Preseasonwatch 2021

15 hours ago, Ginaro said:

East Fife 15-0 v Burntisland - from what I can see I think that was Shippy's first friendly in a month, only one more game before the season starts (home v Blackburn).

Is that coming from the SFA / Scot Gov? 

From looking at Twitter it seems there's more clubs saying masks on entry/exit than those following the EOS rules and saying masks at all times.

We play them Saturday.

Re masks, from what I have seen people are using their common sense, taking them off when they're at the standing/seating spot, but putting them on when going to the toilet/pie hut. That is basically what everyone did at the Euros.  The rule really needs updated as the risk outdoors is absolutely minimal, particularly if there's only a hundred or so in the ground.

Edited by Burnieman

14 hours ago, Ginaro said:

East Fife 15-0 v Burntisland - from what I can see I think that was Shippy's first friendly in a month, only one more game before the season starts (home v Blackburn).

Burntisland played on 16/6 away against Kirkcaldy & Dysart. I was there, a spectacular 5-5 draw.

48 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

We play them Saturday.

Re masks, from what I have seen people are using their common sense, taking them off when they're at the standing/seating spot, but putting them on when going to the toilet/pie hit. That is basically what everyone did at the Euros.  The rule really needs updated as the risk outdoors is absolutely minimal, particularly if there's only a hundred or so in the ground.

Burnie, you will know more than me; have the EoS sent directives to club members telling them what exactly should happen; eg as you describe or wearing masks even when watching matches. It does seem that some of the messages from home clubs regarding face masks are not fully adhered to by fans. I am in agreement that coming into the ground, masks should be worn a s there is generally some kind of huddle at the entrance. 

46 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Burnie, you will know more than me; have the EoS sent directives to club members telling them what exactly should happen; eg as you describe or wearing masks even when watching matches. It does seem that some of the messages from home clubs regarding face masks are not fully adhered to by fans. I am in agreement that coming into the ground, masks should be worn a s there is generally some kind of huddle at the entrance. 

I don't know specifically what the current directives are, but clearly clubs are employing common sense when it comes to watching the game.

On 13/06/2021 at 23:13, Ginaro said:

Ones where the capacity allowed by Scot Gov is higher than the number of season tickets? Annan and Brechin would be your best bet at the moment.

Thanks, good to know! Suspect it's going to be a mixture of cup games and some non-league stuff for us...

45 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Can’t disagree.  Very poor from Broxburn  but fair play to the Uni who were excellent apart for taking their chances.  Big improvement required for next week.

Its all about the competitive games. Everyone is rusty so pre season had been even more critically been about fitness and game time. It will be interesting to see how it all goes next week 

18 hours ago, B75 said:

Broxburn 1-2 Stirling Uni(lowland)

Really should have been 6 or 7.

Having watched all the preseason games, It showed up how far behind broxburn have become. There is nothing in midfield but try to be a passing team. Defense isn't as strong, and the new striker doesnt get much service.  Any team closing us down fast will win everytime. Penicuik next week and I dont know how we're going to win that. Anyway preseason games mean nothing lol

Tayport 4 St Andrews 0
Lucky to get nil. Toothless.
Could be a long season unless it's a particularly weak league.
My first game since Feb 2020.
No masks required.
Decent turnout but you get more people in the ground at a car boot sale anyway.