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Are they not announcing changes to distancing rules later? Some Scot Gov review during FM statement?

23 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Are they not announcing changes to distancing rules later? Some Scot Gov review during FM statement?

There is an update due on 28th June. There's a general assumption it will be reduced, though to be honest where it exists at all, it's not going to make massive amounts of difference for the clubs with significantly limited seating.

46 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Dear god, can we discuss football please?

You don’t think how many home or away fans clubs may be allowed next season is relevant to this thread? It’s hardly like folk are sitting here discussing Greek mythology.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

You don’t think how many home or away fans clubs may be allowed next season is relevant to this thread? It’s hardly like folk are sitting here discussing Greek mythology.

We could start a side discussion of what Greek mythological figures are applicable to various stadia and clubs. Like Tartarus being the representative of the bathrooms at any of several clubs…Eris, the goddess of Hearts…or Pan, the god of Brechin City.

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

More chance of us winning the league. 

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not a fucking chance, sadly.

Bottom of paragraph of this article suggests otherwise. 

A8A4D636-D1E0-4D34-A842-24898CB6DF3D.png

24 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yes, that is reliant on latest data supporting the restrictions being removed which I don’t think will happen.

Even if they do, I fully expect some form of restrictions by November/December again so it would be a short-term measure.

What major change do you see happening in the next few weeks/months that would cause this? A vaccine resistant variant which causes a big increase in hospitalisations/deaths is the only plausible thing I can see. None of the data seems to point at that being a realistic danger.

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

What major change do you see happening in the next few weeks/months that would cause this? A vaccine resistant variant which causes a big increase in hospitalisations/deaths is the only plausible thing I can see. None of the data seems to point at that being a realistic danger.

New variant yes and also just sheer-minded pessimism and long-term depression!