Preseasonwatch 2021

19 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Camelon 3-3 East Stirlingshire.  A game of 2 halfs. Camelon were absolute lightning first half 3-0 up with Michael Gould, Lewis McArthur 87 yard screamer and euan baird. 2nd half Shire put on the experience of Derek Ure and Andy Shirra and it told and they got the game back to 3-3. Great game. Great crowd. Furrily enjoyed the game.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game last night, sitting on the terrace in T-shirt. Don't know the new Kemlin players but they were all trying like a bear, so that will do. Thought it must be the Shire B team in the first half apart from the auld boy playing No9 trying to kick everything above the grass. Great to be back to footy

So not even a decent reason such as Covid positives for inconveniencing Camelon’s pre-season preparation. Just another piece of shabby, brazen behaviour by that club. Couldn’t mark their necks with a blowtorch.
Oh the irony.

How much have the respective Bo'ness clubs contributed to upgrades for Newtown Park, in recent times?

Vale of Leven 3-3 Oakley United.

Very good pre-season fixture between two well matched teams. Oakley were very gracious visitors and I wish them all the best for the season ahead.

It was a feast of football at Millburn today, as the two sides' under 20s played before the main event, with the Vale winning 4-0.

20210703_140722.jpg

20210703_160530.jpg

One of Penicuik's pre-match tweets said face coverings + 2m distancing, whereas other clubs have just said face coverings for entering/exiting + using the facilities, or not mentioned it at all.

It would be good to get some clarity on what the actual rules are, as surely only one of those mentioned above is the correct interpretation of the rules?

The BU's yesterday had masks to be worn but only on entering and exiting the ground. Track and trace was in place. Social distancing to be observed at all times and the front of the covered enclosure was out of bounds to keep the 2m distance between the fans and the BU subs.

No issues with any of that.......and hopefully in a few weeks it will all be back to normal.

From my experience the mask rules are advertised for any Helen Lovejoy types who are willing to attack football clubs.

When you get in it's amazing how many folk suddenly have an exemption.. :whistle

53 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The BU's yesterday had masks to be worn but only on entering and exiting the ground. Track and trace was in place. Social distancing to be observed at all times and the front of the covered enclosure was out of bounds to keep the 2m distance between the fans and the BU subs.

No issues with any of that.......and hopefully in a few weeks it will all be back to normal.

DD I was at the Rose game last week. 2m distancing at all times, masks to be worn at all times and the side of the ground with the stand was no go zone.

Bit strange as you could sit at a table in Rose club beer garden having a beer with mates a metre apart and with no masks.

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

DD I was at the Rose game last week. 2m distancing at all times, masks to be worn at all times and the side of the ground with the stand was no go zone.

Bit strange as you could sit at a table in Rose club beer garden having a beer with mates a metre apart and with no masks.

Was there aye. very few masks and all squashed in there. That isn't the roses fault in fairness thats people themselves and there is only so much clubs can do.  WOrking in a shop and trying to get people to do it is difficult enough without people doing this. Some people started getting closer at our game on Tuesday against shire which is why I moved.

May be an image of 6 people, people standing and outdoors

22 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Vale of Leven 3-3 Oakley United.

Very good pre-season fixture between two well matched teams. Oakley were very gracious visitors and I wish them all the best for the season ahead.

It was a feast of football at Millburn today, as the two sides' under 20s played before the main event, with the Vale winning 4-0.

20210703_140722.jpg

20210703_160530.jpg

I'm glad you found somewhere nice for it.

5 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Was there aye. very few masks and all squashed in there. That isn't the roses fault in fairness thats people themselves and there is only so much clubs can do.  WOrking in a shop and trying to get people to do it is difficult enough without people doing this. Some people started getting closer at our game on Tuesday against shire which is why I moved.

May be an image of 6 people, people standing and outdoors

I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure masks weren't required once you were in the ground and distanced from others. That's been the arrangement at most pre-season games I've been to.

That pic is a we bit misleading, you're looking at about 100 yards along the wall. I thought groups looked to be well spaced.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure masks weren't required once you were in the ground and distanced from others. That's been the arrangement at most pre-season games I've been to.

That pic is a we bit misleading, you're looking at about 100 yards along the wall. I thought groups looked to be well spaced.

There were 3 announcements during the game saying masks had to be worn.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Happy for the mods to delete the post or I’ll delete it myself if @Auld Heid wishes? 

As for the rest of your post; I think you should definitely go and find the post where “8 mile did it to me as well” and quote it. Maybe even make it all bold text as well? It’ll help prove this definitely isn’t yet another one of your absolutely rattled lies of a figment of your fantasist imagination. Weird, weird, weird wee guy.

Look forward to seeing the quote @FuzzyBear

8mile calling someone else a fantasist 😂😂😂😂 . The man who has made up dozens of stories to try and make himself popular on an annonymous forum.

If you or Tony are at the game on Saturday please feel free to introduce yourself. I will be at my usual spot on the half way line..

Today I've been to my 15th game since fans were allowed again from 17th May and not once have I been told I had to wear a mask all the time, just when entering and leaving grounds...