The 2021/2022 Championship

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’m all for Peter Grant being an arrogant b*****d tbh, as much as I think he’s the wrong appointment. Crawford’s interviews sounded like he’d had his charisma removed at birth.

He fucking reeks of Gary Caldwell.

You'll be bottom by Christmas and he'll be blaming the players for being too thick to follow his tactical instructions.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Well done to Dundee for escaping from the mire but they will need a major recruitment job it they can stay up.

Kilmarnock and Hamilton will still have decent budgets and will want to get back up rapid and Partick Thistle have rediscovered a winning momentum and look strong. it would be easy to assume these three would be the ones fighting it out for the title. I wouldn't expect any of the other seven teams to strengthen that much to be a factor in the title race, which ever team comes out less shite than the pack will finish in the other playoff, that could be anyone.

With a stronger Partick Thistle in the league replacing the finally flushed jobby that is Alloa Athletic most clubs would be pushed down at least one place in the table from last season.

Assumption being that with two top flight teams coming down and one potential coming up the standard in the league would improve slightly, other seven clubs like seven drunks falling over each other scrambling on an escalator/conveyor belt with a skip at the bottom labelled League One trying not to end up on their arse for too long and the inevitable fall into the bin.

Early days and see what the summer recruitment is like.

Looking forward to getting to games in the new season

It seems like so long now since I've been to watch football at a ground, I miss the traveling and the whole day out experience in visiting the cities and towns and walking around exploring before the game.

It’s a wild take that the 7 current championship teams are complete dogshit yet also trying to describe the team in League 1 as some sort of peak Brazil side.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He fucking reeks of Gary Caldwell.

Steady on, no one’s that bad.

Grant is no doubt a weak and surprising appointment, but there’s at least a chance it might work out ok there with a relatively strong squad. That just wasn’t the case with Caldwell, where twenty minutes watching them was enough to confirm he was doomed.

On 29/05/2021 at 14:17, 1320Lichtie said:

We’re a bigger club than Alloa but Alloa are very well backed by Mulraney. 

Difference is I think we have the best back 4 and goalkeeper available at part time level and a solid reliable group of versatile experienced pros in midfield too. Our squads all a good age. We lacked a killer instinct and cutting edge at the start of the season and we managed to get that from loanees.

I'd agree with the point that Arbroath are a slightly bigger club and it's something I've always said, particularly when Arbroath beat us at The Recs the season before last and some Alloa supporters were having palpitations about it, like we had some kind of divine right to win the game.

Arbroath may have a slightly bigger budget but would imagine there isnt too much in it at all.

The difference between the clubs I dont think was huge in their 2 seasons together in the Championship. In the first season Arbroath benefitted from being a bit if a surprise package early on, but when covid stopped the season we were in great form. Always going to be a what if, but I think we had a good chance of getting a lot closer to them. 

Last season, both teams had their bad moments but I think Campbell utilised the loan market far more effectively. Both very similar in having a long serving core of players, and I think at part time level that's been the main element of their successes. But our normally solid defence leaked like a sieve whereas Arbroaths held a lot better. 

Arbroath did really well to preserve their place in the Championship. Certainly no bitterness between the supporters from what I've seen- more of an alliance against the "big guns" in my experience. I hope they do well again next season, I have a lot of time for the manager and many of their players.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Could go either two ways. Grant will either look like a total fud or 99% of Pars fans will. I hope it’s the latter and we do well, obviously, but I’m not getting my hopes up. It’s done now so no use moaning constant. We’ll wait and see how we recruit over the summer. Think we have a pretty decent base at the club, but I really hope we don’t loan about 50 young guys from Celtic again. Don’t mind one or two as squad players, but we need to get players that will take us to the next level, ideally with a bit of experience at getting promoted. Grant seems to believe our budget puts us in a potion to be challenging for first, so I’m looking forward to see who we bring in.

3 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I'd agree with the point that Arbroath are a slightly bigger club and it's something I've always said, particularly when Arbroath beat us at The Recs the season before last and some Alloa supporters were having palpitations about it, like we had some kind of divine right to win the game.

Arbroath may have a slightly bigger budget but would imagine there isnt too much in it at all.

The difference between the clubs I dont think was huge in their 2 seasons together in the Championship. In the first season Arbroath benefitted from being a bit if a surprise package early on, but when covid stopped the season we were in great form. Always going to be a what if, but I think we had a good chance of getting a lot closer to them. 

Last season, both teams had their bad moments but I think Campbell utilised the loan market far more effectively. Both very similar in having a long serving core of players, and I think at part time level that's been the main element of their successes. But our normally solid defence leaked like a sieve whereas Arbroaths held a lot better. 

Arbroath did really well to preserve their place in the Championship. Certainly no bitterness between the supporters from what I've seen- more of an alliance against the "big guns" in my experience. I hope they do well again next season, I have a lot of time for the manager and many of their players.

Personally don’t have any bitterness towards any other team just now. Just hope we can continue to push on. Change in us as a clubs been massive since the new boards come in, town genuinely right behind the team. Arbroath tops everywhere. If we dropped into league 1 think we’d still get over 1000 home fans in through the gates when allowed back. It’s night and day from 6/7/8 years ago. I am buzzing with it. DC huge part of that what a job he’s done. Him and new board just come together at the right time, there’ll obviously be hard and shit times to come but off the park everything’s now in place. What a bunch of lads like. 

Alloa did do my tits in a wee bit but that was more through jealousy. So that’s a compliment. Maybe see you again soon.

I’m looking forward to next season with no real idea what teams will battle it out at both ends of the table, apart from a sneaking feeling it could be Dunfermline’s year. 
My only downside is the number of plastic pitches as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a good football match on one. 

9 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I’m looking forward to next season with no real idea what teams will battle it out at both ends of the table, apart from a sneaking feeling it could be Dunfermline’s year. 
My only downside is the number of plastic pitches as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a good football match on one. 

Guessing you didn’t take in our 5-1 demolition of Dunfermline that was live on the tele then? 

Bah, it's a bit on an arsey thing to say, but not just in terms of chat on here, I'm a bit pissed off we're going up. - I'd love to be going to away days to every ground in the  Championship, playing new teams at Tynecastle, with the possibility of us scoring a few goals (I mean, we'll still have that arse Robbie, but you've got to be positive for a new season).

Instead, we'll be trailing round the same grounds we've been trailing round for years, watching us grinding out 1-0 wins (and similarly dull 1-0 defeats), shit no scoring draws and the only time we see a goal fest is when one of the Old Firm hump us.

Like I say, I know it's arsey to say it, and promotion is obviously the goal for any Championship team, Hearts included - but Christ, Premiership football in Scotland is a total shitfest of boredom/horror most years. 

As for what happens in the Championship, of the teams still in the league I was most impressed by Dunfermline. They need a better keeper, I think, and to hold on to as many of their players as they can but I'd expect them to be challenging. No idea why Peter ('my dv is so impressive I don't put it in, because it would blow everyone else away') Grant got the job on the back of taking Alloa down, but he does like to play positive attacking football, and with better players, that might work. They, Partick (bit of cash, sense of injustice), Raith and the teams coming down are surely the teams most likely to make the playoff/promotion slots.

Edited by lennyzer0

Bit early too predict league positions most teams still got a number of players to sign , Killie will do well winning  the league with their current squad of around 8 players 

Edited by Finlay21

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Most folk didn’t since very few people watch the live Championship games.

Bet you wish you hadn’t watched it either to be fair.....😂

I tried to watch the majority of the games actually. It’s good being able to see games on the tele that involve your own league. But each to their own...

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Bet you wish you hadn’t watched it either to be fair.....😂

I tried to watch the majority of the games actually. It’s good being able to see games on the tele that involve your own league. But each to their own...

I didn’t see the game actually, was out with a friend.

I did watch the goalless draw with Dundee and it was probably the most horrific game I’ve seen in some time.