Preseasonwatch 2021

1 minute ago, Marten said:

Today I've been to my 15th game since fans were allowed again from 17th May and not once have I been told I had to wear a mask all the time, just when entering and leaving grounds...

I’ve only been to 3 matches; two of which, the home side said to wear masks on entering ground. But once people stood for the matches, most took their masks off. A few kept them on which is absolutely their choice. 

4 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

8mile calling someone else a fantasist 😂😂😂😂 . The man who has made up dozens of stories to try and make himself popular on an annonymous forum.

If you or Tony are at the game on Saturday please feel free to introduce yourself. I will be at my usual spot on the half way line..

No quoted post because you lied then? Glad you’ve cleared that up. Fantasist.

Half way line yer usual spot aye? 

AF3EBD06-19CA-41A2-9D76-CE75EAAA615C.gif

26 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I’ve only been to 3 matches; two of which, the home side said to wear masks on entering ground. But once people stood for the matches, most took their masks off. A few kept them on which is absolutely their choice. 

Been on holiday and working weekend OT shifts but folk I’ve spoke to that’ve attended various games have all said same as above about masks on being mandatory for entering/exiting ground only.

15 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

All clubs in the EOS and LL were told three weeks ago that EVERYONE had to wear masks at all times including those on the benches.

The only exemption were substitutes whilst warming up.

And what had happened at St Andrews, if you’ve attended any matches?  

2 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

And what had happened at St Andrews, if you’ve attended any matches?  

I’ve been to one game, spectators wearing masks but neither bench. Appears to be the same elsewhere.

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure masks weren't required once you were in the ground and distanced from others. That's been the arrangement at most pre-season games I've been to.

That pic is a we bit misleading, you're looking at about 100 yards along the wall. I thought groups looked to be well spaced.

That's the situation at the games I had been at aswell. I wore my mask. The only ones I didn't was the games at little kerse their was plenty of room

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Today I've been to my 15th game since fans were allowed again from 17th May and not once have I been told I had to wear a mask all the time, just when entering and leaving grounds...

I've been at 6 games, same experience for me. Some have taken a temperature on the way in, all but one took a name and phone number. Two of the games were in EOS territory, at West Calder and Pumphy. 

Masks weren't required at the Hearts game but seem to have been required on Saturday (I wasn't at that game so I dunno how well it was observed):

1 hour ago, yessiricanboogie said:

That's the situation at the games I had been at aswell. I wore my mask. The only ones I didn't was the games at little kerse their was plenty of room

I wear my mask until I'm where I want to watch the game, but after that I've take my mask off. I haven't been closer than at least 4m to anyone at any game so far - at Rose v Hearts I went round to the grass and had loads of space. Outside that seems to be plenty. Of course, if it's a requirement at games I go to then I'll keep it on. 

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

I wear my mask until I'm where I want to watch the game, but after that I've take my mask off. I haven't been closer than at least 4m to anyone at any game so far - at Rose v Hearts I went round to the grass and had loads of space. Outside that seems to be plenty. Of course, if it's a requirement at games I go to then I'll keep it on. 

I don't think it is a requirement from anywhere I've seen. Fuzzy said they announced it at the game. As I say I wear one at our games 

Not wanting to turn this into the Covid thread but every time I hear Jason Leitch saying "the virus doesn't like fresh air and windy conditions" I think "it must be man made in that it is intelligent enough to distinguish between me standing without a mask in a park in the open air surrounded by people which is seemingly a lower infection risk than me standing without a mask on the open terrace of an East of Scotland football ground in the open air surrounded by people"

BTW If the virus doesn't like windy conditions then Easthouses must be the safest EOSL ground!

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Not wanting to turn this into the Covid thread but every time I hear Jason Leitch saying "the virus doesn't like fresh air and windy conditions" I think "it must be man made in that it is intelligent enough to distinguish between me standing without a mask in a park in the open air surrounded by people which is seemingly a lower infection risk than me standing without a mask on the open terrace of an East of Scotland football ground in the open air surrounded by people"

BTW If the virus doesn't like windy conditions then Easthouses must be the safest EOSL ground!

I'm kinda on the "lock everyone TF down" end of the Covid spectrum and even I agree. It's perfectly easy for every household group to distance well in a most grounds with capacity restricted to 250, and some grounds could cope with a lot more. If we need masks at these games then we need them walking down a high street too.

Anyway, I'll happily wear a mask if it means getting back to football. It's no biggie.

East Fife 15-0 v Burntisland - from what I can see I think that was Shippy's first friendly in a month, only one more game before the season starts (home v Blackburn).

On 04/07/2021 at 23:09, patriot1 said:

All clubs in the EOS and LL were told three weeks ago that EVERYONE had to wear masks at all times including those on the benches.

The only exemption were substitutes whilst warming up.

Is that coming from the SFA / Scot Gov? 

From looking at Twitter it seems there's more clubs saying masks on entry/exit than those following the EOS rules and saying masks at all times.

Bo'ness United 1 Tranent 0

A good run out for both teams in their quest for match fitness. Plenty of graft from both teams.

Not a lot of goalscoring opportunities but there was a peach of a goal from Kieran Anderson who was shown inside and hit a cracking strike into the corner of the net.

Plenty of challenges in the game but referee kept control throughout.

The BU manager will be happy with the defensive side of their game and the performances of several of the new players........but he probably would want the side creating more chances.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

East Fife 15-0 v Burntisland - from what I can see I think that was Shippy's first friendly in a month, only one more game before the season starts (home v Blackburn).

Is that coming from the SFA / Scot Gov? 

From looking at Twitter it seems there's more clubs saying masks on entry/exit than those following the EOS rules and saying masks at all times.

That came from the EOS. I would assume that these are Scottish Government rules but don’t know for sure.

St Andrews 8 Coupar Angus 2. Coupar Angus had a player sent off for a handball on the line. I would have went with a booking as it was only a friendly and he is now suspended for their first league game.